I went from an Iphone 7 to a Galaxy S8, then the Keyone came out and I was fortunate to pick one up off Amazon. I did like the Galaxy S8 but I had one major issue. My main concern was battery life. I am on my cell phone from 9am to 7pm taking phone calls, responding to emails and trying to keep my life organized. The Galaxy S8 would be dead shortly after lunch.

Then I got the Keyone. First and foremost, the battery is amazing! I am usually at 50% on average when I get home from a busy day. I am much more confident knowing I can get **** done. I am no longer tethered to my car, computer or having to carry a charger with me.

Now after having it for a month (roughly) I have never reached for the Galaxy S8 sitting on my desk as a spare. I have no desire to use it unless I break my keyone and need a backup while my new keyone is being delivered.

Things I like about it:

Blackberry Hub
    Keyboard and the shortcuts used to open apps
    Quick Fingerprint reader
    Build Quality
    How it feels in my hand

Things I don't like about it: (These are all complaints a teen would make I am guessing)

Snapchat sucks with the front camera in poor lighting

All in all I know this isn't a top of the line smartphone but it suits me perfectly. I am a small business owner who needs to keep up to date with all of my communications. Combined with great battery life this phone is worth every penny. Most people only complain when something is wrong about a phone but I wanted to give a positive story for the Keyone.
    06-28-17 04:42 PM
    Thanks for your review. It's nice to hear feedback from someone that has experience with other devices besides BlackBerry. I've been using Berrys since '06, so the only experience I have outside of that is with my children's Windows and Android devices. Of course, now that I have a Priv, DTEK50 and KeyOne, my Android experience has grown. Never have used an iPhone, though.

I have two coworkers that recently acquired the S8+ and admittedly, they are beautiful devices. But I gotta have my keyboard. So glad that BlackBerry still exists in some form.

But yes, you are right: the battery life on this thing is phenomenal. I managed nearly 12 hours SOT just the other day. It just blows my mind. So, I'm okay with my mid-range device--and this is coming from someone who typically buys flagship. I've said it once and I'll say it again: this device feels flagship. I don't care what the specs say.
    Last edited by NightFire; 06-30-17 at 02:56 AM.
    ce71 likes this.
    06-29-17 11:49 PM
    I think it's an amazing feat already for someone to have a completely bug-free K1...
    06-30-17 12:15 AM
    Yes this maybe the first BB device that keeps me from going back to my pixel or iPhone 7... it's Very close atleast

Any old school blackberry power users know some of the critical functionality in missing...

Thinks like highlighting with keyboard shift+trackpad very temperamental... or hitting "return/enter" key to send a damn message doesn't work in quick reply... or classic bb shortcuts like T or B in browser usage doesn't go to top or bottom... I could go on but overall SOLID and that's a very solid BB... love it!!!
    06-30-17 12:24 AM
    Oh and can I get a hell YES that the notification light is on this device!!! I want berrybuzz and berryweather or quicklaunch and BB's back in business...

Keyboard trackpad should be able to scroll with in text like the old days as well... trying to use androids stupid blue thing isn't feasible nor is iPhone magnifying glass... bb got it right with trackpad scrolling android just needs to support it within platform
    06-30-17 12:28 AM
    Yes this maybe the first BB device that keeps me from going back to my pixel or iPhone 7... it's Very close atleast

Any old school blackberry power users know some of the critical functionality in missing...

Thinks like highlighting with keyboard shift+trackpad very temperamental... or hitting "return/enter" key to send a damn message doesn't work in quick reply... or classic bb shortcuts like T or B in browser usage doesn't go to top or bottom... I could go on but overall SOLID and that's a very solid BB... love it!!!
    Keyboard Browser is a decent representation of the BB10 browser and is loaded with a slew of shortcuts. The developer is active on CrackBerry and listens to feedback from his users. You should check it out.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 02:59 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well said OP.. many in your camp here....

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 07:25 AM
    Agreed!
    06-30-17 08:34 AM
    I think it's an amazing feat already for someone to have a completely bug-free K1...
    I have one and so do lots of other's
    06-30-17 08:36 AM
    Bug-free K1 here. This machine is A1. I have several friends who have the same experience and know no-one with the bug/screen issues.
    06-30-17 09:27 AM
    I second that OP
    06-30-17 11:05 AM