Just got my KeyOne today.
    So far so good. Device feels brilliant in the hand and even with the 625 processor, I'm find it runs like a beast

Really pleased so far.
    62jmw likes this.
    01-20-18 08:51 AM
    Post here guys and your first impression!
    01-20-18 03:07 PM
    Had my KEYone for 2 weeks now. Loving it more and more everyday. Battery life is unbelievable! Device is a Beast. Amazing how so many people out there think BlackBerry had gone away. People are missing in my judgement!
    Pistooli likes this.
    01-21-18 06:56 AM
    First time poster here. I read these forums for the past 6 months following the Keyone. After debating for months and months whether to buy the unlocked version of the Keyone for Verizon I finally took a leap of faith and went to BestBuy and bought it. That was a big deal for me because of all the uncertainty I didnt want to make a mistake.

After about 3 days of use, my only regret at this point was waiting all year to go get what is probably the nicest phone I ever held in my hand. My previous phone was a classic so I was more than content with my current phone, but I had no idea what I was missing out on.
    By far the smoothest and most efficient blackberry I ever used dating back to the early Bolds.

I was on the fence about jumping ship after all these years and getting the Note 8 since Verizon wouldnt pick up the Keyone, but after holding the note 8 in best buy, it just felt like the huge size of it would get annoying fast. Also I just dont know how to part ways with my keyboard tbh.

As far as the transition to an unlocked phone under Verizons network...all is good. No issues so far and not missing any features. Have HD calling and 4G ( I recall reading people missing these features) and I use YOUmail since I lost verizon visual voicemail....I actually prefer this YOUmail even more. So pretty much a seamless transition for me and using the content transfer app to backup the phone worked perfectly too.

One question - does anyone have any input on using a 3rd party insurance for this keyone? The geek squad seemed way over priced so I skipped out on it. I was looking at squaretrade etc but unsure which is best/worst.

Thankful for this crackberry site and all of the posters here. Huge help in making this decision.
    I did the same thing you did. I did my insurance through Progressive/Worth.
    01-21-18 07:42 AM
    Done. Picked up a BE 100-1 from BlueshopAmazon Canada. Added a Dual Layer off of eBay. Both should arrive this week. Will keep the device away from pocket coins and keys as I plan to run it naked. First BlackBerry Android device. SO rocks an S7 (S6/Z30/9630 before that) and is looking at the S8. Hoping to transition her back to BlackBerry with the Motion (not likely) or one of the upcoming models (so long as they spec higher than the Motion)...

Edit: Cancelled Blueshop and went with Amazon Canada. 60 USD less for the same exact make and model. Opted for standard shipping. Was expecting delivery within a week, turns out that standard shipping will have the BE 100-1 to my door in two days
    Last edited by adamlau; 01-23-18 at 12:06 AM.
    01-22-18 02:57 AM
    I got the 100-1 my only grip in general is 2 things, I WISHED they'd have made the home keys in the software itself so we could've had auto hide home and soft keys and that much more screen size real estate or me and my love for buttons given us the bb classic bowtie keys with a trackpad that'd act not only as a mouse pointer but also a home key and the second problem is the fluked out flakey defective secondary mic when on speakerphone other then that love this Baby Beast BlackBerry and can't wait to see the second gen version!
    01-24-18 05:20 AM
    I GOT IT !!!
    As we had to renew a bunch of corporate contracts, I had ask for a black Keyone as a capricious managerial demand. They brought it to me yesterday!

Still playing with it, I have some bitter thoughts about it but always a brand new bbry makes me happy :-)
    01-24-18 04:05 PM
    The Keyone was featured on tonight's episode of How to Get Away with Murder!
    sesp9 likes this.
    01-26-18 12:00 AM
    My Dual SIM KEYone from India finally landed in Toronto earlier today and I have fallen in love all over again with the KEYone. For those of you out there who like me, have been wielding two devices (one for work SIM, one for personal) all of these years, your prayers have been answered!

