Really need a limit of one page per thread... as most of these devolve into a personal preference VKB vs PKB, BB10 vs Android, BlackBerry Security vs not.....

Anyway... TCL's plans for BlackBerry are looking good (much better than what they have done with Palm).
    Well, that's the thing. Personal preference. Some of these people haven't heard of it before. Neither I, nor the other guy here on the pkb side has claimed it's better for everyone. We are both simply claiming it's different preference while we have these vkb guys trying to lie, I mean claim (oops, typo due to the inaccuracies of my pkb...), that you make no mistakes using a vkb and that it is superior in every way regardless of your preference, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and tp2386 like this.
    01-04-17 09:38 AM
    So...
    Instead of press and hold, lets say, H and automatically call "Hector", you have to:
    Press phone app
    Press and hold number

Doesn’t look like a shortcut to me

Posted via CB10
    And actually you missed a step, press phone app, switch to dial pad (I think it defaults to the call log), THEN press and hold a number. And so it's limited to 9 or maybe 10 speed dials, lol. Yes, it's kind of hilarious they are claiming they are the same...

01-04-17 09:40 AM
    Like a previous render leak, this reminds me of a pint of guinness, but now with a classy hip-flask texture on the back.

You sound like a Verizon marketing rep... and this scares me, lol. If you have a unique design, you don't need branding on the front, people will know what kind of phone it is just by looking at it. It's the reason why people see a slab phone and think it's an iPhone or if they see a physical keyboard they think it's a BlackBerry.

Front Facing Branding = Unnecessary... unless your design isn't unique.

http://i.imgur.com/DkVTWWy.jpg
    And leading on with the guinness link... that's another product that needs no branding because in any glass you can immediately identify it. You don't need a bottle/ can/ fancy vase to tell everyone you're drinking premium Siberian Moist Oat lager or whatever as every other brand of beer does. The keyboard (supported by the business blackness) tells you straight away its BB.

(Incidentally Guinness found from polls that more people were claiming to drink the product than actually doing so, suggesting that it's image was better than it's taste (to the masses). The results was Caffrey's, and that's another story)
    01-04-17 10:07 AM
    Lol have you even tried the BlackBerry keyboard in the Google Play store? It auto corrects you if you misspell so yeah it's 100% accurate.
    Like always autocorrecting me to the wrong words? Sure.
    Barbareren and kitmo like this.
    01-04-17 10:13 AM
    Like always autocorrecting me to the wrong words? Sure.
    If only you could turn off autocorrect
    kitmo likes this.
    01-04-17 10:53 AM
    If only you could turn off autocorrect
    You could with a physical. Virtual is inherently inaccurate (unless the screen is way too big) so you sort of need it on.
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-04-17 10:55 AM
    So...
    Instead of press and hold, lets say, H and automatically call "Hector", you have to:
    Press phone app
    Press and hold number

Posted via CB10
    Who uses shortcuts and speed dialing in 2017 or since 2009? Do you still wear a phone holster too, grandpa?
    01-04-17 10:55 AM
    You could with a physical. Virtual is inherently inaccurate (unless the screen is way too big) so you sort of need it on.
    Yeah I was being sarcastic. Anybody complaining about autocorrect can just turn it off or download a different keyboard that will learn their style and be more accurate in it's predictions.
    01-04-17 10:56 AM
    So...
    Press phone app
    Press and hold number

Posted via CB10
    How about.... I don't have to even touch my phone to call "Hector".
    01-04-17 11:11 AM
    Not sure if it's the camera angle or something, but I really liked the look of the device in the hands-on videos by MrMobile and Pocketnow.
    Can't wait to get more info on it... although I can already see myself buying one.
    01-04-17 11:38 AM
    Yeah I was being sarcastic. Anybody complaining about autocorrect can just turn it off or download a different keyboard that will learn their style and be more accurate in it's predictions.
    "More" accurate than the alternatives, but he was replying to someone claiming that it's "100%" accurate with autocorrect.

