So I have a BlackBerry KeyOne that I love so much purely for the awesome physical keyboard and battery life. Long story short, last week, I stopped receiving any SMS, I did 3 factory resets but no luck so I blamed it on the phone and went ahead and bought an HTC U11 only to discover I'm still not receiving SMS as it was a carrier issue and now they fixed it.

Currently I am using the U11 and I love the speed where there is no lag compared to the KeyOne, the battery life is no where near as good as the KeyOne and then again the keyboard, I am not a good typer on virtual keyboards.

Part of me wants to go back to the KeyOne and sell the U11 but then I think I would miss the lag free experience of the U11, the awesome screen, and the stock Android feeling that the U11 offers.

Also this BlackBerry contacts app is really buggy and keeps creating duplicates so every other day I have to run its duplicate names checker and merge them.

What's also very important to me is the camera, while I have both phones in my hand, I've reset the KeyOne to factory settings and haven't set it up again so I can't really take side by side photos to compare. How would you guys compare the cameras of the U11 vs the KeyOne? The KeyOne has 60FPS Video recording which I know may come to the U11 soon in a software update but I don't know. I'm really confused at this point.
    07-26-17 04:03 PM
    Camera wise, the HTC U11 buries pretty much everything out at the moment, that is literally the best Camera on a mobile at the moment.

Why don't you keep both phones and just go between them when you get tired of the other?

Alternatively, install BB Hub and Keyboard on the U11, and see if you'd be happy with it, then go from there.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    07-26-17 04:08 PM
    Camera wise, the HTC U11 buries pretty much everything out at the moment, that is literally the best Camera on a mobile at the moment.

Why don't you keep both phones and just go between them when you get tired of the other?

Alternatively, install BB Hub and Keyboard on the U11, and see if you'd be happy with it, then go from there.
    Right, well the camera is very important to me as I don't have any other camera other than my phone. About the hub, I'm not worried about that I don't like it, I actually disable it when I use my KeyOne as I prefer to see all the notification in each app individually.
    07-26-17 04:15 PM
    There are ways to work around battery (software, usage, battery banks), but working around camera and hardware is more of a challenge. Since you have both phones in your hands, you can try snapping photos and videos with both to evaluate them in the same conditions, but were I in your position I'd sell the KEYone and keep the U11.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    07-26-17 04:19 PM
    There are ways to work around battery (software, usage, battery banks), but working around camera and hardware is more of a challenge. Since you have both phones in your hands, you can try snapping photos and videos with both to evaluate them in the same conditions, but were I in your position I'd sell the KEYone and keep the U11.
    Right. Just wanted a confirmation I guess as this U11 is awesome to be honest, feels like stock Android, no double apps of anything, and the speed is insane like 0 lag.

I'm no fanboy to any brand and I think the KeuOne is an awesome phone. If I hadn't bought the U11 I probably would have never though of switching but since this incident forcing me to get another phone, I'm finding it hard to part with this great phone to be honest (the U11 I mean)
    07-26-17 04:25 PM
    Personal preference, so it's up to you. I use a dslr for the important stuff, so I'm just happy the camera isn't a piece of crap like to the older BlackBerry devices I've had, lol. For me, the battery life is more important than anything else, since no matter how fast or lag free a phone is, if the battery is dead, it's slow, lol. :-D and I hate typing on a virtual keyboard, and having the pkb shortcuts I cannot go back to having a messy screen full of icons anymore.

But again, that's just me. If you depend on your phone for photos and video then stick with the U11.
    07-26-17 05:10 PM
    Personal preference, so it's up to you. I use a dslr for the important stuff, so I'm just happy the camera isn't a piece of crap like to the older BlackBerry devices I've had, lol. For me, the battery life is more important than anything else, since no matter how fast or lag free a phone is, if the battery is dead, it's slow, lol. :-D and I hate typing on a virtual keyboard, and having the pkb shortcuts I cannot go back to having a messy screen full of icons anymore.

But again, that's just me. If you depend on your phone for photos and video then stick with the U11.
    To be honest that's also a tempting option. I've posted the KeyOne for sale here in Dubai on a local online shopping site and had 0 inquiries since 3 days so let's see....
    07-26-17 05:20 PM