11-13-20 10:43 AM
969 ... 373839
tools
    Build date because of screen pop issues.
    If it is a black one then you don't need to worry about the screen. The problem was with the early-build silver ones.
    09-08-19 11:17 PM
    If it is a black one then you don't need to worry about the screen. The problem was with the early-build silver ones.
    Except for the AT&T model, aren’t the black ones 64GB storage? I thought 32GB was silver only.
    09-09-19 05:44 AM
    Except for the AT&T model, aren’t the black ones 64GB storage? I thought 32GB was silver only.
    I believe you are correct. I missed that detail since it wasn't mentioned what color it is. I do not remember the date after which the problem was revolved. Do you recall?
    09-09-19 05:58 AM
    I believe you are correct. I missed that detail since it wasn't mentioned what color it is. I do not remember the date after which the problem was revolved. Do you recall?
    I believe it was sometime in July 2017 but I’m not sure. I also believe there’s a carrier version 32GB Black in Canada but I don’t remember which carrier.

Edit carrier is Telus and that was released after the screen issue was fixed.

https://crackberry.com/telus-now-off...ne-space-black

@conite @the_boon

Anybody remember when screen build date is when KEYone screen pop was fixed?
    hatchaholic likes this.
    09-09-19 06:17 AM
    So the article says ATT was rolling them out Sept of 17. Only indication of build date I can see on the box is Android 7.1.1, SW ver AAO750. Yes this is a boring black one. Would prefer silver or droool slobber Atomic.
    09-09-19 07:39 PM
    Is the screen pop because of oversize hole or undersized screen or does it just need adhesive?
    09-09-19 07:41 PM
    Is the screen pop because of oversize hole or undersized screen or does it just need adhesive?
    It was the adhesive. And mine held on for 22 months. If it is black then it should be ok.
    09-10-19 12:40 AM
    So far...been using my KeyOne BE for 9+ Months now.

Camera and Display are pretty much potatoes.
    (Compared to any other middleclass phone)

Memory Managment also quite a joke
    (Not existent and/or blocked by BB themself in their "secured" Android)

Update Policy also not worth the full retail price...

Otherwise as daily driver for Texting and Phone Calls its doing fine.
    (Another Downside Carriers dont support Wifi Call or VoLTE cause its such a rare device)

I did only pay 229€. Normal prices are extremely overpriced considering the weak specs/performance. Will probably upgrade to a Key2 when it falls below 250€.

Even now selling out for around 200€ or less its Specs have not aged well.
    No Security Patches, no System-Upgrades, mediocre functionality
    (Bad Android-Development on BB-Side)...so many small details they could've easily prevented. I guess it's just another China-Phone-Brand now.
    Last edited by AlUrNiMa; 10-16-19 at 03:20 AM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-16-19 02:45 AM
    Got my Used BlackBerry KEYone BE a week ago. Very satisfied with my purchase and my upgrade from My BlackBerry Passport SE.
    10-25-19 10:27 AM
    I just received a new KEYone BE "BBB 100-7", I expected it to be larger. "Still miss the size and feel of the Passport". I had a Seidio case on the Passport, and I just ordered one to give the KEYone some girth .
    10-26-19 09:53 PM
    Okay, after long debates with myself I could not resist my urge to get a PKB BlackBerry Android smartphone. My choice has landed on BlackBerry KEYone Bronze Edition (PRD ... 005, EU QWERTY). The reason I chose KEYone over Key2 is purely esthetic: I like the beautiful design of KEYone.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-17-20 12:09 AM
    Bought a KeyOne 6GB Black Edition - good price in the UK now - to replace my Priv . I did look at the Key2 but the price remains high. I got the Priv to replace my Passport. Priv was a nice phone - but I am surprised and delighted with the KeyOne. It's fast, has an incredible battery life (I often go for 3 days between charging) and lovely to use.

I thought I'd miss the larger screen of the Priv, but I don't and am really happy with the trade of having a keyboard to hand for the shortcuts. Keyboard and camera are much better than the Priv too. Loving the phone - shame more people didn't feel the same - and then the BMo+TCL partnership would be in a different place....
    Rico4you and iMasterus7 like this.
    02-05-20 06:29 AM
    Bought a KeyOne 6GB Black Edition - good price in the UK now - to replace my Priv . I did look at the Key2 but the price remains high. I got the Priv to replace my Passport. Priv was a nice phone - but I am surprised and delighted with the KeyOne. It's fast, has an incredible battery life (I often go for 3 days between charging) and lovely to use.

I thought I'd miss the larger screen of the Priv, but I don't and am really happy with the trade of having a keyboard to hand for the shortcuts. Keyboard and camera are much better than the Priv too. Loving the phone - shame more people didn't feel the same - and then the BMo+TCL partnership would be in a different place....
    I have the KeyOne BE and feel the same as you... One of the best phones I have ever had... Will continue to be my daily driver until it fails... I too couldn't bring myself to pay full price for the Key2 however that too is a great phone... Enjoy your KeyOne...
    Sigewif and iMasterus7 like this.
    02-05-20 06:45 AM

Have the KEYone and KEY 2 Silver and RED edition. Well KEY2 is an awesome upgrade on the already good KEYone.
    Enjoy!
    the_boon and Sigewif like this.
    02-05-20 07:17 AM

I also went from the Priv to the KEYone. I now use the KEY2 as my daily driver, but still use the KEYone. I love all these. The KEYone has a great camera. If you are into photography, I hope you post some KEYone photos in CB's KEYone photos sticky.
    iMasterus7 likes this.
    02-07-20 10:35 AM
    Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-img_8205.jpg

I never thought I'd buy an Android BlackBerry but I was curious and got a really good deal on my new (to me) keyone. I've never used Android before, so it's been a bit frustrating. Does anyone have any good recommendations on videos for learning this OS or keyone specific videos? I am impressed with the device so far. The keyboard isn't bad compared to my Classic. I like the ability to use the keyboard to swipe like the Passport, and the fingerprint space bar is a nice touch. Call quality has been excellent. Excited to learn more about this device!
    the_boon and iMasterus7 like this.
    02-13-20 04:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8205.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	447754

I never thought I'd buy an Android BlackBerry but I was curious and got a really good deal on my new (to me) keyone. I've never used Android before, so it's been a bit frustrating. Does anyone have any good recommendations on videos for learning this OS or keyone specific videos? I am impressed with the device so far. The keyboard isn't bad compared to my Classic. I like the ability to use the keyboard to swipe like the Passport, and the fingerprint space bar is a nice touch. Call quality has been excellent. Excited to learn more about this device!
    I bought an LE in November. I was told the learning curve would be approximately 1 month - and that was about right! All I ever had was a BlackBerry or an iPhone (for 4 years) -

I have to say - I really like this phone and the operating system. Of course - now that it's going away - I better like it cause there is no replacing it! Lol

I watched no videos - nothing - just learned - trial and error .... Great phone!
    donzr likes this.
    02-13-20 04:59 PM
    i just got my keyONE last week. hahaaa i know it is to late but better late than never
    BB merah putih 100-7 , no android 8 upgrade ( T_T )
    but i use a lot of texting so i'm still very happy
    formerly use a zenfone 5z, now zenfone only for gaming.
    11-12-20 09:09 PM
    Should have posted two weeks ago but I forgot. I just got BE KEYone 4/64 the - 039 variant. So far so good
    What's this 039 variant?
    11-13-20 10:43 AM
969 ... 373839