went into developers option, could not find a field for smallest width. Would you point me to where it is located. Thanks
    08-26-17 04:21 PM
    Does not work at all no matter what I try in settings etc. Should work without developer settings because not everyone uses them...restart doesn't help. Did not modify anything in the system or app permissions! German KeyOne
    08-26-17 04:37 PM
    Go to BB launcher settings and click the "icon and layout" button then you can scale the icons highlighted in green below. You can change your grid size using the setting highlighted in red below. I have my 'smallest width' set to 520 in developers options so it looks a bit smaller, but that's the gist of it. See screenshots.

Attachment 429130Attachment 429131Attachment 429132
    Were do you find this ? In settings
    08-26-17 04:38 PM
    Those who can't find it, you need to decrease the size of icons.

My display setting is set to "Default" but if I just go to the home screen settings, if I adjust the icon size, then I get more rows and icons.

Here's a quick gif, hope it's clear.
    FF22, anon(3641385) and mrisad like this.
    08-26-17 10:38 PM
    Tried it out. But still after changing those settings as described after saving them and returning to homescreen the setting are automatically put back to standard and nothing is changed. Going back to the settings the same settings are on standard again...
    08-27-17 05:30 AM
    Tried it out. But still after changing those settings as described after saving them and returning to homescreen the setting are automatically put back to standard and nothing is changed. Going back to the settings the same settings are on standard again...
    You may have made an error... restart phone. Follow first post exactly, restart again...
    08-27-17 09:15 AM
    mrisad -- I successfully executed the changes you made, prompted by your enthusiasm for the results. Afterwards, however, I decided I didn't like the clutter nor the smallness (most of the time I wear glasses but I don't want to HAVE to wear them to see my cell phone screen). So, let me ask: why do you like having six instead of four icons on the dock. Be specific. (You understand I am not challenging you, just curious).
    08-27-17 09:19 AM
    I do not think I need it. But the BB07 icon is very good. Dimensions and visuality are nice. That's enough.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-27-17 09:24 AM
    mrisad -- I successfully executed the changes you made, prompted by your enthusiasm for the results. Afterwards, however, I decided I didn't like the clutter nor the smallness (most of the time I wear glasses but I don't want to HAVE to wear them to see my cell phone screen). So, let me ask: why do you like having six instead of four icons on the dock. Be specific. (You understand I am not challenging you, just curious).
    Well honestly I just think it looks better that's all. I always changed dpi in all android phones to make room for more.
    08-27-17 11:07 AM
    went into developers option, could not find a field for smallest width. Would you point me to where it is located. Thanks
    First field on the screenshot. This is in developer options.
    Attached Thumbnails OMG BlackBerry Launcher new update allows grid layout and icon size control!-57904.jpg  
    cscott44 likes this.
    08-27-17 11:07 AM
    Were do you find this ? In settings
    OP is posted with detailed instructions.
    08-27-17 11:11 AM
    Does not work at all no matter what I try in settings etc. Should work without developer settings because not everyone uses them...restart doesn't help. Did not modify anything in the system or app permissions! German KeyOne
    You only need to go to developer options if you want 6 icons on the dock.
    08-27-17 11:13 AM
    Can't change the number of dock icons, you have to change your 'smallest width' to 520 in developer options. That will result in 6 icons on the dock.
    Results in 7 icons for me, a bit too small. Tried lesser numbers but it jumps from 5 to 7 at "500" setting. Either way the app drawer and launcher definitely seem faster after these updates.
    08-27-17 05:24 PM
    You only need to go to developer options if you want 6 icons on the dock.
    Not really. You just need to decrease the size of icon and you get more icons on the dock available.

You don't need to play with the DPI in Developer's Options.
    08-27-17 06:12 PM
    Go to BB launcher settings and click the "icon and layout" button then you can scale the icons highlighted in green below. You can change your grid size using the setting highlighted in red below. I have my 'smallest width' set to 520 in developers options so it looks a bit smaller, but that's the gist of it. See screenshots.

Attachment 429130Attachment 429131Attachment 429132
    Love the calender. Which calender app is that?
    08-27-17 06:18 PM
    Not really. You just need to decrease the size of icon and you get more icons on the dock available.

You don't need to play with the DPI in Developer's Options.
    Cool didn't know that
    08-27-17 06:31 PM
    Love the calender. Which calender app is that?
    It's a widget called "agenda widget" , look it up on playstore. Still using default BB calendar.
    08-27-17 06:32 PM
    You may have made an error... restart phone. Follow first post exactly, restart again...
    He didn't. I have the same error. Reducing DPI for the dock works perfect but the launcher settings keeps reverting back to standard. Going nuts..
    08-28-17 05:08 AM
    He didn't. I have the same error. Reducing DPI for the dock works perfect but the launcher settings keeps reverting back to standard. Going nuts..
    Make sure that the first language of the device is English. If you are using a local language, do the first language in English and try again later. Once the process is complete and lost, switch your device back to the language you want and reset it. It will be fine.
    08-28-17 05:12 AM
    Make sure that the first language of the device is English. If you are using a local language, do the first language in English and try again later. Once the process is complete and lost, switch your device back to the language you want and reset it. It will be fine.
    Unfortunately my device language is English. Just have two keyboard languages..
    08-28-17 07:26 AM
    it jumps from 5 to 7
    This is because they need an odd number of icons. The reason is: The middle one is always the App drawer. So: 5,7,9,...
    08-28-17 08:11 AM
    I can't even open my launcher...
    even through the Playstore, I click on it to open, and it just goes back to my home screen.
    Why ??
    08-28-17 10:19 AM
    Just switched mine around. Didn't know this was here until I popped on this forum, thanks! I have a single page of icons and having more columns make me able to fit more on my single screen.
    08-28-17 10:56 AM
    here's what I have following first post exactly... well can't find attachment dialog ...later
    08-28-17 11:37 AM
    The Icon pack looks beautiful on KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    mrisad likes this.
    08-28-17 01:46 PM
129 ... 3456