01-04-17 11:41 AM
    How about.... I don't have to even touch my phone to call "Hector".
    What, you talking about screaming out a voice command to announce to the world who you're calling or something else?

01-04-17 11:42 AM
    Who uses shortcuts and speed dialing in 2017 or since 2009? Do you still wear a phone holster too, grandpa?
    - They just laid the proof to you that speed dial is faster on pkb, and this is what you come up with?!! That no one's been using it? lol. The good old "I'm in with the newest trendy s**t out there therefore I'm superior" argument

- So the idea is you get to type wrong (or right!!), then some autocorrect decides what you were trying to type, changes it forcefully, then if you care at all about what you want to type you are gracefully given the opportunity to look at the autocorrect outcome to check for accuracy. Very efficient indeed. Would love to put autocorrect on my car's steering system.

- The real beauty of vkb with autocorrect shines in below situations:
    - Accronyms
    - Foreign names
    - Foreign language transliteration (that's just golden)
    - Plain foreign language autocorrect quality
    - Switching numbers and letters
    01-04-17 01:03 PM
    Because:
    1) there is no apps to measure this on Bbry I would say.
    2) ammm - any pkb android/ios????

Posted via CB10
    We're talking about verifiable independent testing. No app-based measurements.

Personal preferences aside, virtual keyboards are faster in competition (yes, pkb competitors try).
    01-04-17 02:30 PM
    Wow, then all of my friends must be using some other method to type then... Because I'm definitely the most accurate person in all of my conversations, BY FAR. No autocorrect fails, barely any typos. I guess they are ALL "using it wrong" huh? Interesting...

Probably your friends (and not being snarky either). Definitely a generational thing, IMHO. Touchscreen devices sorta expanded the use of abbreviations and emoji.

A lot of folks I know will tell you it's okay to make errors in texts. "They're informal!"

I'm old school. I mostly avoid abbreviations (IMHO notwithstanding) and I do try to be accurate in messages.

But I'd suggest it's more about the friends than the type of keyboard. They could be fast and accurate if they wanted to, and probably are when the situation truly demands it.
    01-04-17 02:43 PM
    - They just laid the proof to you that speed dial is faster on pkb, and this is what you come up with?!! That no one's been using it? lol. The good old "I'm in with the newest trendy s**t out there therefore I'm superior" argument

- So the idea is you get to type wrong (or right!!), then some autocorrect decides what you were trying to type, changes it forcefully, then if you care at all about what you want to type you are gracefully given the opportunity to look at the autocorrect outcome to check for accuracy. Very efficient indeed. Would love to put autocorrect on my car's steering system.

- The real beauty of vkb with autocorrect shines in below situations:
    - Accronyms
    - Foreign names
    - Foreign language transliteration (that's just golden)
    - Plain foreign language autocorrect quality
    - Switching numbers and letters
    Yep, typical sad people who gets self-validation by knowing they belong to the majority... I think I kind of remember back when petty things like being with the "cool" crowd meant something to me. Now I just use what works best for me regardless of popularity. Sometimes I'm in line with the trend, sometimes I'm not. Couldn't care less one way or another. I laugh everytime someone tries to counter a statement of mine with some lame self-esteem boosting statistic on how their opinion lines up better with the majority. LMAO, like, yah? Congrats I guess? :-D

01-04-17 02:52 PM
    Probably your friends (and not being snarky either). Definitely a generational thing, IMHO. Touchscreen devices sorta expanded the use of abbreviations and emoji.

A lot of folks I know will tell you it's okay to make errors in texts. "They're informal!"

I'm old school. I mostly avoid abbreviations (IMHO notwithstanding) and I do try to be accurate in messages.

