Got mine! Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-img_1512588759081.jpgOfficial "I got my KEYone" thread!-img_20171206_192226.jpg
    12-06-17 09:56 PM
    I just got mine . Lets see how long does it take to get used to it .

Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-imag0073.jpg

Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-imag0074.jpg
    12-07-17 04:00 AM
    Say, got my Keyone yesterday. Really great device, but there are two points to complain...

At first, the well-known issue with the word-substitution and it's missing %b for backspace. But hopefully there'll be a way to work with it.

Second, I can only scroll on the upper two rows of the keyboard...I guess I got a little fail there and should ask for a replacement? Or is that normal?
    12-07-17 06:29 AM
    Wanted to replace my Classic. Was initially put off by the price of the keyone. Tried a priv but wasn't terribly impressed with feel of the phone or battery life and went back to the classic for a while. Finally sprang for a keyone black edition. Totally worth it. Phone feels solid, like a tank compared to contemporary smartphones. Typing is great even before learning to use the fancy keyboard features. Battery life reminiscent of my old 9650. I still wish it had a trackpad and removable battery, but even so it is a glorious device.
    It more less has a removable battery, the back cover snaps on and off so easy and the battery is right there. What's odd though is the battery is glued in with some very strong glue, I think they should have put that glue on the screen and the screen glue on the battery lol.
    12-07-17 06:47 AM
    I don't like the emojis on android, prefer the ones from ios
    Me either man, but when the Oreo update arrives we will get brand new emoji's and they look great! They are a bit similar to Apple's and Samsungs. If you want to check them out just Google Oreo's new Emoji's.
    12-07-17 06:53 AM
    Got my Keyone via blackberrymobile shop one week ago. Black edition with a free flipcase. Not sold at all. Bad reception (my 4-year old Q10 has better reception), android needs to many modifications (and it's very intrusive as expected), it's very annoying. Not at all intuitive. But looks great. I need to adjust to the size. It obviously feels way too big and heavy (compared to my Q10). The screen is nice. Obviously, being able to have the apps I needed (and didn't work on my Q10 even with Coblat's tricks) is really appreciated. I didn't use the camera yet (I barely used it on my Q10). Internet navigation is not great (better on my Q10 for the few websites I visited). So after one week, I have really mixed feelings. Having a bad connection is really painful. I will update my review in few weeks to see.
    12-07-17 07:36 AM
    I forgot to mention the battery life: awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-07-17 07:40 AM
    Received my black edition KEYone a few days ago and has been great so far! I believe this version should of been the first release because the screen will not pop off now! lol
    12-07-17 10:37 AM
    Same here I just got it today. I am relieved that it's a new batch. I must say that my hands move freely due not using the passport anymore.
    12-07-17 10:50 AM
    I'm waiting. Was to be delivered yesterday but Bestbuy.com says it is delayed, with no delivery date offered. Anyone else experiencing this? (Central California)
    12-07-17 12:00 PM
    I'm waiting. Was to be delivered yesterday but Bestbuy.com says it is delayed, with no delivery date offered. Anyone else experiencing this? (Central California)
    Considering the fires that are in Ventura and LA County is probably why.
    12-07-17 12:05 PM
    Exclusive BB user since 2006

Upgraded to KeyONE (BBB100-2 model) and using it exclusively for past 10 days

Coming from using combo of Q10 + Priv for past two years

Chose Silver Edition over the black (no difference in upgrade cost) – much more striking and gorgeous from every angle, even face-down

Keyboard is superior to that of the Priv, no question. The Priv’s was trash. Not as good as the Q10’s, but near enough for me to be very happy indeed!

92 apps later and still noticeably zippier than the Priv, so, yes, a clear upgrade

Rounded, iPhone-esqe edges make it feel slippery to pick up off a flat surface

Extremely solidly built and great weight distribution

Instagram is perfect on it

Screen coating looks extraordinarily premium and glossy when switched off (and wiped clean!)

Convenience key way too easy to activate - I set it to do absolutely nothing

Call quality is perfect, though range/reception is about 50% of what Priv and Q10 have at my place

Keyboard scrolling is limited to top three row when scrolling in portrait screen orientation…the four bottom keys (except the spacebar) are active only in landscape mode.

Not a heavy SnapChat user, but the front camera’s quality made me want to cry…and I’m a business user! Not sure I will ever use it except in hyper-optimal lighting conditions.

Watching other people’s/companies stories is not too bad as the cropping just trims off maybe 15%, so most text at the bottom of the screen is readable (or guessable!)

I tried recording a video message via Skype and the quality is also very, very poor, and the format is skewed. I had to record via my Priv in the end, which is perfect.

92 apps installed – still relatively snappy, but over 7-8 apps open can cause some funky business (redraws)

Hate that when you hit the Square and bring up all open apps via the ‘Rolodex view’ that the ‘X’ isn’t visible immediately for you to shut down apps…it has an animation you need to wait almost a second for. 70% of the time I’m closing apps, so that adds up. Needed to choose the ‘Masonry’ view, which I don’t like.

Love that when you double-tap the square you go back to the last open app. Working between two apps is super smooth.

Split screen is great and easy to both activate and cancel
    Bit of a lag when scrolling through thousands of photos spread across internal memory and MicroSD card

Screen is beautiful and sharp (sharper than Priv) though not as bright

Fingerprint sensor – whoooosh!!!

