Ok so I bought a KeyOne on launch day in Selfridges and love it. I am trying to get the keyone into my company when a sales team re order about 50 devices next month.

I met a Blackberry TCL Sales guy on launch day and kept in touch via email about the order

Few weeks back he asked me had I any issues , said just one really . On initial sync I had 3-4 email accounts with about 12,000 contacts including maybe 3000 duplicates. It took a week or so and the contacts app could not deal with the workload and slowed the entire phone.

The BB/TCL guy told me for the chip and memory the optimum amount of contacts is 4000-8000 and sure enough I resynced the contacts less one account which was 6000 . It synced much faster and the phone is very fast now

But it's just on reflection I can't get my head around thousands of contacts clogging up the entire phone ..

What do you guys think ??
    05-26-17 01:10 PM
    I really doubt every CPU having a maximum number of contacts before things fall apart, but cutting your contact list in half will improve things for anything that accesses your contact database.

Was it a general slowness or only in specific circumstances?
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-26-17 01:13 PM
    I really doubt every CPU having a maximum number of contacts before things fall apart, but cutting your contact list in half will improve things for anything that accesses your contact database.

Was it a general slowness or only in specific circumstances?
    That's what I thought .. Weird to thing a number of contacts can "max out" even a mid range chip like a 625

It was general sluggishness and they day I tried to merge duplicates constant freezing for the day (it was thousands of duplicates to merge)
    05-26-17 02:05 PM