I use a network Western Digital MyCloud NAS drive to store files, .doc, Excel, text, image, etc. I have installed on the Keyone the MyCloud App and it finds the drive and files, no issues. However, when I try to open a NAS file Keyone says no player app installed on the device to open or play file. It points me to Goggle Play , File Viewer for Android. Does not open files.

What do I need to open these files on the Keyone?

Comments?
    06-25-19 11:18 AM
    I use a network Western Digital MyCloud NAS drive to store files, .doc, Excel, text, image, etc. I have installed on the Keyone the MyCloud App and it finds the drive and files, no issues. However, when I try to open a NAS file Keyone says no player app installed on the device to open or play file. It points me to Goggle Play , File Viewer for Android. Does not open files.

What do I need to open these files on the Keyone?

Comments?
    I was wondering if you had other apps installed that are designed to open the file types you are accessing. For example, an Excel document would need either the Android version of Excel or Google's Sheets app.

Just starting at the bottom.

In my case, I do not use the NAS's app, but connect to its IP address using a file explorer like MiXplorer.
    06-25-19 11:39 AM
    Right - just because you have access to the files themselves doesn't mean that you still don't need an application designed to open/edit those files. You'll need something that can open .Doc/.DocX files, .xls/.xlsx files, etc. if you expect to be able to open those files on the phone. Same with .PDFs, .JPGs, etc.
    06-25-19 12:01 PM