My personal interpretation:

- Neon (Hamburg) currently in carrier testing, target "late summer" around August
    - Rome around Oct-Nov timeframe "early Fall"
    - Let the device sell around and by Q4 FY2017 (Feb 2017 CY), have a final decision whether to keep hardware
    06-22-16 01:59 PM
    Is this a new interview or an old one?
    Seems to be the same as a few months ago...late summer/early fall for one and by the end of the year Feb 2017 for the other.

And I don't see how he gets hardware profitable by this September... without known if his enterprise customers will buy these phones.
    06-22-16 02:11 PM
    He's been pretty consistent even in todays shareholders meeting that he's willing to let devices go if its not self-sustaining and even if it stays, devices will be the tail not the head.

The device business must be profitable, we don�t want to run a business that drags on the bottom line
    It�s time for us to get to the profitability � we�ve got to get there this year
    I personally do not believe devices is going to be the future of any company
    06-22-16 02:18 PM

My personal interpretation:

- Neon (Hamburg) currently in carrier testing, target "late summer" around August
    - Rome around Oct-Nov timeframe "early Fall"
    - Let the device sell around and by Q4 FY2017 (Feb 2017 CY), have a final decision whether to keep hardware
    I thought he stated this in an early interview this year.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 02:20 PM
    Posted May 2.
    06-22-16 02:34 PM
    If thats true. BlackBerry is too late again! I need a new phone before whatsapp is shutting down.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 02:43 PM
    If thats true. BlackBerry is too late again! I need a new phone before whatsapp is shutting down.

Posted via CB10
    You can always purchase a Priv? Sub $300 on Ebay. And the BlackBerry Nobel / Neon (Hamburg) will be out before WhatsApp stops support. OR... purchase any Android device out there. Tons and. Tons to choose from.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    06-22-16 02:56 PM
    You can always purchase a Priv? Sub $300 on Ebay. And the BlackBerry Nobel / Neon (Hamburg) will be out before WhatsApp stops support. OR... purchase any Android device out there. Tons and. Tons to choose from.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    I think BlackBerry should stop wasting money and just sell the Priv for $300-400. Already that price on Ebay as others have pointed out.

These new phone's make no sense.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    06-22-16 03:42 PM
    I think BlackBerry should stop wasting money and just sell the Priv for $300-400. Already that price on Ebay as others have pointed out.

These new phone's make no sense.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    They make sense from a cost point of view. If they simply rebrand another device and add their special security sauce, they can dramatically reduce the breakeven point on hardware.
    06-22-16 03:49 PM
    I thought he stated this in an early interview this year.

Posted via CB10
    As it turns out it was the earlier interview from May. Sorry I didn't look closely.
    06-22-16 05:05 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't get it... if they're going to release a slab, they're competing against all the other Android slabs (Galaxy, Huawei, HTC, Nexus, OnePlus) and they won't even make it half way up that mountain! They so need to play to their strength, in the arena where there is ZERO competition, release the ROME!!!!
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    06-23-16 07:48 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't get it... if they're going to release a slab, they're competing against all the other Android slabs (Galaxy, Huawei, HTC, Nexus, OnePlus) and they won't even make it half way up that mountain! They so need to play to their strength, in the arena where there is ZERO competition, release the ROME!!!!
    As much I will pick the QWERTY one only as well, they do need the volume seller before they can build niches.

Chevrolet needs to sell a lot of Sparks before they can afford to keep the SS in the lineup.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    06-23-16 07:53 AM
    As much I will pick the QWERTY one only as well, they do need the volume seller before they can build niches.

Chevrolet needs to sell a lot of Sparks before they can afford to keep the SS in the lineup.
    Damn you and your "logic"! But I get what you're saying
    06-23-16 08:31 AM

Actually, the reason why Chevy would need to sell a lot of sparks (or any other brand needing to sell a lot of small cars) has nothing to do with that. The EPA requires an average mpg rating for all of their vehicle sales to be above a certain level. They don't make a lot of profit on their small cars, they try to sell as many of them as possible to bring that average up so that they can sell the higher-ticket vehicles like their trucks and "sporty" cars...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-23-16 09:56 AM
    Actually, the reason why Chevy would need to sell a lot of sparks (or any other brand needing to sell a lot of small cars) has nothing to do with that. The EPA requires an average mpg rating for all of their vehicle sales to be above a certain level. They don't make a lot of profit on their small cars, they try to sell as many of them as possible to bring that average up so that they can sell the higher-ticket vehicles like their trucks and "sporty" cars...

Should've used RX350 and the LF-A I suppose.
    06-23-16 10:06 AM
    Too late. Simple. Get devices out to stay in customers mind and to have something to sell.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-23-16 10:11 AM
    Should've used RX350 and the LF-A I suppose.
    Probably a better comparison.

06-23-16 10:45 AM
    Too late. Simple. Get devices out to stay in customers mind and to have something to sell.

Would you want another repeat of a Z10 failure? Too fast, too little?
    06-23-16 11:15 AM
    It seems like BlackBerry already knew prior to the release of the Priv that they would be making more phones. They need to get them to market for people to buy, otherwise people will keep reading headlines in the news that BB is bleeding $670 million in revenue every quarter. Also, doesn't the iPhone insert-number-and-letter come out in September? They need to get these phones out before the competition, not after. No one will buy a BB because they'll be busy with the rebranded iPhone6.
    06-23-16 12:54 PM
    If the rome is not launch by this year, blackberry will lose a lot of passport, q10 and q5 users using whatsapp as their main IM which is a crap ton of people.

06-23-16 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeap this

06-23-16 02:45 PM
    Would you want another repeat of a Z10 failure? Too fast, too little?
    Ok you can hang around till next year when everyone else has moved on.

06-24-16 06:03 AM
    Looks like time to look at Oneplus 3 or Alcatel Idol 4S now

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 07:11 AM
    Looks like time to look at Oneplus 3 or Alcatel Idol 4S now

Posted via CB10
    Reviews are ragging about the OP3's Pentile screen.
    06-24-16 11:50 AM
    If the rome is not launch by this year, blackberry will lose a lot of passport, q10 and q5 users using whatsapp as their main IM which is a crap ton of people.

The all touch comes first, it will be the better of the two devices per Chen... more of a mid to high device.

The PKB come by the end of the fiscal year... would expect Feb2017 or they would have said by the end of this calendar year. Just never know BlackBerry to be early... Feb 2017 is the end of his window, that's the earliest I would expect to see it.

But I expect that while Chen hasn't said it... he has left enough wiggle room so that if they release the "Hamburg" in August/September and it flops, the "Rome" won't see production.

So if you are a PKB user, you stick with what you have... or accept the PRIV for the time being. Or just hope, it's not like anyone else is making PKB devcies.
    Use all touch users... there are plenty of options.
    06-24-16 11:58 AM
42 12