So it seems that Keyone won't be coming to Fido? At least not right away anyway. I can't find it anywhere that says shop Blackberry will sell it. So as Fido users in Canada, what are our options to acquire one of these asap?
    05-18-17 12:33 PM
    05-18-17 12:35 PM
    Oh sweet! That's awesome then, unlocked version can be purchased directly from them. I was planning on having my friend UK buy one and send me one, but I can wait a few weeks if it's going to be available here anyway.
    05-18-17 12:47 PM
    Works for me!
    05-18-17 05:24 PM
    Some rumours going around that BBmobile deleted a lot of Tweets about it being available as an unlocked version on the 31st. Who knows what's going on, I guess we will just have to wait and watch.
    05-18-17 07:28 PM
    Hopefully an unlocked version is available but if it isnt why not just buy the Rogers version at full price.
    05-18-17 07:42 PM
    Would need to be unlocked to use on Fido. It is an option, I had to do that with the Priv. But I would rather not if possible.
    05-18-17 07:53 PM
    I'm with Fido and I've got the UK version. Works like a charm on all fronts
    05-18-17 08:07 PM
    Would need to be unlocked to use on Fido. It is an option, I had to do that with the Priv. But I would rather not if possible.
    You had to unlock your Rogers Priv to use on Fido?! That's bizarre -- I'm currently using my Rogers Priv with a Fido SIM. Didn't have to unlock it.
    05-18-17 08:11 PM
    I think Fido is owned by Rodgers.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 03:39 PM
    I am only guessing, but would that not be the same thing as using a Telus locked phone on Koodo, and a Bell Locked phone on Virgin? They use the same network, and should work.
    05-19-17 03:56 PM
    In the past some phones have worked interchangeably between Rogers and Fido and some haven't. It probably will work but I would prefer the unlocked version direct from BB if possible. Is that going to happen on say shop blackberry?
    05-22-17 11:01 PM
    I think Fido is owned by Rodgers.

Posted via CB10
    That is correct. Remember, all the smaller guys are owned by the Big-3. Mafioso tactics in Canada. There is no choice.
    05-22-17 11:20 PM
    You can use your Fido SIM in a Rogers phone with no issues and vice versa. You can also use a Koodo phone on Telus without problems as well guy.

Posted via Commodore 64
    05-22-17 11:48 PM
    So it seems that Keyone won't be coming to Fido? At least not right away anyway. I can't find it anywhere that says shop Blackberry will sell it. So as Fido users in Canada, what are our options to acquire one of these asap?
    I use to work for RW and as far as I know locked RW devices are provisioned to work on the FIDO network. Essentially its the same network.
    05-23-17 12:09 PM
    Was told recently that Rogers locks their BlackBerrys and they won't work on Fido now. When I used to sell cellphones this wasn't the case.

Can anyone confirm this? If so Fido users are hooped until next month now.
    05-30-17 06:33 PM
    Was told recently that Rogers locks their BlackBerrys and they won't work on Fido now. When I used to sell cellphones this wasn't the case.

It depends on the phone, this isn't always the case.
    05-30-17 06:37 PM

Just get it and unlock it. I'm with Fido and picking it up from Rogers tomorrow morning and unlocking it asap
    05-30-17 06:42 PM
    Just get it and unlock it. I'm with Fido and picking it up from Rogers tomorrow morning and unlocking it asap
    Via a 3rd party or Rogers themselves? Have you confirmed with a store they will sell off contract?
    05-30-17 06:44 PM
    Via a 3rd party or Rogers themselves? Have you confirmed with a store they will sell off contract?
    Third party. Rogers charges up the *** to unlock it. I told the rep on the phone when he called that my reservation came in, that if I reserved it then I can buy it outright if I choose.

Taking his word for it!! I cant wait until June 30 anymore
    05-30-17 06:47 PM
    Always do it through 3rd party.
    05-30-17 07:05 PM
    I guess the whole fiasco about BB is here again..at least for us Canadians....no where that we can simply buy an unlocked one is there? And calling around Rogers store, all so far said they won't sell outright if I am not a Rogers customer already or buy a new plan. This is freaking pathetic....
    05-31-17 09:01 AM
    Guys try bell, some bell stores like the one at metrotown in Vancouver bc have sold outright in the past, it depends who you ask.

If they refuse and or you aren't in BC then try craigslist some people sell unwanted contract upgrades on craigslist for great deals
    I personally bought a second KeyOne with receipt for warranty purposes on craigslist yesterday for a great price)

once you have it just unlock it it is simple and we've done it for many CB members on Rogers and Bell that want to use different networks.

otherwise as many have said just buy direct from Blackberry or Amazon
    06-02-17 05:17 AM
    I am using my fido sim card in a key one purchased from Rogers. I did not have to unlock the device
    06-02-17 08:00 PM