Battery – I’ve recharged it four times in 10 days but can see its stamina building gradually

Audio – speaker is loud and sound is robust. Via headphones, still not as good quality as my Priv or Q10 using VLC and the same EQ tweaks

All in all, think I’ll have a great relationship with this little phone
    forrestishmael and texn884 like this.
    12-11-17 03:40 PM
    I must have missed this thread, I got my Keyone a few weeks ago from AT&T online after watching the Podcasts from Crackberry Kevin, i'm a long time Blackberry user from the days of the Curve. After using the Keyone it's been so much easier to type out emails. I don't see much advertising for the Keyone, i'm surprised AT&T isn't carrying the Keyone in their stores like Sprint does. I noticed other Countries are getting more of a push for the Blackberry devices than here in the US. Does anyone know if this is the way the releases will be going forward?
    12-12-17 06:56 PM
    Just ordered the black edition. Upgrading from my current iPhone SE. I went Droid X > Bold 9930 > Q10 > Red Passport (best phone ever) > iPhone SE...

I miss my keyboard! I still have my Limited Edition Red passport in mint condition not being used anymore. I really miss that device. But I think I’ll sell it, too gorgeous to be gathering dust.
    12-13-17 06:07 PM
    New owner of a keyone here.
    Moving from a Q10.

Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-img_20171213_172136.jpg
    12-16-17 02:56 PM
    New owner of a keyone here.
    Moving from a Q10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171213_172136.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	432358
    You'll love it the keyone is very reminiscent of the q10!
    chrissycee1975 likes this.
    12-17-17 10:16 PM
    I ordered a KEYone and I returned it because my sim card tray was defective. it rattled and was very annoying. I must say, it's a nice device. I'm going to wait for the KEYtwo to come out
    12-17-17 11:04 PM
    I've had mine for a couple of weeks -- moving from a Passport, a Pre3 before that, a Bold before that and almost every webOS phone before that. So far a very positive upgrade and my favorite BB phone ever.

Pros:
    - application availability
    - the space bar fingerprint reader is great
    - being able to use BB apps for email, calendar and contacts
    - the Hub is still good
    - I like the keyboard more than I expected -- already like it more than the one on the Passport

Cons:
    - the "phone call experience" is very bad -- the application is bare bones and the "inconvenience" key cannot be disabled for muting calls with no way to tell if you are muted or not without opening the app -- really bad if you use Bluetooth headset with dedicated mute all the time like me
    - notifications management is a nightmare -- might be user error, but with the Passport everything was intuitive, consistent and reliable
    - productivity applications like messages and contacts are much inferior to the Passport BB10 versions
    - cannot see invitee availability on the Calendar app like Passport (BB10)
    12-18-17 12:46 PM
    Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-17314ae0-4eb6-4995-bbf3-1256b601ae30.jpg

Just received mine, purchased from eBay via never-msrp. It’s my new work phone, replacing the Essential Phone.
    12-22-17 08:49 PM
    Bought an unlocked K1 today at a local Best Buy as a Christmas gift to myself. Build date of 9/20/2017.
    texn884 likes this.
    12-24-17 09:17 PM
    Paid $75 for my black keyone from AT&T

build date 8/31/17
    Last edited by pst23; 12-27-17 at 06:01 PM.
    Poplet likes this.
    12-27-17 05:46 PM
    Just got mine yesterday from The Amazon Showroom (aka Best Buy). I was reluctant to get one earlier because of the screen size but it's been good. I had obviously read about the battery life but I had no idea it was this insane. This is my first DroidBerry since the Priv and there's no comparison. The camera has been a pleasant surprise and I don't have to live in fear that the phone might cause catastrophic fires like the Priv could. My only gripe so far is the rather small size of the capacitive nav buttons and the placement. Maybe another 2mm above and below would help but the phone's pretty tall as it is.
    12-27-17 07:42 PM
    sitting here on my key one black trying to run the battery down lol

off charge 14 hours and I still have 31 percent left!
    Poplet likes this.
    12-27-17 08:19 PM
    I have to admit, I'm not keen on having to learn a new device and redo all my custom notifications, but this phone is solid! my beloved Q10 was starting to freeze up and shut down by itself so it was only a matter of time before I would have had to make the switch. I love my KeyOne so far!
    Poplet likes this.
    12-29-17 09:13 AM
    So, five days into having my new Keyone, here is what I've learned:

* the fingers still remember how to type on a physical keyboard (thank you years of owning a BB)

* Android is a whole new ballgame but I'm learning quickly. My last BB was the Classic but I ended up trading to an iPhone due to lack of app support.

* the OEM BlackBerry screen protector is not good and I've already ordered a replacement.

* the OEM dual layer case is great but the phone won't fit into a Leap holster with it on. I've already ordered the flip case.

* I'm okay with the integration with Google (although friends are not) due to the ease of so much.

* BBM is still fantastic and I'm on a one man crusade to convert others. Sooooo many excellent features across platforms.

* I missed the Hub. I feel like the old me again.

All in all, I have no regrets getting the Keyone. I've been planning for this switch since July and I'm glad to have a BB back in my hands.
    Last edited by MrDEL; 12-29-17 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Typo
    12-29-17 09:51 AM
976 ... 2930313233 ...