The one burning question I have is: will there be a direct unlocked buying channel, a la ShopBB / Digital River?

I know some people have speculated that the CrackBerry Shop or Amazon might fulfill that role, but there's also talk about them being carrier exclusive in North America. It'd be nice to have a bit of confirmation around that before the May 18th pre-order dates.

I don't want to rely on carriers for the updates (my Rogers Priv is on the Feb. 5th patch) or have to pay them to MEP unlock my device.
    04-30-17 02:13 AM
    My best guess is that they will be available via Digital River at first with a follow-up through Amazon a few weeks later and then carrier availability later this summer one by one (whomever decides to carry it).

That's how it's been, so I have no reason to think otherwise.
    04-30-17 04:51 AM
    My best guess is that they will be available via Digital River at first with a follow-up through Amazon a few weeks later and then carrier availability later this summer one by one (whomever decides to carry it).

Except that the KEYone is being sold by TCL, not BlackBerry, and TCL and been selling Alcatel phones for years.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-30-17 01:01 PM
    My contact in BBMOBILE has only told me that there will be another source to buy direct from but he isn't allowed to say who.... yet!

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    jamesharmeling and Empyrean like this.
    04-30-17 01:05 PM
    My contact in BBMOBILE has only told me that there will be another source to buy direct from but he isn't allowed to say who.... yet!

Fingers cross. Hope this happens
    04-30-17 01:20 PM

If this pans out, I'll be one happy Canuck.
    04-30-17 10:43 PM

In Canada available preorder may18 with delivery may 31 . No word on unlocked availability yet
    04-30-17 10:57 PM
    How cool would it be if they were sold unlocked in North America by shop crackberry
    04-30-17 11:07 PM
    How cool would it be if they were sold unlocked in North America by shop crackberry
    Excellent for us here in Australia, cos TCL hasn't said a word about BlackBerry mobile, let alone the KEYᵒⁿᵉ .

So, as the asia pacific model is the same as Nth America, it means we can buy when we want to, and from either shop cb CA or US, depending on which is the cheapest after conversion. (Prob CA, cos we're essentially parity)
    05-01-17 12:23 AM
    If ShopCrackberry is USA based I'm pretty passed. Canadian tariffs are garbage and this phone is already priced pretty high.
    05-01-17 01:14 AM
    If ShopCrackberry is USA based I'm pretty passed. Canadian tariffs are garbage and this phone is already priced pretty high.
    I've purchased from their site before and they charge you the appropriate Canadian taxes for your province, so wherever it ships from, the taxes are already paid.
    05-01-17 01:49 AM

Fingers crossed, would love to get a device straight from BlackBerry Mobile, perhaps that is the best guarantee in terms of software updates? And maybe even warranty, although I do think that certain big shops are very good for after-sales.
    05-01-17 02:12 AM
    Shop Crackberry, shopblackberry or bbmobile, I think anyone of these direct buy

05-02-17 07:10 PM