I just got the latest update yesterday and absolutely EVERYTHING lags horribly now! Several apps don't even want to open every time - camera, Facebook, etc terrible! Even when typing, lagging from keyboard to be entry!
    I have KEYone BBB100-1 from AT&T, Android 8.1.0, the update is build ABD375.
    Any suggestions for solving this? Is an issue with memory too close to full? Even when I was too close to full before the update it would never be this terrible! Please help!
    08-21-18 02:09 PM
    With any major OS update, such as this one, it's good practice to do a factory reset if you're experiencing any strange issues.

If you don't want to do that, then you need to update any/all apps and reboot the phone. If specific apps are still causing issues, then you can uninstall/reinstall them. It's also likely because you have little storage space.
    08-21-18 02:52 PM
    I just got the latest update yesterday and absolutely EVERYTHING lags horribly now! Several apps don't even want to open every time - camera, Facebook, etc terrible! Even when typing, lagging from keyboard to be entry!
    I have KEYone BBB100-1 from AT&T, Android 8.1.0, the update is build ABD375.
    Any suggestions for solving this? Is an issue with memory too close to full? Even when I was too close to full before the update it would never be this terrible! Please help!
    Yup. Factory reset. Sometimes OTA updates go screwy.
    08-21-18 03:40 PM
    if I do factory reset, wouldn't that remove the recent update that I'd have to get again?
    08-21-18 03:49 PM
    Nope, you will end up with a clean install of the new OS.
    08-21-18 04:03 PM
    Okay cool, anyway I did have a lot of app updates over the last cpl of days. I rebooted one more time per suggestions above, and it looks like we're back up to speed and she's running nicely!
    08-21-18 04:42 PM
    however I'd like to rant a little - I really don't like the new phone app appearance, and why would they go back to so small contact photos on the active phone call? Seems silly.
    Sheridan804 likes this.
    08-21-18 04:44 PM
    however I'd like to rant a little - I really don't like the new phone app appearance, and why would they go back to so small contact photos on the active phone call? Seems silly.
    Ask Google. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    08-21-18 04:45 PM
    So how in the heck do you make that aims up smiley face!?
    08-21-18 05:56 PM
    I personally like the new call screen very reminiscent of BB10 call screen. what I don't like is that the floating call icon doesn't change colors when muted
    08-21-18 06:45 PM
    So how in the heck do you make that aims up smiley face!?
    Keyboard shortcuts as a word substitute ಠ_ಠ
    08-21-18 07:06 PM
    I have no idea what you are talking about. My KEYone is flying on OREO. The best update ever. It is perfect
    Frank Costanza, Matt J and jagr32 like this.
    08-21-18 09:42 PM
    Before you do anything drastic first clean out the dead stuff.
    I use CClean and Norton Clean, both free apps.
    Use the Power Center and Force Close everything except the Power Center.
    Then do a 32 second shut down and restart.
    08-21-18 09:55 PM
    So far my Oreo update has been phenomenal and a very noticeable performance boost. Only Android Auto still lags plenty, but not as bad as before, however this is a hardware resources issue that will be mostly resolved when I grab a Key2 later this year.
    bitek and jagr32 like this.
    08-21-18 10:54 PM
    Before you do anything drastic first clean out the dead stuff.
    I use CClean and Norton Clean, both free apps.
    Use the Power Center and Force Close everything except the Power Center.
    Then do a 32 second shut down and restart.
    If you want AVG Cleaner and/or SD Maid Pro... I am only a message away
    08-22-18 05:17 AM
    BTW, you may also want to do the following:

> goto the setting section for Data use and turn off some of the apps ability to use data in the background; this uses a lot of resources sporadically throughout the day and will slow your phone down; many of these background data processes are not needed, even not wanted (especially those constantly tracking your location....).

> Activate Developer mode and turn off the first two animation settings to "0" and change the third (windows animations...) to "x.5". this will also give you a nice 10-15%+ performance boost.
    08-22-18 07:34 AM