I absolutely LOVE how Android manages two SIMs and my pockets are thanking me for the lighter load! I hope that TCL considers making a Dual SIM variant of the Krypton for a more global market.

Oh and the device itself? So stealthy and sexay!

Attachment 430173
    Attachment 430174
    How is your dual sim Keyone holding up? Any issues? I'm thinking of ordering one off ebay but worry about the lack of warranty.
    01-28-18 06:18 PM
    How is your dual sim Keyone holding up? Any issues? I'm thinking of ordering one off ebay but worry about the lack of warranty.
    Still working like a charm! I absolutely love it! I tried going back to the OG silver KEYone over the Christmas break but only lasted day. I find that the extra gig of ram makes a difference.

Can't wait for the bronze dual sim KEYone to be available in Europe. Should be a lot easier to import than the Optiemus device.
    01-28-18 08:29 PM
    Still working like a charm! I absolutely love it! I tried going back to the OG silver KEYone over the Christmas break but only lasted day. I find that the extra gig of ram makes a difference.

Can't wait for the bronze dual sim KEYone to be available in Europe. Should be a lot easier to import than the Optiemus device.
    Can i ask where you ordered your dual sim Keyone, was it ebay or?
    01-28-18 08:41 PM
    Can i ask where you ordered your dual sim Keyone, was it ebay or?
    Unfortunately it wasn't that easy. I met a fellow Canadian CrackBerrian who was headed over to India on business. I ordered it from amazon.in and had it shipped to his hotel and he brought it back home and mailed it to me.

At the time, it had just come out and wasn't being sold on eBay yet, but I couldn't wait to get my hands on the firs ever dual sim BB so was more than willing to have the device go through a bit of a world tour before landing in my hands!
    01-28-18 08:47 PM
    Unfortunately it wasn't that easy. I met a fellow Canadian CrackBerrian who was headed over to India on business. I ordered it from amazon.in and had it shipped to his hotel and he brought it back home and mailed it to me.

At the time, it had just come out and wasn't being sold on eBay yet, but I couldn't wait to get my hands on the firs ever dual sim BB so was more than willing to have the device go through a bit of a world tour before landing in my hands!
    That's some serious effort! Ebay has them from the seller Never-mrsp. They have pretty good feedback, but I'm worried about warranty if something goes wrong. At almost $600, not sure it's worth the chance to risk losing that dough lol
    01-28-18 08:51 PM
    I got my silver KEYone today and it's amazing also it's my first blackberry device I am impressed
    01-29-18 09:47 AM
    That's some serious effort! Ebay has them from the seller Never-mrsp. They have pretty good feedback, but I'm worried about warranty if something goes wrong. At almost $600, not sure it's worth the chance to risk losing that dough lol
    I've had the dual SIM KEYone for four months now and haven't had a single issue. I also knew that I was taking a chance importing an Optiemus device with no warranty coverage, but was okay with that gamble. You have to be able to live with the possibility of having a $600 brick on your hand if you're thinking of buying an regional Indian BlackBerry.
    Byrese likes this.
    01-29-18 03:23 PM
    Im getting my Black Edition tomorrow. Very excited. Im on a Note 8 and many would say its a downgrade but i dont think so. Other than the ram and memory has anyone noticed a difference between the Silver and Black edition?
    02-01-18 08:17 AM
    Im getting my Black Edition tomorrow. Very excited. Im on a Note 8 and many would say its a downgrade but i dont think so. Other than the ram and memory has anyone noticed a difference between the Silver and Black edition?
    Hi! My congratulations!
    But it is really a downgrade. I have Note8 and K1 SE. Note8 is a superb smartphone.
    02-01-18 08:20 AM
    Hi! My congratulations!
    But it is really a downgrade. I have Note8 and K1 SE. Note8 is a superb smartphone.
    What can you do once crackberry always a crackberry...
    02-01-18 02:59 PM
    Hey guys this is STS14B for some reason I cant log in to my account here anyways Ive got the KeyOne and it has been 2 days and im loving it. Although it was a downgrade from tne Note 8 in terms of screen size but the keyboard definitely compensates that. I am very satisfied with the convenience key and shortcuts. Camera does a good job. The boost mode during charging is a bliss for a heavy user like me and once I get my hands on an adapter (I live in Ankara and the handset I received came from England. Vodafone did announce the Keyone here but I acted earlier) I will be able to use the fast charging feature. More thoughts to follow.
    02-03-18 09:07 AM
    Finally got a KEYone a few days ago. With my luck they'll be announcing a KEYtwo this month but I figured it was worth the risk. I was already fairly familiar with the device after getting to hold and mess with one a few times since last summer.

