Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi Folks,
    Have researched as best I can, but could find nothing on here to reflect my problem, unless of course I am using the incorrect terminology?
    Quite simply I cannot get the offline 'speech to text' working.
    I have all the supposed settings in order, but the moment I disable Wi-Fi, voice recognition does not work.
    All the correct files were already installed for offline voice recognition.
    This is a new phone, not pre-owned.
    Having only had the phone 2 days, has given me little time to mess any settings up.
    No problem with this when on Wi-Fi.

Anyone out there having or had this issue?
    Many thanks for looking
    Last edited by Kev B; 07-03-17 at 08:47 AM. Reason: DUPLICATE
    07-01-17 11:35 AM
    Sorry folks, made a hash of this post and managed to post it 3 times, mainly because it was not visible initially, then suddenly all three!!
    No idea how to delete so stuck with it for now.
    That said, still no off line dictation
    07-04-17 01:59 AM
    Can I assume that the dictation issue above is a 'Google' issue, as opposed to the Keyone itself?
    07-05-17 01:26 AM
    I didn't think this Google feature worked while away from the cloud i.e. offline?
    07-05-17 10:15 AM
    Well it should apparently, according to data.
    There are downloaded files on the phone for 'offline dictation', its just that they don't work on my handset
    Technology getting so ahead of itself, and it doesn't know what to do with it!, or properly at least.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-05-17 10:43 AM
    So files stored on your device associated with voice dication, do not mean they are sufficient for it to operate at all, or fully. These files might be associated with firing up the voice dictation, and just maybe enabling you to navigate to locally installed core apps and maybe some other pre-processing (with a teeny-tiny fraction of a full dictionary - like names for pre-installed apps, to open them). But certainly not to ask search-engine questions, or to make dictations...for that you need to be connected to the voice-processing servers which may have the vast majority of the 'dictionary translation'. That is how I believe it works on BB10, and probably Google as well.
    09-29-17 12:28 AM