I think BBM should compensate keyone cdma users with at least 5 years security updates for not giving us Oreo.
    At the bare minimum. As well as offer free upgrades to KEY2 or KEY2LE.
    RonW3 likes this.
    10-01-18 05:52 PM
    What good would that do? They’re not CDMA devices..
    At the bare minimum. As well as offer free upgrades to KEY2 or KEY2LE.
    FF22 and psychofox13 like this.
    10-01-18 05:55 PM
    What good would that do? They’re not CDMA devices..
    For broken promises to end users. KEY2LE is likely headed to Verizon.
    10-01-18 05:56 PM
    As CDMA?
    It would easier and smart business sense to drop you as customer....
    Not you specifically
    10-01-18 05:57 PM
    After keyone cdma dropped the Oreo update, cdma version resale value went down a lot. Some ebay sellers are selling brand new keyone cdma for like $200ish.
    10-01-18 06:11 PM
    After keyone cdma dropped the Oreo update, cdma version resale value went down a lot. Some ebay sellers are selling brand new keyone cdma for like $200ish.
    Which is great for others who aren't on Verizon, and know how to run autoloaders!
    10-01-18 06:16 PM
    For broken promises to end users.
    I think BBM should compensate keyone cdma users
    "Timing and availability of this update will depend on carrier policy and schedule"
    10-01-18 06:28 PM
    "Timing and availability of this update will depend on carrier policy and schedule"
    Conite, you’re supposed to defend us, not them!
    10-01-18 06:32 PM
    Conite, you’re supposed to defend us, not them!
    I just think you're not being realistic. But it sucks - that I can completely understand.
    bibbula likes this.
    10-01-18 06:36 PM
    gunn'a miss the capacitive keyboard on the LE.
    10-01-18 06:41 PM
    Ahem but really, unless bbm expects Verizon to pay, it sounds as if bbm has decided not to offer the update. Where's the one major upgrade that bbm promised?

I forget - did Sprint officially offer the phone? Verizon never did. So carrier is in/out of the picture.
    10-01-18 09:41 PM
    Ahem but really, unless bbm expects Verizon to pay, it sounds as if bbm has decided not to offer the update. Where's the one major upgrade that bbm promised?

I forget - did Sprint officially offer the phone? Verizon never did. So carrier is in/out of the picture.
    What do you mean offer?

The existing build works fine if Verizon would only whitelist it.

Do you think BBMo would rather keep a Nougat branch going just for them instead?

Verizon didn't "offer" the phone, but, despite being technically unlocked, the 118-001 variant was specifically made for Verizon, and Verizon had to whitelist it in order for it to work - which they chose to do with Nougat, but not with Oreo.
    bibbula and RonW3 like this.
    10-01-18 10:02 PM
    What do you mean offer?

The existing build works fine if Verizon would only whitelist it.

Do you think BBMo would rather keep a Nougat branch going just for them instead?

Verizon didn't "offer" the phone, but, despite being technically unlocked, the 118-001 variant was specifically made for Verizon, and Verizon had to whitelist it in order for it to work - which they chose to do with Nougat, but not with Oreo.
    Did Sprint actually sell the KeyOne?

How do you know the current (Oreo) build works on the Verizon model?
    10-01-18 11:54 PM
    Did Sprint actually sell the KeyOne?

How do you know the current (Oreo) build works on the Verizon model?
    Agreed, show us a document that says a current build of Oreo works with the Verizon variant.
    10-02-18 06:09 AM
    "A" current build may work on PRD-63118-001 AKA Verizon Variant. None of the published ones do though. They will load and boot fine but you won't get service (even if you use a t-mobile sim card). I have the "verizon" variant and none of the Oreo builds have cell service regardless of carrier (in the US at least). They will boot up fine and work as a wifi toilet reader if you want...
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-18 06:47 AM
    That would suggest a whitelisting issue??
    "A" current build may work on PRD-63118-001 AKA Verizon Variant. None of the published ones do though. They will load and boot fine but you won't get service (even if you use a t-mobile sim card). I have the "verizon" variant and none of the Oreo builds have cell service regardless of carrier (in the US at least). They will boot up fine and work as a wifi toilet reader if you want...
    10-02-18 08:13 AM
    That would suggest a whitelisting issue??
    Also a chicken or an egg scenario.

Did Verizon say no, so BBMo didn't bother finishing the build, or will it work as-is, and Verizon didn't whitelist. Same result.

The only thing for sure is that it's not a technical issue from BBMo's side that prevents them from making a usable build.
    jcrutchvt2010 and bibbula like this.
    10-02-18 08:25 AM
    That darn Verizon.
    10-02-18 08:26 AM
    That darn Verizon.
    Oreo BBB100-3 (Verizon) KEYone Waiting Room-giphy.gif
    jcrutchvt2010 and FF22 like this.
    10-02-18 08:30 AM
    So do we blame verizon and sprint for not getting an oreo?
    10-02-18 11:45 AM
    Verizon's open market phone list states that both the hardware and software have to be certified. Does that mean that BlackBerry Mobile would have to pay again for Oreo certification? They haven't exactly shown an interest in any additional expenses in regards to Verizon in terms of new devices, so why would they pay for an in-place device?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-18 05:15 PM
    Verizon's open market phone list states that both the hardware and software have to be certified. Does that mean that BlackBerry Mobile would have to pay again for Oreo certification? They haven't exactly shown an interest in any additional expenses in regards to Verizon in terms of new devices, so why would they pay for an in-place device?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's about money changing hands. My impression is that Verizon certifies a device if they think it's in their best interest to do so.

At the end of the day, they ONLY care about their subscriber numbers.
    10-02-18 05:34 PM
    Very true Conite! The KeyOne wouldn't move the needle for Verizon, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they would ask for additional money to certify a new operating system, which they could consider a new device?

No matter what the reason, it's discouraging to anyone who would like to see the BlackBerry name continue in handsets.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-18 05:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think BBM did not want to pay another certification fee for Oreo. Verizon LG V20 will get Oreo even though it’s 2016 device.
    10-02-18 05:53 PM
    I think BBM did not want to pay another certification fee for Oreo. Verizon LG V20 will get Oreo even though it’s 2016 device.
    Pretty sure VZW made some healthy profits selling V20 hardware.
    bibbula likes this.
    10-02-18 09:18 PM
420 ... 1314151617