Are you using a screen lock? If not that could cause your screen to light up in your pocket and change settings as you move about.
    Yes, that's how i can take advantage of a fingerprint reader. And it just happen today and yesterday when i'm outside and get disconnected from my bluetooth headphone. Never happen before when i'm on Nougat.
    08-09-18 12:06 PM
    Yes, that's how i can take advantage of a fingerprint reader. And it just happen today and yesterday when i'm outside and get disconnected from my bluetooth headphone. Never happen before when i'm on Nougat.
    So in your original post you claimed that your screen was turning on and then turning off Bluetooth,GPS..

Now it's just losing connection with your bluetooth headphone. You have confused us quite well. Maybe you just need to delete your paired device (headphones) profile and then re-pair them from scratch?
    08-09-18 12:38 PM
    So in your original post you claimed that your screen was turning on and then turning off Bluetooth,GPS..

Now it's just losing connection with your bluetooth headphone. You have confused us quite well. Maybe you just need to delete your paired device (headphones) profile and then re-pair them from scratch?
    Ok. Yesterday, when i got home, i feel a little warm in my pocket, i pull out my phone and find out the screen it on and the notification bar is pull down, do not disturb actived. I though maybe it was my fault, maybe i forgot to lock the screen before put it into my pocket.
    Today, the samething happen but I'm too busy to find out why. Later today, when i'm walking on the road home with my phone on my pocket, my bluetooth headphone say "paring" , I pull it out, again the screen it on, i'm on lockscreen with notification bar showing, and now my bluetooth it disable, location is off, i have to turn it on to continue using my bluetooth headphone. That's when I think smt is not right.
    Care to hear the rest about how i think of the setting and when i started to look for it?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-09-18 12:58 PM
    I think that's the Ambient display keeps the screen off. You need turn it off. There is no separate option for that.
    nguyendaovietnam likes this.
    08-09-18 01:53 PM
    I have entered a bug report to the Oreo team. This is a serious issue.
    08-09-18 02:16 PM
    that function is on my wife's Samsung, it isn't on any BBM phone, I know of.
    08-09-18 02:26 PM
    I have entered a bug report to the Oreo team. This is a serious issue.
    Pour some water on my comment. Not a serious issue that I thought it was. While testing out the OP issue I found that I was able to get into the phone without a password after pushing the power button. Turns out I had forgotten that I had added a Trusted Face in Smart Lock.

So what I think is happening to the OP is that while having the phone in pocket the power button is getting pushed which brings up the lockscreen and then by chance the settings are getting opened and then again by chance it is turning off the bluetooth/others. Do you wear really tight pants?
    08-09-18 04:05 PM
    Pour some water on my comment. Not a serious issue that I thought it was. While testing out the OP issue I found that I was able to get into the phone without a password after pushing the power button. Turns out I had forgotten that I had added a Trusted Face in Smart Lock.

So what I think is happening to the OP is that while having the phone in pocket the power button is getting pushed which brings up the lockscreen and then by chance the settings are getting opened and then again by chance it is turning off the bluetooth/others. Do you wear really tight pants?
    Unfortunatetly I don't use Smart Lock, I already double check it.
    Now I just try to turn off ambient display, hope that will fix my problem and because it's uglier than Nougat ambient display.
    08-10-18 08:02 AM
    No i didn't. I will only use smart lock if it have face detection, which it havent.

Do anyone have a full screenshot of display setting on Keyone Nougat so i can double check if i remember correctly, pls! I really sure that I have the "keep screen turned off" or smt the same in my setting before.
    I don't know if I would be so quick to trust face detection, either. I remember hearing an account on the news where a child was able to unlock his mother's phone using that feature. My oldest son looks like a taller male version of myself...not that I have ever experimented, but still.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 01:38 AM
    Unfortunatetly I don't use Smart Lock, I already double check it.
    Now I just try to turn off ambient display, hope that will fix my problem and because it's uglier than Nougat ambient display.
    I have Oreo on a non BlackBerry device (my first non BlackBerry smartphone, ever) and frankly, I don't prefer it to Nougat. Mostly for UI reasons, which I am sure some would find to be stupid, but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 01:40 AM
35 12