Super disappointed. And sad actually. I'm a 100% BlackBerry fanatic and have been a devotee since the first rectangular email only device. This is not a biased or anti-Blackberry bias. The opposite.

After being super frustrated about the vkb but otherwise happy with the Dtek60... just got the Keyone. It's a no go, guys. The pkb is damn good actually. Problems that for me are deal breakers are two: 1) everything is slightly blurry. It is nowhere near as crisp as the Dtek60 and by now I'm used to it. This is true for every use and everything I do on the device; and 2) the brightness is lacking, pretty significantly. It's just nowhere near the overall experience that by now is standard.

Cannot believe I am doing it but it is going back tomorrow. Unless they come back with a far higher level phone that translates into a high level user experience on the most basic parts of the experience, the days of pkb are over for me. And no one could be more shocked than me.
    Xeak likes this.
    06-15-17 07:56 PM
    You know your needs best.
    JeBe4 likes this.
    06-15-17 08:01 PM
    There KeyOne tests as brighter with 665 nits vs. Dtek60's 500 nits, not sure how they compare in real life though as I don't have a dtek.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-15-17 08:36 PM
    You're returning the phone because of those 2 points you brought up?

I don't know what you mean about everything being blurry but ok lol
    curtxxx and anon(9175377) like this.
    06-15-17 08:37 PM
    I had a Dtek 60 before the KEYone and I don't feel the same way as the OP. I was expecting an ok screen but I was pleasantly surprised with the KEYone. It is crisp and bright enough for my eyes. There is no way I would give up the KEYone and it's amazing keyboard and battery life! Love this phone!
    vpblaze and DolemiteDONS like this.
    06-15-17 09:01 PM
    I had a Dtek 60 before the KEYone and I don't feel the same way as the OP. I was expecting an ok screen but I was pleasantly surprised with the KEYone. It is crisp and bright enough for my eyes. There is no way I would give up the KEYone and it's amazing keyboard and battery life! Love this phone!
    Agree. Overall quality, build, screen, keyboard, have all been excellent as far as I'm concerned. The battery life and keyboard alone will never see me leave.
    anon(3750701) likes this.
    06-15-17 09:12 PM
    OP, I fully understand that after long absence of KB in your life, K1 is out of your comfort zone... " Successful people are sticklers for routines, but why is that? In this article, we are going to talk about why having a daily routine is important to your overall well-being.

Provides structure

Colin Powell once gave a powerful TED Talk on the importance of instilling structure in children. It is the same with adults. Routine provides a sense of structure and familiarity. Structure is a way of organizing your life so that it makes sense to you. You wake up with a sense of ownership, order, and organization of your life.

One of the more convenient reasons why structure is important is because it negates the need to regularly schedule your days ahead of time. You already know what you are doing each and every day. Once you are finished with a task, you already know what is next on your schedule. This structure provides direction in your life, enabling you to act instead of standing still because of a lack of direction or decision paralysis (not doing anything because you don’t know what to do)." --- I am sure you are aware of your established habit that appear to be hard to change now. All the best Prof.
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-15-17 09:16 PM
    Funny, I feel KEYone is too bright and and I always put the brightness to lowest except when scanning barcode in the shops.
    06-15-17 09:19 PM
    Agree. Overall quality, build, screen, keyboard, have all been excellent as far as I'm concerned. The battery life and keyboard alone will never see me leave.
    Yes the build feels high quality. True. The problem is that the everyday stuff is not high quality. The very slight degradation of spatial resolution is - for me - very noticeable and ultimately disturbing. And the lack of sharpness might be tied to the decrease in brightness. Btw I had the brightness up full blast. 100 percent.
    06-15-17 09:21 PM
    Blurry? Did you leave the plastic on it or something? Either that or you have a defective screen. As for brightness, try turning off adaptive brightness. Mine is vast brighter then my Priv ever was.
    curtxxx and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    06-15-17 09:33 PM
    That is interesting lol I disable adaptive and have my brightness set to ZERO! 24/7 I can see my screen just fine - when it's too bright it hurts my eyes - and color temp at warm - I hardly ever move my brightness bar
    06-15-17 09:36 PM
    Super disappointed. And sad actually. I'm a 100% BlackBerry fanatic and have been a devotee since the first rectangular email only device. This is not a biased or anti-Blackberry bias. The opposite.

