It's all what you have got use to. It's definitely not flagship guts but in a different phone it's fine for me. Maybe the BlackBerry stuff slows it down enough more or uses up more RAM than mine does? But either way you aren't going to get flagship performance.
    06-17-17 10:36 AM
    I don't think it's memory at all. The Dtek60 has a snap dragon 820 vs the 625 in the k1 and you are surprised the phone with the faster cpu is well faster like really.........
    I'm not surprised.
    06-17-17 11:35 AM
    OP, I fully understand that after long absence of KB in your life, K1 is out of your comfort zone... " Successful people are sticklers for routines, but why is that? In this article, we are going to talk about why having a daily routine is important to your overall well-being.

Provides structure

Colin Powell once gave a powerful TED Talk on the importance of instilling structure in children. It is the same with adults. Routine provides a sense of structure and familiarity. Structure is a way of organizing your life so that it makes sense to you. You wake up with a sense of ownership, order, and organization of your life.

One of the more convenient reasons why structure is important is because it negates the need to regularly schedule your days ahead of time. You already know what you are doing each and every day. Once you are finished with a task, you already know what is next on your schedule. This structure provides direction in your life, enabling you to act instead of standing still because of a lack of direction or decision paralysis (not doing anything because you don’t know what to do)." --- I am sure you are aware of your established habit that appear to be hard to change now. All the best Prof.
    Lol. Colin Powell also gave a powerful speech at the UN once. We all know where that led.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 11:38 AM
    It's all what you have got use to. It's definitely not flagship guts but in a different phone it's fine for me. Maybe the BlackBerry stuff slows it down enough more or uses up more RAM than mine does? But either way you aren't going to get flagship performance.
    Disagree if you're saying that it's the BlackBerry software. DTEK60 runs all the BlackBerry stuff at a very high level. No problem. Flagship product. Therefore it's the specific phone and its drawbacks.
    06-17-17 11:40 AM
    Disagree if you're saying that it's the BlackBerry software. DTEK60 runs all the BlackBerry stuff at a very high level. No problem. Flagship product. Therefore it's the specific phone and its drawbacks.
    The keyone has lesser internals and less RAM than your DTEK60 does it not?
    06-17-17 11:42 AM
    The keyone has lesser internals and less RAM than your DTEK60 does it not?
    Yes. I agree, if you're saying that it's explainable by the lame hardware. OK. .
    06-17-17 11:44 AM
    Yes. I agree, if you're saying that it's explainable by the lame hardware. OK. .
    Yes. Not sure I'd call it lame but certainly not flagship.
    06-17-17 11:46 AM
    Yes. Not sure I'd call it lame but certainly not flagship.
    why not...it is priced as one....Lol
    06-17-17 11:48 AM
    That's another story lol
    06-17-17 11:51 AM
    I don't doubt your experience and opinion, but I've had none of those issues. The KeyONE has been tremendous for me!! Just want to state this as some people in some threads make their personal dilemma appear universal, when they are not. Good luck, hope you find better success.

I think some people, not all cases, who experience personal gripes, should give it time. I remember the subsequent software updates on the Priv fixed issues for some customers experiencing problems.
    Last edited by DolemiteDONS; 06-17-17 at 12:12 PM.
    06-17-17 12:01 PM
    I don't doubt your experience and opinion, but I've had none of those issues. The KeyONE has been tremendous for me!! Just want to state this as some people in some threads make their personal dilemma appear universal, when they are not. Good luck, hope you find better success.

I think some people, not all cases, who experience personal gripes, should give it time. I remember the subsequent software updates on the Priv fixed issues for some customers experiencing problems.
    Yes obviously this is my experience alone. I did not test dozens of KeyOnes. That said I truly doubt that this specifically relates only to my KeyOne. Logic tells me that my device was not uniquely defective, given the dozens of others who have posted many of the exact same observations.

