Could not disagree more about iOs versus Android on BlackBerry or Google Pixel.
    Prior to my iPhone 6s I had a Z10- Z30 then iPhone 6s then went for a Priv, then 50, then 60 now Pixel. Kid has latest iPhone which I help her with. Such a pain to use compared to Android. Closed OS that has barely changed in 8 years.
    BTW, its not BlackBerry saying no to Apple regarding Hub. It's Apple saying no to BlackBerry because iOs is a closed system and they want to keep it that way. Same reason Apple won't share iMessage. Ecosystem on Google Android has now surpassed Apple for half the cost.
    Do you have evidence of Apple's position on the Hub? It just allowed a new version of BBM. Then again, BBM isn't really a threat to iMessage.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    04-17-17 08:13 PM
    For me, iPhone is very reliable for my usage but they're boring.
    I keep my iPhone's longer had an iPhone 6 for almost 2 years, now I have a 7 Plus which I will keep for a while BUT I get a new Android pretty much every other month.
    krazyatom likes this.
    04-17-17 08:39 PM
    iPhones keep their value really well. I'm sure you can make back almost all of your cash if you resell it, especially if it's that spiffy red color.
    04-17-17 09:34 PM
    Has the OP ever answered if the Red iPhone was purchased at full retail or is it a carrier payment plan? I mean if paid full retail has many more options. Can easily get the money to cover the KEYone if wants to go that way. But if carrier installment purchased has only a small window to return.
    04-17-17 10:50 PM
    OP here, it was bought outright not through a carrier
    04-18-17 01:43 AM
    We're closer to release than ever and you're buying an iPhone. Lol. Shame on you. 😝🙄
    Closer? Definitely. Really close to less than one month? Maybe. No Crackberrian knows.
    04-18-17 06:24 AM
    Closer? Definitely. Really close to less than one month? Maybe. No Crackberrian knows.
    iUser as a name? You must not be from around these parts. Lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    04-18-17 08:58 AM
    OP here, it was bought outright not through a carrier
    Then you have options. Like I said, have an iPhone 6s work issued and an iPhone 7 for personal use. I'm excited for the KEYone but have had my 7 since launch. I'll do the reverse. Keep the 7 but buy the KEYone at launch. If I like it then I'll sell my 7, if not I'll sell or return.
    04-18-17 05:02 PM
    Then you have options. Like I said, have an iPhone 6s work issued and an iPhone 7 for personal use. I'm excited for the KEYone but have had my 7 since launch. I'll do the reverse. Keep the 7 but buy the KEYone at launch. If I like it then I'll sell my 7, if not I'll sell or return.
    I know with this being a blackberry forum people's opinion was always going to be slewed towards the keyone, but I was surprised how many ppl shouted up for the iphone...what really made me make the decision to return it was that something just clicked and thought, hang on a minute this OS looks very similar to my 6 year old ipod touch and 4 year old ipad

When I get a new phone I like to have something 'new' to play with
    04-18-17 05:17 PM
    I know with this being a blackberry forum people's opinion was always going to be slewed towards the keyone, but I was surprised how many ppl shouted up for the iphone...what really made me make the decision to return it was that something just clicked and thought, hang on a minute this OS looks very similar to my 6 year old ipod touch and 4 year old ipad

When I get a new phone I like to have something 'new' to play with
    I agree completely! And despite that, most consumers don't want change from an OS perspective other than a few new features. Like I've said it's not that I like "iOS" just haven't found the Android device I can get use to. 10+ years of BBOS and BB10. Hopefully the KEYone is the device that blends just right.

Maybe find a device in the Market Place to hold you over?
    04-18-17 05:40 PM
    Smart, you will have it within 4-6 weeks. And dont believe anyone here that apps work better on iPhone than Android. Those are apps specific to the USA market apparently like US bank apps. Also products like Chromecast on Android are half the price of Apple TV/Audio products. Ecosystem is just as good with Google Android. Google Play Store is also way better as everything is in one spot and easy to navigate unlike Apple that has outdated stores like iTunes and App Store that are separate apps.
    Plus you can't customize anything on iPhone. So boring!
    Open Source software like Android will and has developed faster than iOs and will continue to do so.
    One last thing. Don't forget you still get the BlackBerry Suite of apps on any Android. iPhone of course would never let that happen. They still have the same email app and keyboard 8 years later.
    Apps does work much better on iOS than android. There are countless and countless of studies on the web saying so... just do a search. The main reason is the fragmentation of the Android market: so many types of devices and so many different OS versions.

Developers spend much more time writing the same app on Android vs iOS, cause they tend to have a lot more coding. More coding equal more risks of mistakes.