First Impressions:
    Love the look of it. It reminds me a lot of my Passport SE and is just something different than a slab. The keyboard is really awesome. I'm sure it could be tweaked but within minutes I was used to typing on it. Screen size is adequate.

In the last couple years on Android I've used a Moto X, Priv and Huawei Mate 9 so I'm very familiar with the OS. I guess I had forgotten some of the BlackBerry OS shortcomings. In a few ways the OS seems to have even regressed from the Priv.

• Really was surprised and miss holding down home and having the three swipe up options. It was very nice for opening up the hub, Textra, and Alarms easily (and no the convenience key having an option to display multiple shortcuts isn't half as useful so I just stick with one there).
    • No built-in "night tint" mode like most other phones have.
    • Apparently no more swipe down on keyboard for symbols.
    • Still no way to keep the phone in priority only mode and have the notification LED work. The Priv was like this but it worked effortlessly on the Mate 9 so I forgot. I like keeping my phone on silent but due to on-call for work have to be woken up if needed so that's pretty frustrating.
    • Using one-handed it can be hard to swipe down for notifications. The Mate 9 had options for both swiping down on the fingerprint sensor to bring notifications down and also an optional button on the navigation bar to do the same. I realize this isn't a stock feature and there are a couple apps that can help with this but it seems like an omission.
    • BlackBerry launcher has gotten better but still seems clunky compared to Nova/Action and while I appreciate the settings for number of icons per row/column a similar one is needed for the dock.
    • Not sure why software updates needs it's own separate app instead of being in settings like on every other Android device I've used.
    • Some of the baked-in Google apps can't be uninstalled (Play Movies/TV, Play Music, News/Weather, Photos, Google app) which just wastes already limited space.

Battery Life:
    I am a heavy user with lots of apps and usually managed around 8+ hours SOT on my Mate 9 so I expected similar on the KEYone. Only got about 6 hours yesterday and that was the best yet. Today I've had the phone off the charger for less than 3 hours and it's down to 89% with only 36 minutes SOT. Hopefully this improves.

Performance:
    My first thought is if BlackBerry had used the Snapdragon 626 which was out in late 2016 and offered ~10% better performance than the 625 along with 4GB RAM initially things would be a good bit better. This phone is in the same price range as some flagships offering much higher specs so lag/slowdown should not be an issue.

My first full day using the KEYone was quite honestly horrible performance wise. Took a day trip to the mountains and had to restart the phone four times because it completely froze and became unresponsive for minutes at a time. At one point I needed to take a picture and tried opening up the camera app - the whole phone froze then the app halfway opened (showed camera view but without the app controls/grid. I turned the screen off and went to the lock screen and tried opening the camera that way but with no success. Ended up using my Mate 9 to take the picture effortlessly. None of this has happened since (yet) but was a horrible reminder of my last few months with the Priv. The only thing that was different that day was driving with at times spotty/no service and (trying) to play music in my car via Bluetooth.

Since then it's been fairly stable and usable. It often takes a second or two longer to open apps than my Mate 9 but once it gets going is fine. Deleting emails in the hub also seems to take a second or so longer than it should. Again see my thoughts on BlackBerry using the 625 processor when the 626 was already out and probably have helped quite a bit with this.