I did also compare directly with another Android BlackBerry device and that is a very relevant comparison.
    06-17-17 12:40 PM
    Funny, I feel KEYone is too bright and and I always put the brightness to lowest except when scanning barcode in the shops.

I have same experience with you !
    The screen is absolutely bright and crisp!
    I have set my brightness to approximately 30% and is good enough even under direct sunlight when in my PRIV was difficult to see anything even on the 100% !!
    06-17-17 01:19 PM
    Yes obviously this is my experience alone. I did not test dozens of KeyOnes. That said I truly doubt that this specifically relates only to my KeyOne. Logic tells me that my device was not uniquely defective, given the dozens of others who have posted many of the exact same observations.

I did also compare directly with another Android BlackBerry device and that is a very relevant comparison.
    Yes, unlike others making sweeping claims, you've made it clear this is your personal experience. I was referring to some implying it's some kind of pandemic. Again, I don't doubt your issues, but I'd still say dozens of similar claims is VERY miniscule in a huge global forum like this. Especially considering some of these threads/complaints are from repetitive posters. Even though the KeyONE has been wonderful for me and others here, most people with a flawless experience do not join a forum to say, "all is well". But I hope your experience improves, or find a future PKB (hopefully) phone to your liking.
    06-17-17 01:37 PM
    Been reading some say it's an iPhone like issue where you touch the metal. Try a case if you aren't using one or using speaker phone with it laying on a table. Just to test that theory.
    Nope:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12928066
    06-17-17 02:06 PM
    Theory it is
    06-17-17 02:12 PM
    Been reading some say it's an iPhone like issue where you touch the metal. Try a case if you aren't using one or using speaker phone with it laying on a table. Just to test that theory.
    Touching metal might ALSO be an issue.
    I just wanted to say, I did exactly what you said, had the phone on the table in front of me, and the calls dropped.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-17 02:19 PM
    Touching metal might ALSO be an issue.
    I just wanted to say, I did exactly what you said, had the phone on the table in front of me, and the calls dropped.
    Theory busted
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    06-17-17 02:20 PM
    but, but , but, who said to put a case on it and he did guaranteed the problem would go away
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-17 02:28 PM
    but, but , but, who said to put a case on it and he did guaranteed the problem would go away
    I'm not searching lol
    06-17-17 02:37 PM
    With all the back and forth comments posted here and in other CB forums, the K1 sure comes across as being a device with inconsistent quality.

Posted via Blackberry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    kbz1960 and hjc73734 like this.
    06-17-17 03:13 PM
    With all the back and forth comments posted here and in other CB forums, the K1 sure comes across as being a device with inconsistent quality.

Posted via Blackberry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    It is so dependent on your previous device. If you come from a Priv, the odds are this would be a huge improvement. That's because the Priv is generally super problematic and has an awful pkb. If you come from another device that is otherwise superior save no pkb, like I did, then it's a much tougher issue.
    06-17-17 05:11 PM
    I had keyone for 2 weeks and went back to my dtek60 for couple reasons...
    1) vkb seems to be faster than pkb. although the pkb might have better accuracy
    2) screen size when it comes to watching multimedia... the keyone is not as great as dtek60
    3) in my opinion, camera offers sharper image

as far as processing speed, I'm surprised that with lower processor and less ram, keyone seems to be able to handle as good as dtek60. in fact for some apps... keyone is snappier.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-17-17 05:40 PM
    oh another thing.... not sure if the difference are caused by nougat vs. marsh. .... wish we have nougat on dtek60 so we can compare it better
    06-17-17 05:44 PM
    nothing to do with flag or not, all in the willingness to pay value. based on how fast it was sold out, it was priced correctly... (a bit too low, since the supply was limited and planty went to eBay with 800 per unit... noted, no kidney... so it is inferior from body parts point of view).
    06-17-17 06:35 PM
    Theory it is
    you mean hypothesis?
    06-17-17 06:40 PM
83 1234