Hi. I asked this question a week or so ago, focusing on how to clear cache on the beta oreo version. It was commented on that Oreo has an intelligent cache optimisation process so there is no need to clear cache manually. When I check my storage recently it had gone up by 2gb (my year long internal storage has always been 15 gb). So when I go through Settings Storage Other apps, each commonly used app has circa 300 to 800 mg of cache which can be cleared. Are others seeing this also?
    08-09-18 03:26 AM
    so what is the problem? are you upset you can manually clear the cache on individual apps?
    08-09-18 07:49 AM
    not at all. it was just clarity sake. prior to the beta version you could clear all cache Other Apps, but in this beta release it's done manually per app, so is obviously more tedious. that plus the fact that some commented on how oreo didn't need manual cache clearing. does bother me either way as my keyone is great, but there will be that question asked when oreo is released to the masses, unless it's changed from the beta version.
    08-09-18 08:09 AM
    not at all. it was just clarity sake. prior to the beta version you could clear all cache Other Apps, but in this beta release it's done manually per app, so is obviously more tedious. that plus the fact that some commented on how oreo didn't need manual cache clearing. does bother me either way as my keyone is great, but there will be that question asked when oreo is released to the masses, unless it's changed from the beta version.
    I haven't had to clear my Oreo cache since the start of the beta program over 3 weeks ago (where I had to twice a week on Nougat). Just don't worry about it.

https://mobileinternist.com/clear-cache-android-oreo
    08-09-18 08:59 AM
    so what is the problem? are you upset you can manually clear the cache on individual apps?
    I think he is questioning why the automated system hasn't cleared it yet.
    08-09-18 09:05 AM
    I think he is questioning why the automated system hasn't cleared it yet.
    That's not how it works though. Cache is cleared on an app by app basis if/when more resources are required.
    08-11-18 03:36 PM
    That's not how it works though. Cache is cleared on an app by app basis if/when more resources are required.
    How has that been doing? I have to clear my K1 when it has taken up less memory cache than the OP is describing else it starts acting funny. How much of the memory will it allow to fill before making the decision?
    08-11-18 06:10 PM
    How has that been doing? I have to clear my K1 when it has taken up less memory cache than the OP is describing else it starts acting funny. How much of the memory will it allow to fill before making the decision?
    I haven't cleared the cache in 3.5 weeks.
    08-11-18 08:57 PM
    I haven't cleared or even needed to clear the cache since oreo was installed on day 1 of the beta.
    08-12-18 01:57 PM
    I haven't cleared or even needed to clear the cache since oreo was installed on day 1 of the beta.
    I don't thinks there is a way to globally clear the cache on Oreo the way there is on Nougat. I haven't found away. Supposedly it isn't needed on Oreo.
    08-12-18 02:35 PM
    that was the point I was trying to make. my ketone runs faster now than it ever has
    08-12-18 02:37 PM
    If you want to investigate your RAM Memory Usage, Power Centre provides quick access to view/force stop apps that are using memory. I haven't had to force close anything as yet (on Oreo Beta)
    08-12-18 06:06 PM
    I personally use SD Maid Pro and AVG cleaner to clean my device twice a day. I've been using this since the beginning and also with ABD796 Oreo patch I loaded on Saturday evening.

I use these apps twice a day. Once in the morning, followed by a reboot, and once after I finish work.
    08-13-18 07:07 AM
    I personally use SD Maid Pro and AVG cleaner to clean my device twice a day. I've been using this since the beginning and also with ABD796 Oreo patch I loaded on Saturday evening.

I use these apps twice a day. Once in the morning, followed by a reboot, and once after I finish work.
    Those apps just eliminate debris - they don't do much else.

I do use SD Maid occasionally to do just that, but it won't enhance performance.

No need to reboot.

I haven't touched by cache in 4 weeks on Oreo.
    08-13-18 07:54 AM