Miscellaneous:
    • The only issue I've had with app compatibility is unsurprisingly Snapchat. It more or less works but cuts part of the image off when viewing snaps/stories. Doesn't seem like a big deal but annoying since it often cuts off captions. Would be nice if BlackBerry had an option like the Passport where you could letterbox the app to 16:9 when needed.
    • Just like the Priv (on T-Mobile USA) Wi-Fi calling never works for me (Error REG99) yet somehow always works flawlessly on my Passport SE. A little frustrating.

It may not sound like it from reading this but I actually really like the KEYone. It just has quite a few shortcomings (some fixable, others not). I do admit maybe I expect too much from it.
    02-04-18 07:12 AM
    Hello, I got my KeyOne a few weeks ago. I was a Dtek60 user(details on the Dtek60 forum) but battery issues made me return to the iPhone. I will say I was really missing the BB apps (Hub, the BB VKB, Calendar).

I had never had a Blackberry with a PKB ( did use the Priv briefly but never used the PKB) The KeyOne is an awesome phone! I sort of lucked into it and after playing around with it decided to use it for my work phone and keep my iPhone as my personal phone (since I have the watch and all the health apps syncing). I am amazed at the battery life of the KeyOne. I've gone as long as 6 days between charges!
    02-05-18 08:25 AM
    After thinking long & hard i have changed my Nexus 5x for a KeyOne last Saturday. And until now i don't regret it! (thankfully...) Of course i have to get used to the physical keyboard again and find my way around my new phone and the Blackberry apps, but until now i am a happy camper!
    02-06-18 08:17 AM
    After thinking long & hard i have changed my Nexus 5x for a KeyOne last Saturday. And until now i don't regret it! (thankfully...) Of course i have to get used to the physical keyboard again and find my way around my new phone and the Blackberry apps, but until now i am a happy camper!
    It's an awesome device. Give it a couple weeks and you will be typing faster than ever
    02-06-18 08:22 AM
    I'm happy to see so many content / delighted users, but I also recently purchased a KeyOne Black and my feeling is much more ambivalent toward the phone. At the moment I feel to be in limbo, the main reason I switched from my trusty Classic to KeyOne is the navigation software options and to have a decent podcast / audiobook app, along with Spotify. Twilight (screen tinting) is also something I wanted for a long time.

First and foremost Android is still a steaming pile of ****. My phone slows down or becomes borderline to unresponsive, especially with Chrome and Whatsapp. Every second or third day it happens with me that I try to answer a call and the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. I also hate the fact that if I lock the phone, I have to use either the PIN code or the pattern code to unlock it. Why can't I use the fingerprint reader? Yes, I know that _technically_ why I need to enter the code, but from usability purpose it's uncomfortable. At least I want to see the option to choose.

Considering the phone itself, I have issues with two things. One is the keyboard... part of me wants to write it feels "too soft", part of me wants to write it feels "flimsy". Mind that I'm coming from Classic, where it felt different, so I didn't really consider it as a problem per se. Till like two or three days ago, when I started to hear a soft, plastic(y) cracking noise, whenever I touched or pushed the space button. And that's something which forecasts nothing good about the lifespan of the keyboard.

Other annoying thing is the reception quality. If I drive between 130-140 km / h (or faster), the calls are constantly dropped. Sometimes the call lasts for 20 minutes, sometimes it lasts for 3 minutes. Annoying as hell, especially for a business phone, try to explain it during a telephone conference.

So yeah, at the moment the (slightly cracking) physical keyboard is the only thing which keeps me with BlackBerry, not sure that I will buy phone from this line again, especially not at this price.
    02-06-18 09:35 AM
    My KeyOne arrived today, letting it charge but I noticed it's kind of slippery. I think I'm going to need a case.
    02-09-18 05:32 PM
976 ... 3132333435 ...