I wouldn't mind if the device was a little less tall. First inclination was to put the Android buttons on screen, and move the screen down. I just realized the reason the (much maligned) capacitive buttons are there is because otherwise there would not be room for predictive text. So, I guess I'll leave future designs up to BBMo and more clever Crackberrians than myself! I'm pretty satisfied in the meantime. Now if my keyboard would just stop squeaking...
    06-17-17 11:15 PM
    Great! A standard and a mini version. Like you say mini would be for niche market, but there does seem to be other mentions in these forums for exactly that.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-18-17 03:40 AM
    Snapdragon 630 processor
    4GB ram
    Higher quality AMOLED display
    64GB internal storage
    removable battery
    Carbon Fiber Weave Back
    Rearranged buttons - power button on right upper side above volume controls, standard mute button between volume controls, and convenience key in left lower side of device near top of keyboard
    QI/PMA Inductive Charging
    Stereo speakers
    06-18-17 04:06 AM
    Great! A standard and a mini version. Like you say mini would be for niche market, but there does seem to be other mentions in these forums for exactly that.
    I was thinking the following:

1. Ultra (5.5" screen with Passport width- damn, that is huge!)

1. The standard size ( 4.5" screen)

3. The mini ( 3.5" screen)

All with at least 4GB of RAM.

I definitely would buy the Ultra.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 04:08 AM
    I was thinking the following:

1. Ultra (5.5" screen with Passport width- damn, that is huge!)

1. The standard size ( 4.5" screen)

3. The mini ( 3.5" screen)

All with at least 4GB of RAM.

I definitely would buy the Ultra.

Posted via CB10
    Would buy the mini in a heartbeat if it had a good keyboard and battery life.

 C L A S S I C
    Johberry and Mrs Teapot like this.
    06-18-17 09:13 PM
    6gb
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    10-01-17 02:39 AM
    better RAM
    better chip, high end one
    better battery
    bezel less screen
    better cameras top ones
    10-01-17 02:53 AM
    Hardware:
    -Smaller Q10/9900-ish size option
    -Removable battery/glass weave backing
    -Trackpad that works as convenience key
    -Physical nav buttons, none of this capacitive crap. If they're not physical, just make it software based.
    -Better Speakers
    -Fully-functioning USB-C (audio/visual out)
    -Whatever is the most modern/efficient processor at the time (battery life over performance)
    -4000 mah battery
    -4 gigs RAM
    -bigger/brighter RGB LED notification light
    -pause button

Software:
    -More gestures like BB10 (swipe back, swipe up multitasking, swipe over Hub)
    -More organized options
    -Ability to customize homepage more (getting rid of application page button, and the cluttered mess up top)
    -More shortcut actions (airplane mode, application drawer, browser shortcuts/webpage, home button)
    -All notifications come through hub.. I don't like that I get phone stuff only through the drag down notifications.
    -better device search
    -move menus/search bars down below closer to the keyboard (why is 'clear all' all the way at the top?)
    -Sending quick notifications by pressing Enter instead of reaching all the way to the top again to send
    -calculator that has tips/converter and is compatible with the physical keyboard.
    -Pause/next/last music button ability
    Last edited by ominaxe; 10-01-17 at 08:40 AM.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    10-01-17 05:08 AM
    There's nothing I'd change and barring my screen falling out, I'll use this phone for the next 2+ years no problem. You see, I use my phone for things like making phone calls, sending/receiving email, productivity stuff, and web browsing. I don't use social media at all, I very rarely play any games and if I do it's usually 5 minutes of Angry Birds or something, and once in a great while, I'll watch a short YouTube video. I also don't listen to music on my phone.

So with all that, to me, the screen size is perfect. I come from using the Note series of devices for the past 6 years. Way too big of a screen. The new bezel-less design is ugly to me as are the stretched resolution taller screens of the Note 8, S8, etc. AMOLED displays, while looking a little sharper initially, always comes with burn-in later on down the road. If you disagree, you are lying to yourself. Every AMOLED device I have ever owned has has noticeable burn-in after a while. I've seen no reason to bump the RAM up. Performance is on par with my Note 5 with its Exynos/4GB combo. It won't hurt to add if it's cost effective but to me, it's not necessary.

Maybe bump internal storage to 64GB/128GB if anything. While the battery is a beast, if they can squeeze a little more mAh out of it without sacrificing physical size, go for it.
    10-01-17 09:33 AM
    Honestly the only requests I would have is appropriate hardware updates to keep up with the times, move the antenna from the bottom (srsly? Antenna on the bottom in a pkb device?), and mimic the Classic's keyboard. Oh, and also the Classic's angled sides and back material, so the bloody thing doesn't try to run away from me.
    dts32041 likes this.
    10-01-17 09:59 AM
    - I like that the design doesn't feel frail, but this could be taken further. A little more grip on the sides. I don't mind trading thickness for durability and battery life. Keep the grippy back. (Never understood the pursuit of thin mostly glass phones).

- Move the convenience key

- An upgrade to processor and RAM (I happen to think the current configuration isn't too bad, but a boost would be welcome)

- Keep the camera top tier. Likely a dual camera.

- Wireless charging

- Water resistance

This phone is like a laptop in my pocket. I love it. Keep making it better with each generation!
    Last edited by Frank Costanza; 10-01-17 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
    10-01-17 11:00 AM
    Classic form factor.
    Trackpad
    Toolbar
    10-03-17 05:03 PM
    I would say add wireless charging, 4gb ram is fine, up the camera as usual and up the processor but keep it in the 600 range (I forget what's up next... 660 maybe?)
    10-04-17 09:42 PM
38 12