But I'd suggest it's more about the friends than the type of keyboard. They could be fast and accurate if they wanted to, and probably are when the situation truly demands it.
    Dude, my friends and I are well over our 30's (I'll refrain from revealing my age, lol). We do not "txt spk" or however you do it. They try to be accurate, but end up with tons of autocorrect fails... However I'm not complaining because they are sometimes hilarious. :-D

But I'm too much of a perfectionist, so no way I'll ever settle for that...

01-04-17 02:55 PM
    Yep, typical sad people who gets self-validation by knowing they belong to the majority...
    We're social animals, some level of validation is important. Problem is when people feel like they can look down upon you and your choices when you have decided to stick with your principles (like efficiency!!) as opposed to going with the herd mentality.

Btw, I almost want to copy and re-post 9 out of 10 of your posts in these forums, great arguing man
    01-04-17 03:46 PM
    We're social animals, some level of validation is important. Problem is when people feel like they can look down upon you and your choices when you have decided to stick with your principles (like efficiency!!) as opposed to going with the herd mentality.

Btw, I almost want to copy and re-post 9 out of 10 of your posts in these forums, great arguing man
    I know we are social, but it's gone to levels never seen before. I'm not anti-social, I simply only care about the opinions of those who matter to me. Not just the random masses/herd.

I watched a pretty long lecture from a psychologist who detailed what is going on in today's society and basically, it boils down to low self-esteem... I'm sure there are other opinions out there, but it definitely makes sense to me.

01-04-17 06:58 PM
    I think I know who you are. anyhow - as you are such BBRY hater - why you are here?
    01-05-17 03:13 AM
    I know we are social, but it's gone to levels never seen before. I'm not anti-social, I simply only care about the opinions of those who matter to me. Not just the random masses/herd.

I watched a pretty long lecture from a psychologist who detailed what is going on in today's society and basically, it boils down to low self-esteem... I'm sure there are other opinions out there, but it definitely makes sense to me.

If you are so well adjusted... why the repeated attempts to get your own viewpoint across? Or trying to invalidate the move away from PKB phones as some negative "mass herd" effect?

People are different and use their smartphone differently.... In general I think screen size has trumped the capabilities of a physical keyboard. It's not about can you call someone (few today do that very often) in one step vs three steps. It's about seeing more.

I'm glad those of you that want a PKB are getting one more shot with the Mercury, and I hope sale are enough to justify the form factor remaining a current one. Who knows if it available via carriers and priced right, some of the newer generation that has never used a PKB phone might find it a better form factor for their needs...
    01-05-17 10:10 AM
    If you are so well adjusted... why the repeated attempts to get your own viewpoint across? Or trying to invalidate the move away from PKB phones as some negative "mass herd" effect?

People are different and use their smartphone differently.... In general I think screen size has trumped the capabilities of a physical keyboard. It's not about can you call someone (few today do that very often) in one step vs three steps. It's about seeing more.

I'm glad those of you that want a PKB are getting one more shot with the Mercury, and I hope sale are enough to justify the form factor remaining a current one. Who knows if it available via carriers and priced right, some of the newer generation that has never used a PKB phone might find it a better form factor for their needs...
    Lol, nice try at strawperson. I never have an issue with anyone who simply prefers an all-touch. My wife is one of them. The only time I reply with something related to that is when people make these sly comments about how they are more enlightened for moving on or how only odd people (they may politely say adjectives like "hard core" people or some other way to differentiate us from "normal" people), or people "unable to adjust to change" still want a pkb.

But hey, if you really need to make it seem like I'm on the offensive against anyone and everyone who prefers an all-touch just to have a leg to stand on, don't let me rain on your parade... Knock yourself out, smart people will see right through your sad attempt at strawman, and even if they don't I couldn't care less... :-)

01-05-17 05:26 PM
    Lol, nice try at strawperson. I never have an issue with anyone who simply prefers an all-touch. My wife is one of them.
    LOL... ;-)
    you lucky sod ;-)

Posted via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    01-06-17 07:18 AM
73 123