I have had my K1 since launch. About an hour ago my screen slipped sideways. I slid it back and then downloaded Oreo without incident. Can I just superglue the screen back on? It has slid back into place and seems exactly in the right position-- and is not threatening to fall off again.
    08-15-18 07:52 PM
    The first lot of K1 are known to have defective screen problems.
    Do not try to repair
    Use tape to hold screen in place .... if you break the connecting cable you will not be able to backup
    Backup whatever you can
    Call the BB Service phone ... they will likely send you a new phone first ... taking your credit card for security (incase not returned they will charge you)
    They will give you a return sticker to return defective phone
    08-15-18 08:15 PM
    The first lot of K1 are known to have defective screen problems.
    Do not try to repair
    Use tape to hold screen in place .... if you break the connecting cable you will not be able to backup
    Backup whatever you can
    Call the BB Service phone ... they will likely send you a new phone first ... taking your credit card for security (incase not returned they will charge you)
    They will give you a return sticker to return defective phone
    Or just go to your local phone shop and give them $20 to re-adhere your screen while you wait. Not worth sending back.
    08-15-18 08:16 PM
    Or just go to your local phone shop and give them $20 to re-adhere your screen while you wait. Not worth sending back.
    RISK - you void warrantee by unauthorized repair
    08-15-18 08:22 PM
    RISK - you void warrantee by unauthorized repair
    Nah.
    08-15-18 08:23 PM
    Might have to agree with conite on this one. BB mobile has my keyone and I haven't heard anything for a week since delivery. Not since shipping, since FedEx confirmed delivery
    08-15-18 09:45 PM
    I have had my K1 since launch. About an hour ago my screen slipped sideways. I slid it back and then downloaded Oreo without incident. Can I just superglue the screen back on? It has slid back into place and seems exactly in the right position-- and is not threatening to fall off again.
    I was going to say too much milk but the screen slipped before you got oreo???
    08-15-18 10:22 PM
    I was going to say too much milk but the screen slipped before you got oreo???
    Yep. Seems fine now. I think I'll just get it glued. Now I have a reason to get the K2, so....a silver lining!
    08-15-18 11:41 PM
    Yep. Seems fine now. I think I'll just get it glued. Now I have a reason to get the K2, so....a silver lining!
    Yeah, but make sure you get that screen fixed.
    Then even if you get KEY2, you'll have this one as a secondary/backup phone, which is always good to have.
    Besides, you'll KNOW that it won't fall out again.
    08-16-18 05:28 AM
    I wouldn't get a K2 just yet. Wait til they've fixed the space bar issue. I bought a K2 and the space bar was horrifically wobbley, making a clicky clacky sound whenever touched (not pressed). Guess what? I sold it. I'll now likely wait for the dual sim 128gb version to become available in UK before I get another.
    08-16-18 05:38 AM
    I wouldn't get a K2 just yet. Wait til they've fixed the space bar issue. I bought a K2 and the space bar was horrifically wobbley, making a clicky clacky sound whenever touched (not pressed). Guess what? I sold it. I'll now likely wait for the dual sim 128gb version to become available in UK before I get another.
    So far, I don't think there has been any dual Sim 128gb that were reported having a wobbly spacebar.
    08-16-18 05:48 AM