Install went fine.
    At first consumed battery rapidly.
    Now day 2 will see about that.
    They moved the settings target in pull-down.
    Pull-down notification anywhere is useful... I've used "status bar" app
    I have discovered and noticed little difference.
    Thank goodness it did no damage to my extensive home pages... wishing for backup means.
    Saw a "notification dot" thing... didn't figure out what it is really.
    Has ability to shut off carrier logo on status bar... good.
    Settings looks different, developer options buried in about menu.
    I don't see any big change... for my usage.
    I didn't find broken things yet.
    08-24-18 03:33 AM
    I never understood what "settling" means... there is some persistent lag in app opening and some scattered processes. there is also some accelerated battery consumption... don't tell me I have to live henceforth with regret !!
    08-24-18 08:24 AM
    space bar no longer flashes when fingerprint input is required at lock screen... how come?
    08-24-18 02:47 PM
    They moved the settings target in pull-down.
    What do you mean?

Pull-down notification anywhere is useful...
    How can i do that?

Has ability to shut off carrier logo on status bar... good.
    Where

Sorry for all the questions, but i did not find These Things.
    08-24-18 03:08 PM
    space bar no longer flashes when fingerprint input is required at lock screen... how come?
    Mine just did. Maybe run through the Security screen lock sections in Settings?
    08-24-18 07:25 PM
    does flash fingerprint LED for some apps though...
    08-25-18 04:40 AM
    What do you mean?

How can i do that?

Where

Sorry for all the questions, but i did not find These Things.
    Use search feature in settings & find stuff
    08-25-18 04:41 AM
    day 2, some of he lag seems to be melting away, battery consumption still seems high...
    08-25-18 11:43 AM
    comes now the offer to Dave name to google for every sent email in hub... I officially have install update remourse
    08-25-18 04:20 PM
    it's still legs for a certain number of processes, loading web pages, responding to certain commands... I don't understand this& I thought Oreo was supposed to be better
    08-26-18 05:31 AM
    Upgrade to 8.1 seemed to go well... except:

- Some apps no longer run/update properly in background (my weather widget for example)

- Battery life is noticeably reduced. Previously at the end of my day I would still be at 50-60% battery.... now it's more like 20-30%

- Twice in the past two days I've picked up my phone to find it powered off!

- Everything seems to be slower / less responsive / more "laggy".

It's only been 4 days with 8.1, but so far I'm less than impressed.
    RLeeSimon and terminatorx like this.
    08-26-18 09:15 AM
    hmnn strange how there are different experiences with Oreo. maybe I don't know my phone well enough but I can't say I noticed different processing times but what I have noticed is BETTER battery life and I think I'm going to love the WiFi calling
    08-26-18 09:19 AM
    Update: it seems that Power Center took it upon itself to "optimize" everything except Play Services, hence some apps no longer running properly in background. Disabling the optimization for apps of concern has taken care of that issue.

A 32 sec. reboot cleared up some of the lagginess and today the battery life was exceptional. After 12 hours the battery was at 83%.

No repeats of the powering down problem since my last post.

Fingers crossed that these good results continue!
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    08-27-18 07:40 PM
    notification pull down font miniscule...
    certain intrusive notifications can't be removed by swipe or otherwise...
    icons black&white in pull-down barely visible...

Oreo regret matches on...

Add: PKB backlight now on/off by whim and not by any sense... was perfect before
    09-01-18 05:32 AM
    there was no option to update N rather than update to O so here we are...
    09-02-18 08:53 AM
    I upgraded a little over a week ago. I'm very unimpressed and am looking to roll back the OS update.

Everything seems laggy, and my apps are "no longer responding" almost every time I try to open something. Messages has been the biggest issue for me, where someone will text me and I can see it in the Hub, but I never get a notification and can't see it in my messages app.

Other invasive issues are blackberry launcher, launcher ui, and hub+ services (which are all pretty integral to the ux) are hanging, laggy, and will show "no longer responding" messages for me to close out of them.

Other than rolling back the update, anyone have recommendations on ways to fix these issues? I've restarted a number of times, including full power-downs, not just restarts.

I'm almost ready to move on to another phone.
    09-02-18 01:34 PM
    You can "roll back"? I'm afraid the apps will gradually or sooner stop working on Nougat.
    09-02-18 01:42 PM
    I upgraded a little over a week ago. I'm very unimpressed and am looking to roll back the OS update.

Everything seems laggy, and my apps are "no longer responding" almost every time I try to open something. Messages has been the biggest issue for me, where someone will text me and I can see it in the Hub, but I never get a notification and can't see it in my messages app.

Other invasive issues are blackberry launcher, launcher ui, and hub+ services (which are all pretty integral to the ux) are hanging, laggy, and will show "no longer responding" messages for me to close out of them.

Other than rolling back the update, anyone have recommendations on ways to fix these issues? I've restarted a number of times, including full power-downs, not just restarts.

I'm almost ready to move on to another phone.
    Prior to rolling back, try a factory reset first.
    09-02-18 01:42 PM
    Will that keep the Oreo update in place?
    09-02-18 01:49 PM
    Will that keep the Oreo update in place?
    Yes.
    09-02-18 01:51 PM
    Yes.
    Thanks. I haven't done a factory reset. Will most of my data be somewhat preserved with Google?
    09-02-18 01:55 PM
    Thanks. I haven't done a factory reset. Will most of my data be somewhat preserved with Google?
    Expect none. Although many apps and settings will reinstall.
    09-02-18 03:19 PM
    Expect none. Although many apps and settings will reinstall.
    Thanks.
    09-02-18 08:33 PM
    Still pulling apps back onto my phone, but the lagging and other issues I was experiencing seems to be gone. Thanks for the direction on this!

Out of curiosity, I'd formatted an SD card when I first got the phone, but now it's saying it needs to be reformatted again. Do I need to reformat, or is there some way for it to be recognized as valid?
    09-03-18 09:13 AM
    Still pulling apps back onto my phone, but the lagging and other issues I was experiencing seems to be gone. Thanks for the direction on this!

Out of curiosity, I'd formatted an SD card when I first got the phone, but now it's saying it needs to be reformatted again. Do I need to reformat, or is there some way for it to be recognized as valid?
    Can you read the card on any other device?
    09-03-18 09:16 AM
77 123 ...