Don't get me wrong, I love my K1 and I'm never looking back.. BUT..

When the Keytwo comes out in 3017 (no sooner).

Here are my requests:

Hardware:
    1. Adhesive on screen to hold it together properly.
    2. Higher RAM.
    3. MATTE keys please. I really don't like these glossy keys. It gets dirty faster and it doesn't help with scrolling. They had it right with blackberry passport. Counter-arguments are that it looks better? I guess it's personal opinion but I definitely prefer the matte.
    4. ALL black option.
    5. Stereo speakers would be nice.

Software (possibility via OTA in 2020):
    1. Integrate keyboards shortcuts and device search into the Android OS (BB version) so that we can use different launchers and TRULY customize our phones.
    2. Ability to hide battery percentage. EVERY phone has this ability (even IPHONES!?!?). I need this so bad, I keep looking at the battery percentage, its a problem. This is a small OTA update - please please please, give us the option.
    3. This one might be a tall order but maybe create a widget which function like the active frames in BBOS. I mean if you added more RAM, it could work.

Feel free to add to this list. I want to hear your ideas.
    Johberry and anon(3641385) like this.
    06-08-17 04:00 PM
    yes adhesive under screen

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-08-17 04:18 PM
    Trackpad and Toolbelt.
    dts32041 likes this.
    06-08-17 04:21 PM
    BB10
    AladarMezga, dts32041 and Johberry like this.
    06-09-17 10:22 AM
    Infinite screen
    06-09-17 10:24 AM
    Software home/back/recent buttons, no idea why they went hardware capacitive. They could have gotten more real estate, it would have been cheaper and it would help solve the accidental swipe problem. Makes no sense
    JOHNGAETANO, FF22 and mrisad like this.
    06-09-17 10:29 AM
    Oh yeah and OIS. Why have a nice camera sensor and ruin the video shooting at higher resolution?
    06-09-17 10:30 AM
    2. Ability to hide battery percentage. EVERY phone has this ability (even IPHONES!?!?). I need this so bad, I keep looking at the battery percentage, its a problem. This is a small OTA update - please please please, give us the option.
    You already can hide the battery % it's in the system UI tuner..

oockla, TymelRory, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    06-09-17 10:33 AM
    Passport form factor
    IP67 life proofing
    4GB RAM
    64GB storage
    4000 mA battery!
    Passport form factor
    IP67 life proofing
    4GB RAM
    64GB storage
    4000 mA battery!
    mrisad likes this.
    You already can hide the battery % it's in the system UI tuner..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0ca284f4c7.jpg
    OMG I love you! mind blown. I had no idea about 'system UI tuner'. Worked like a charm.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-09-17 10:42 AM
    06-09-17 10:56 AM
    Make me coffee......I mean its 3017 right....
    mrisad likes this.
    06-09-17 11:06 AM
    Software home/back/recent buttons, no idea why they went hardware capacitive. They could have gotten more real estate, it would have been cheaper and it would help solve the accidental swipe problem. Makes no sense
    agree 100%
    06-09-17 11:13 AM
    Software home/back/recent buttons. Please

Slightly taller and slightly wider keyboard. Slightly! Could easily gain the height of another row of keys and the width of one.

Bigger notification light and a universal way to set notifications.

Stereo Speakers

Same mindset of processor and battery life.
    Battery life more important than playing games.

Move the power button

Move the convenience key

Easier SD access.

Keep the camera top flight. Don't settle.

Keep the rubbery back. Love it.
    oockla likes this.
    06-09-17 12:00 PM
    Make the PKB the smartest one ever...!
    Been wondering if the PKB can be like tiny color displays. So that for example, you have the regular letters and when the symbol key is pressed the emojis show up in the PKB itself.
    So no need to move onto the screen to select an emoji and BlackBerry already has touch sensitive keypads for scrolling, so all those thousands of emojis can be scrolled right in the keypad. And more over I believe it would make typing even more faster!!
    And yes, there can be even more possibilities where in any language around the world can be displayed. No need to separately color the keypads in Arabic and what not..!

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 12:37 PM

Here are my requests:

Hardware:
    1. Adhesive on screen to hold it together properly.
    2. Higher RAM.
    3. MATTE keys please. I really don't like these glossy keys. It gets dirty faster and it doesn't help with scrolling. They had it right with blackberry passport. Counter-arguments are that it looks better? I guess it's personal opinion but I definitely prefer the matte.
    4. ALL black option.
    5. Stereo speakers would be nice.

Software (possibility via OTA in 2020):
    1. Integrate keyboards shortcuts and device search into the Android OS (BB version) so that we can use different launchers and TRULY customize our phones.
    3. This one might be a tall order but maybe create a widget which function like the active frames in BBOS. I mean if you added more RAM, it could work.

