I have the keyone black edition and ever since the first Oreo update I've had nothing but problems. It takes an hour to update apps. I can't change notification sounds in some apps. Not getting notifications. Issues within some apps, and the list goes on. What a bloody joke! I think they do this so you'll upgrade your phone. I'm thinking of moving away from blackberry entirely.
    11-06-18 07:25 PM
    I have the keyone black edition and ever since the first Oreo update I've had nothing but problems. It takes an hour to update apps. I can't change notification sounds in some apps. Not getting notifications. Issues within some apps, and the list goes on. What a bloody joke! I think they do this so you'll upgrade your phone. I'm thinking of moving away from blackberry entirely.
    My friend this can happen on iPhone, Android or whatever. iOS has had many issues after updates over the years.

I understand your frustration but sometimes things wrong. Try doing a hard rest and let the phone settle for a couple days and reboot daily.
    Try clearing the cash and after a few days you may consider a factory reset. I've done it before on my much praised Oneplus 3T due to media pausing constantly.
    11-06-18 07:34 PM
    My friend this can happen on iPhone, Android or whatever. iOS has had many issues after updates over the years.

I understand your frustration but sometimes things wrong. Try doing a hard rest and let the phone settle for a couple days and reboot daily.
    Try clearing the cash and after a few days you may consider a factory reset. I've done it before on my much praised Oneplus 3T due to media pausing constantly.
    I'm trying to avoid a factory reset.
    11-06-18 07:45 PM
    Sometimes it is the best thing and it keeps us fresh on how we have all the settings set not to mention forces us to make a recent backup so all our data is safe.
    11-06-18 07:48 PM
    Sometimes it is the best thing and it keeps us fresh on how we have all the settings set not to mention forces us to make a recent backup so all our data is safe.
    I did that when I first got Oreo and it didn't help.
    11-06-18 07:49 PM
    I did that when I first got Oreo and it didn't help.
    A factory reset is usually recommended after a major update.
    11-06-18 08:24 PM
    A factory reset is usually recommended after a major update.
    battery sucks after ABI087.. the sot is only 55mins and battery is down 20%.. any recommendation?
    Attached Thumbnails Oreo Is Garbage!-168958.jpg  
    11-06-18 10:52 PM
    battery sucks after ABI087.. the sot is only 55mins and battery is down 20%.. any recommendation?
    Did you try a factory reset? I've noticed no difference whatsoever in battery use after the update.
    11-06-18 10:56 PM
    Did you try a factory reset? I've noticed no difference whatsoever in battery use after the update.
    if I do a factory reset, do I still need to update again to oreo 8.1?

will the password keeper still keeps all my usernames and passwords?
    11-07-18 04:16 AM
    No you don't need to. And if you backup your password manager to the cloud via google drive you will get everything back.
    You could also export it to a file and install it later without a cloud.

Battery should look like this if everything is normal:
    Attached Thumbnails Oreo Is Garbage!-8043.jpg  
    Last edited by Moon_Man; 11-07-18 at 07:36 AM.
    11-07-18 04:39 AM
    the one thing that bugs me is when you want to share. I don't want so many options and friends on the list. Copy to Clipboard would do me, and I'd love to get rid of those options. even a detuned version would be brilliant instead of limiting background to 3 functions to speed it up.
    11-07-18 06:45 AM
    No you don't need to. And if you backup your password manager to the cloud via google drive you will get everything back.
    You could also export it to a file and install it later without a cloud.

Battery should look like this if everything is normal:
    thanks.. but I don't trust cloud service especially with password keeper/manager.. guess I will just have to input everything again manually after reset..

what are the benefits of factory reset after an os update? are the benefits worth the hassles of setting all the apps again? is it really going to be like a brand new phone in terms battery and speed etc...?

pls enlighten me!
    11-07-18 08:59 PM

H
    Last edited by stefman722; 11-11-18 at 01:33 AM.
    11-08-18 01:25 AM
    thanks.. but I don't trust cloud service especially with password keeper/manager.. guess I will just have to input everything again manually after reset..

what are the benefits of factory reset after an os update? are the benefits worth the hassles of setting all the apps again? is it really going to be like a brand new phone in terms battery and speed etc...?

pls enlighten me!
    Sometimes it really helps. Had another phone which really got slow after upgrading and updating so many things. After factory reset it got much better.

If you don't use cloud you can export it to a file and store it on a pc. After reset you can put the file again on your blackberry and install the file. It will ask for your password and then integrate all your stored passwords
    Last edited by Moon_Man; 11-08-18 at 02:16 AM.
    11-08-18 01:47 AM
    Oreo is not garbage.

Trying to avoid a factory reset is nice but that's usually not how major updates work. People sometimes do strange things, because "it's been said to do so". Factory reset after major Android update is not one of them. You'd have probably had to reinstall Windows if you wanted to get Windows 11 too (even if that won't happen, imagine that - it's completely the same).
    11-08-18 02:57 AM
    Oreo is not garbage.

Trying to avoid a factory reset is nice but that's usually not how major updates work. People sometimes do strange things, because "it's been said to do so". Factory reset after major Android update is not one of them. You'd have probably had to reinstall Windows if you wanted to get Windows 11 too (even if that won't happen, imagine that - it's completely the same).
    now you're confusing me..
    11-08-18 07:44 AM
    From the posts on CB, Oreo has been an improvement for most people. For me, the Word Substitution bug is gone - that was an important one that made the KeyOne typing experience quite annoying.

I'm also getting better battery life and slightly less lag in Hub. No factory reset following the update.

I have noticed that notification sounds and LED colours have become more limited. I can't find the option in Settings to set different sounds for different notifications. But that's not enough to make me want to ditch the phone.
    11-08-18 09:21 AM
    I don't necessarily trust cloud services for password managers either. I have gotten my password manager set up so that it works across devices and is very secure.

I have KeePass (open source, with Windows & Android clients), and save the KeePass database on my dropbox account. Here's how I make it more secure:

Dropbox account is secured with random 32 character password (that's in the database), and a Yubikey U2F security key. In order to load my password database into KeePass - I have Slot 2 on the Yubikey configured for challenge/response, and required to open the database in KeePass.

So, if my dropbox account is compromised - My database is still secured by a strong password AND two factor, physical authentication.

I think it's a pretty secure way to levy the capabilities of cloud storage, without sacrificing the security of my accounts.

Finally, if my dropbox account is compromised, AND they somehow get into my KeePass database - all the accounts that offer two factor authentication are set up for it.
    11-08-18 10:18 AM
    I was advised to do a factory update as well but resistantto it and dreaded it terribly. Finally the screen popped loose and I had to send my key one back to TCL which they replaced quickly. It contains Oreo already installed and the result much better functionality. Comité & several others mention that it might have been caused by a defective over the air update yielding all of my misery. However I did find Oreo gave much misery before finally coming to this newest almost brand new looking device which functions just like it should.
    11-08-18 01:26 PM