Where can I buy an unlocked, contract free K1 for use (primarily) in southern Ontario?

Bestbuy.ca doesn't have them amd neither does Amazon.ca - Bestbuy.com seems to have them but I don't know if a phone purchased in the US will function here.

Anywhere else that I can find it???
    06-09-17 08:03 PM
    Where can I buy an unlocked, contract free K1 for use (primarily) in southern Ontario?

Bestbuy.ca doesn't have them amd neither does Amazon.ca - Bestbuy.com seems to have them but I don't know if a phone purchased in the US will function here.

Anywhere else that I can find it???
    You should be able to buy one outright from Bell, Rogers and Telus. You have have to pay a fee to unlock the phone is my understanding.
    06-09-17 08:20 PM
    Or you could just wait for the unannounced Canadian carrier exclusivity period to end, probably at the end of the month.
    06-09-17 10:00 PM
    ...Bestbuy.ca doesn't have them amd neither does Amazon.ca - Bestbuy.com seems to have them but I don't know if a phone purchased in the US will function here.
    There is only one GSM model for North America, the BBB100-1 "US-V1".

Some people have ordered from BestBuy.com and had them shipped to a US border shipping service address and then just go and pick them up.
    06-09-17 10:09 PM
    I went to Roger's (corporate) store and they declined to sell me a K1 'because we don't have enough to service our existing customers' - which I get that, that's not unreasonable. So then I went to Telus who denied any knowledge of... "a new Blackberry' - was I sure... we haven't carried anything by Blackberry in many years*" so I moved on to Bell, now they did actually have K1's in stock but again declined to sell me one citing the same reason as Rogers except then, the 'sales'man - asked me... "why do you want Blackberry anyway, it's just another Android - except for losers" - lol, seriously... guess which 'loser' won't be getting my business should his bosses ever see the light and decide to sell the phone to non-customers!

BTW... On Sunday, I was shown a K1 by a business friend who has been sent the phone FOR FREE by Telus to encourage him to buy them for his staff, smart move for a company who haven't carried Blackberry in years!
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-12-17 09:15 PM
    ..... so I moved on to Bell, now they did actually have K1's in stock but again declined to sell me one citing the same reason as Rogers except then, the 'sales'man - asked me... "why do you want Blackberry anyway, it's just another Android - except for losers" - lol, seriously... guess which 'loser' won't be getting my business should his bosses ever see the light and decide to sell the phone to non-customers!....
    Which Bell store was this? Thanks.
    06-12-17 10:06 PM
    I had no trouble purchasing one on May 31st from Bell. I did have to call a few stores to find one in stock but I just took out my credit card and they swiped it and gave me the phone after I said I already have a sim card. They even offered to do a content transfer for me but I prefer doing my own. Just call around.
    vision1961 likes this.
    06-12-17 11:14 PM
    Similar experience here with Bell. Absolutely no issues selling an off contract device. You can also buy from Telus now without a contract.
    vision1961 likes this.
    06-13-17 05:52 AM
    It was in the Masonville Mall, London, ON.
    06-15-17 07:50 AM