Also most corporations would prefer iOS. Since it's a closed ecosystem, it's much easier to lock the phone down with MDM. Kind of like what BB used to be.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-18-17 06:45 PM
    Apps does work much better on iOS than android. There are countless and countless of studies on the web saying so... just do a search. The main reason is the fragmentation of the Android market: so many types of devices and so many different OS versions.

Developers spend much more time writing the same app on Android vs iOS, cause they tend to have a lot more coding. More coding equal more risks of mistakes.

Also most corporations would prefer iOS. Since it's a closed ecosystem, it's much easier to lock the phone down with MDM. Kind of like what BB used to be.
    Well, not really, at least not in the past few years:
    New study finds iPhones fail far more often than Android devices – BGR

My experience points to a similar conclusion, more app crashes and even system crashes on "iDevices" than Androids, at least the ones I had in the recent years.

Regarding development, I've seen people who prefer one and people who strongly prefer the other one. Some things are better, easier, in iOS development, and some in Android. Fragmentation, be it the number of devices, be it the various software versions, is generally not that as big a deal as most people believe.
    An example:
    Android vs. iOS: Comparing the Development Process of the GQueues Mobile Apps | GQueues
    "I have 12 years of experience as a software engineer, but this was my first time making an Android app, and my first data-focused iOS app (I made two games for iOS 3 back in 2010, but they mostly dealt with animations and Bluetooth connectivity). The last time I wrote any significant Java code was in grad school classes, and my Objective-C coding was limited to the two games. So I basically started with an equal blank slate on both platforms.

In short, I was able to pick up Android development twice as fast as iOS.
    (...)
    Overall, the quality of the Android documentation corpus (official docs, third-party tutorials, books, code samples, StackOverflow posts) is much higher in my opinion.
    (...)
    As shown in the Stats Overview above, developing the Android app was about 10% faster than the iOS app, even though as part of the Android app development I re-wrote the entire syncing code for the backend servers that was previously used with the HTML5 mobile web app. Creating an app that eschewed the generic, antiquated interface provided by iOS 6 added additional time, but even considering that, Android development just moved faster."
    04-19-17 04:24 AM
    Don't you have issues with the sms bug like when Apple used to divert your messages when you were no longer using an iphone? I have enough issues moving my messenger app logins between my BlackBerry and Android phones, as I swap them weekly like you.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 06:15 AM
    Don't you have issues with the sms bug like when Apple used to divert your messages when you were no longer using an iphone? I have enough issues moving my messenger app logins between my BlackBerry and Android phones, as I swap them weekly like you.

Posted via CB10
    You just have to log off of iMessage after you leave Apple.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-19-17 04:53 PM
    Well, not really, at least not in the past few years:
    New study finds iPhones fail far more often than Android devices – BGR

My experience points to a similar conclusion, more app crashes and even system crashes on "iDevices" than Androids, at least the ones I had in the recent years.

Regarding development, I've seen people who prefer one and people who strongly prefer the other one. Some things are better, easier, in iOS development, and some in Android. Fragmentation, be it the number of devices, be it the various software versions, is generally not that as big a deal as most people believe.
    An example:
    Android vs. iOS: Comparing the Development Process of the GQueues Mobile Apps | GQueues
    "I have 12 years of experience as a software engineer, but this was my first time making an Android app, and my first data-focused iOS app (I made two games for iOS 3 back in 2010, but they mostly dealt with animations and Bluetooth connectivity). The last time I wrote any significant Java code was in grad school classes, and my Objective-C coding was limited to the two games. So I basically started with an equal blank slate on both platforms.

In short, I was able to pick up Android development twice as fast as iOS.
    (...)
    Overall, the quality of the Android documentation corpus (official docs, third-party tutorials, books, code samples, StackOverflow posts) is much higher in my opinion.
    (...)
    As shown in the Stats Overview above, developing the Android app was about 10% faster than the iOS app, even though as part of the Android app development I re-wrote the entire syncing code for the backend servers that was previously used with the HTML5 mobile web app. Creating an app that eschewed the generic, antiquated interface provided by iOS 6 added additional time, but even considering that, Android development just moved faster."
    Exactly. iPhone loyalists always need to justify why they bought and use the device on a OS that has not changed much in 9 years. Boring to say the least. Its the new Green Screen :-)
    I like my Mac Pro but that is a different OS so I am not anti Apple; I just think iOs is second best to Android.
    04-19-17 05:21 PM
    OP here...Keyone ordered from CPW, delivery hopefully 6 May *phew*
    MikeWrightBB likes this.
    04-20-17 06:18 PM
    OP here...Keyone ordered from CPW, delivery hopefully 6 May *phew*
    You will be disappointed
    04-20-17 08:00 PM
    You will be disappointed
    About the date or the phone?

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    04-21-17 07:18 PM
    About the date or the phone?