I have a BBB100-3 (KeyOne for CDMA) with Verizon for a provider. From reading many other forum posts, it seems Verizon is preventing BlackBerry from pushing the Oreo update on their network. If I switched to another network, like Sprint or Tmobile, will my K1 finally get the Android 8 OS update?
    03-27-19 09:24 PM
    Unlikely and/or undetermined. Updates are due to your PRD #. go to Support Center > Device Info > CU Reference Number

VZ is phasing out CDMA as a network technology as an ongoing phased project. As time goes on, there will be less and less support for CDMA devices (not just BB). Obviously with so much in flux with their network engineering, they're not going to spend money on updating a device that's going to be end of life in the not too distant future.

What is your PRD#? If you go to tclota.birth-online.de , you'll see the latest OS that your device should have.
    03-27-19 10:15 PM
    I have a BBB100-3 (KeyOne for CDMA) with Verizon for a provider. From reading many other forum posts, it seems Verizon is preventing BlackBerry from pushing the Oreo update on their network. If I switched to another network, like Sprint or Tmobile, will my K1 finally get the Android 8 OS update?
    Updates are by device PRD. Carrier is irrelevant.

So no, switching won't do anything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    03-27-19 10:56 PM
    Sorry for the delay responding, for some reason I didn't get any notifications from CB. This is one of my first few posts on this site, so it's probably some bad config on my end. Will look into it.

Anyway, thanks for the linked info those are both great references! Too bad about being stuck on 7, but oh well.

If VZW is moving away from CDMA does that mean any LTE capable phone should work on their network? For example, a BBB100-1 US GSM phone, which has LTE?
    03-28-19 11:34 AM
    Sorry for the delay responding, for some reason I didn't get any notifications from CB. This is one of my first few posts on this site, so it's probably some bad config on my end. Will look into it.

Anyway, thanks for the linked info those are both great references! Too bad about being stuck on 7, but oh well.

If VZW is moving away from CDMA does that mean any LTE capable phone should work on their network? For example, a BBB100-1 US GSM phone, which has LTE?
    Not really. Technically Verizon has to whitelist a phone to allow it to run on their network.

They have whitelisted the KEY² LE however.
    03-28-19 11:36 AM
    I want to like the LE, but unfortunately backswipe to remove a word is the best thing to happen to mobile keyboards (at least for me) since T9. I'd take that same feature on a slab before giving it up with pkb. Any BBRY slabs slated for dev in the next year or two?
    03-28-19 02:04 PM
    Any BBRY slabs slated for dev in the next year or two?
    No leaks so far.
    03-28-19 02:26 PM