After being super frustrated about the vkb but otherwise happy with the Dtek60... just got the Keyone. It's a no go, guys. The pkb is damn good actually. Problems that for me are deal breakers are two: 1) everything is slightly blurry. It is nowhere near as crisp as the Dtek60 and by now I'm used to it. This is true for every use and everything I do on the device; and 2) the brightness is lacking, pretty significantly. It's just nowhere near the overall experience that by now is standard.

Cannot believe I am doing it but it is going back tomorrow. Unless they come back with a far higher level phone that translates into a high level user experience on the most basic parts of the experience, the days of pkb are over for me. And no one could be more shocked than me.
    My KEYOne is dim only when I have adaptive brightness on, if I turn it off the screen is super bright. I don't have any blurry screens.
    06-15-17 09:44 PM
    My KEYOne is dim only when I have adaptive brightness on, if I turn it off the screen is super bright. I don't have any blurry screens.
    Interesting. I will check that out tomorrow. But I do have the same adaptive brightness control on with the Dtek60.
    06-15-17 10:02 PM
    I hope that you didn't grade any papers while under spatial resolution issues!!
    stlabrat and curtxxx like this.
    06-15-17 10:13 PM
    I don't notice any blurriness or dimness on mine either. Is there a way you can see a demo unit nearby? yours may be defective.
    06-15-17 10:13 PM
    I'm not the OP, but doing the same here.

I've been buying BlackBerry for a long time. I've bought more than 20 cell phones in the last 20 years and never returned a single one, but this phone has to go.

Screen is terrible. Way too dim and blurry. (I'm coming from, and going back to, a Priv FWIW). Resolution much more disappointing than I expected.

Keys are ok, but nowhere near the great BB pkbs. Space bar feels a bit weird, too.

And not sure what everyone is raving about re: build quality. Feels very cheap to me.

And sides are not grippy at all. Can't imagine how anyone would have one of these without a case. I would be afraid of dropping it every time I picked it up.

I don't care about HD calling or even VVM (people still leave VMs?), but this thing is terrible at the one thing a phone is really for...making and receiving phone calls. Almost no reception whatsoever.

I'm not hating on anyone who likes theirs, and not trying to change anyone's opinion; just wanted to provide some balance for all of the glowing reviews I have seen.

I sincerely hope it works out for everyone who has/wants one.
    06-15-17 10:34 PM
    With the various issues being reported by other KEYone owners, I wonder if you may have a defective unit. I have my brightness turned down to the lowest setting (unlike on my Priv) and have been pleasantly surprised how bright it is in both indoor and daylight settings.

I also think there is a setting to change the dpi, which may help the blurriness. I don't experience blurriness on my unit, but respect the fact that you may notice it.

Final thought: there are also reports of others with red lines and other screen issues - maybe this specific device has a defect? Regardless, I hope you find a device (BB or not) that suits your needs.
    06-15-17 10:39 PM
    My first one was dim as were the test units I saw. Replacement is much brighter. Try a replacement.
    06-16-17 12:36 AM
    adaptive brightness - standard Android feature. yeah. I have that on my pixel and it's really dim inside. works great in sunlight though. so I toggle it on and off as is needed. perhaps someone can say if they have turned that off, manually set the brightness and then still found the screen too dim?
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:52 AM
    adaptive brightness - standard Android feature. yeah. I have that on my pixel and it's really dim inside. works great in sunlight though. so I toggle it on and off as is needed. perhaps someone can say if they have turned that off, manually set the brightness and then still found the screen too dim?
    OK I turned off the adaptive brightness. And yes, with the brightness now at full blast, the screen is fine in terms of brightness. Thanks for the suggestion to those who posted it.

Now, with the brighter appearance, I need to figure out if the screen is blurry or not.
    06-16-17 09:19 AM
    OK I turned off the adaptive brightness. And yes, with the brightness now at full blast, the screen is fine in terms of brightness. Thanks for the suggestion to those who posted it.

Now, with the brighter appearance, I need to figure out if the screen is blurry or not.
    It's essentially the same screen technology and DPI as the Passport.

I also have a DTEK60, and have no complaints about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen.
    06-16-17 09:29 AM

If you need to "figure it out" then its likely not blurry. If it was, there wouldn't be much to figure out in my opinion.
    curtxxx and falbo like this.
    06-16-17 09:32 AM
    Coming from the V20 and Pixel XL my eyes don't perceive any material difference.
    06-16-17 09:40 AM
    Does Droid display setting has sharpness? Did you watch TV or YouTube with different picture ratio?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 09:44 AM

Keyone is brighter than Dtek and Priv in real world! I don't know why you are disappointed on brightness.

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-16-17 09:47 AM
83 123 ...