Feel free to add to this list. I want to hear your ideas.
    Work wide sequel....With AMOLED to improve the battery even farther...All black.
    06-09-17 12:40 PM
    I say they make 2 versions... a wide one with big screen to satisfy everyone who wants that absurdity (lol)

And a smaller more compact version that is slightly narrower and possibly 4 inch screen.

I realize that the audience for both are extreme minority though. So hoping a KEYtwo would be about the same form factor but with all the "bugs" worked out and possibly some slightly improved hardware and better grippiness

 C L A S S I C
    Mrs Teapot and dts32041 like this.
    06-09-17 01:29 PM
    Trackpad and Toolbelt.
    I second this request a thousand times.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry and dts32041 like this.
    06-09-17 01:41 PM
    I second this request a thousand times.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Although I think they could introduce a mouse via the keyboard trackpad. Just needs some clever software.

I would personally love to see call/end keys. Although admittedly, retrofitting those on the classic, they do not work as reliably and as well as on OS7. I imagine retrofitting them on android would take some effort.

 C L A S S I C
    dts32041 likes this.
    06-09-17 01:57 PM
    Real solid
    Amoled
    Gold pkb (for the word only)
    Extremely good signal reception
    At least 64 gb
    Design like passport SE
    4000mah battery
    Support the android software at least 3 years
    Can survive drop test (2m) and bend test
    Be the best camera ,beat the huawei,pixel iphone and samsung

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 01:57 PM

No sooner than 3017
    OK, here we are in 3017: we know that time travel is already "established technology" by 3017. Please set up the 3017 KEYᵒⁿᵉ so we can push a key and travel back to January 2017 with amazing innovations (to those living in the 2017 time warp). We will add some innovations to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ that we will have developed during the last 1000 years, along with fixes for all the issues they complained about in those ancient archives of CB. This must be done subtly so the 2017 earthlings will not notice. But the screen will be a priority. It will be made of the "now common in 3017" invincible glass-like material, which when placed against certain other materials also to be used in the phone, will cause it to adhere to the frame permanently and be completely waterproof around the edges. A certain highly specialized electronic laser instrument will need to be used to release it if necessary for repair. This instrument needs to use 2017 technology so the ancient earthlings aren't suspicious of intervention from the future.
    Then we will be able to press the time travel button on the 3017 KEYᵒⁿᵉ and return to 3017.
    kbz1960 and mrisad like this.
    06-09-17 03:18 PM
    No sooner than 3017
    OK, here we are in 3017: we know that time travel is already "established technology" by 3017. Please set up the 3017 KEYᵒⁿᵉ so we can push a key and travel back to January 2017 with amazing innovations (to those living in the 2017 time warp). We will add some innovations to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ that we will have developed during the last 1000 years, along with fixes for all the issues they complained about in those ancient archives of CB. This must be done subtly so the 2017 earthlings will not notice. But the screen will be a priority. It will be made of the "now common in 3017" invincible glass-like material, which when placed against certain other materials also to be used in the phone, will cause it to adhere to the frame permanently and be completely waterproof around the edges. A certain highly specialized electronic laser instrument will need to be used to release it if necessary for repair. This instrument needs to use 2017 technology so the ancient earthlings aren't suspicious of intervention from the future.
    Then we will be able to press the time travel button on the 3017 KEYᵒⁿᵉ and return to 3017.
    excellent thesis! you will get your PhD soon

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-10-17 02:08 AM
    Was on the fence to replace my DTEK60 with a KeyOne, but it seems it doesn't have stereo speakers. Deal breaker. My DTEK 60 has stereo speakers and doesn't compare to the volume of my Passport, let alone the mono Q10. How to get me on a KeyTwo is easy...

•Stereo speakers.
    •Spec bump & 4GB ram

That's pretty much it, I will add a couple "Hail Mary's" though if a genie were to grant me wishes...

•PPI just a touch higher and AMOLED screen.
    •Back like the Q10/Priv "woven glass" makes a phone look & feel like heaven, that said if not leave it exactly as is- that would be my plan B I do like it a lot.
    •Keys like the Q10/Passport (I think the glossy looks and feels cheap)
    •for the first time since way too long, keep the logo on the back & put the damn name on the front! There's room, and it's still a Blackberry damnit! Seems I'm more proud of the name than anyone over there in Waterloo.

And yeah, best phone ever, it's that easy. Also, if having the shape more of a flat 3D rectangle as opposed to the rounded edges makes it easier for the screen fitting and sturdier so's the screen doesn't pop out don't be afraid of that. And don't be afraid of weight, Passport was damn near 200g and felt like a billion dollars- if a few grams are perceived as "too heavy" maybe hit the gym I'd rather it be 200g and sturdy than 150g and feel like a McDonald's treat of the week.
    06-17-17 10:31 PM
    4 GB of RAM and Z30 or Passport like stereo speakers. That's literally all. This would be the PERFECT device.
    06-17-17 10:42 PM
38 12