Just got my K1 yesterday -- the CDMA version for Verizon.

It's great to finally have a physical keyboard again. I've been missing it ever since I replaced my Droid 4 with a Note 3.

I'm coming at this from the Android side instead of the Blackberry side:

G1 --> Droid 2 --> Droid 4 --> Note 3 --> Nexus 6P --> Note 5 --> V20 --> KEYone

The K1 is my first Blackberry, and I'm very happy with it so far. I did have a Priv briefly, but I returned it because I found the keyboard to be too small.

I'm still holding on to my V20 as my audio player, since there's no phone out there that can beat the V20's quad DAC for music.

The K1 isn't quite as fast as the V20, but it's fine as long as you remember to close background apps so you don't run out of RAM. And the tactile response of the physical keyboard more than makes up for it...
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-31-17 02:26 AM
    Yay! Got mine! Now just trying to find apps to replace some of the BlackBerry ones.
    Good first impressions but I do prefer the layout of the Passport keyboard.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-31-17 04:29 AM
    The one change I would make to the keyboard layout for the KEYtwo (or whatever) would be to add a number row to the PKB. You could make space for it by replacing the capacitive buttons with on-screen buttons.
    08-31-17 10:06 PM
    Got mine yesterday! upgraded from a passport. going to miss BB10, but excited to get into the world of Android to stay up-to-date. Also a iPhone 7 Plus user for a second phone. So far, it seems pretty comparable. It's a great looking phone!
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    09-02-17 07:55 AM
    Got my friday CDMA unlocked. Verizon recognizes it as something not a Keyone, but Blackberry. Have spent two days working with it. It is an android and I am Mac. Which complicates things. Things I like the KB and the size. Things I don't like No decent cases (come on Otterbox) the new usb to C more cables for RV home and Car. Battery life good. Hard to sync music but getting there. The blasted android ads. Come on I want a phone not a walking billboard. No way to put it into MTP mode. Klunky way of closing windows. Not really impressed yet. Don't trust it enough to use as primary phone will be taking it on the road to find out how it compares to my Classic. Important as I spend around a 100 days camping, need good reliable communications and hot spot.
    09-02-17 09:30 AM
    I am happy to be back with Blackberry after 2yr hiatus with an IPhone 6.

Love:
    PKB
    Android and having my go to apps
    Battery life

It's certainly more configurable than my iPhone, for some that could be frustrating (Apple is easy out of the box).

After years with Blackberry, from the 7900 to 8830 to Bold... I left because I was envious of the apps. While not an excessive media guy on my phone, my primary use is communications and the apps that help me with various things. Now with Android, I have everything I want in a device.

I hope TCL continues to develop PKB phones for Blackberry. If so, I don't plan on leaving again as device upgrades/replacements are required.

Blackberry is back!
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    09-03-17 01:31 PM
    I recently received my keyone. I hate to write this but it is inferior in every possible way to the Passport SE except for Android app support. I returned mine within 24 hours of receiving it and went back to my Passport SE. It REALLY made me apreciate my Passport SE.

Passport SE has: 1) less cramped keyboard 2) display is square and has greater width which is perfect for webpage viewing and messaging, everything the blackberry is designed for. 3) superior display (i.e. aspect ratio of 1:1 versus silly narrow squished banana shape cookie cutter size of every other cell phone) 4) superior browser, when using it it hides the top icons that contain carrier information, because who wants to see that all of the time with no option to hide it, and the brilliant and experience changing ability to quickly change most webpages into a book format with all ads stripped out just by pressing 'r'. On the keyone, you lose so much of the already sparse screen area to the android navigation buttons, the top bar containing carrier info, and the url bar, its almost comical how little space is left over for actually viewing the webpage content.

I sat there talking to myself trying to persuade myself to stick with the Keyone, but at the end of the day (literally after a days usage) I thought why suffer on a cramped device with inferior screen size, quality and keyboard when I can go back to my Passport SE? I have a Mi Mix phone as well which is the same size as the Keyone. I noticed when I look at webpages I often look at only the top 1/2 of the screen anyhow on whatever device I'm using. What you need for productivity is WIDTH in the screen not LENGTH. I honestly dont understand why cell phones are shaped the way they are, the 1:1 ratio seems better for everything except watching videos, and I dont mind black bars/or can use a video app with crop features.

The Keyone was designed for greater mass appeal, but blackberry phones themselves are niche devices. Its like Blackberry stopped making devices they themselves loved and used and tried to make a device they thought people wanted. Great products are produced by one methodology and not the other.

Make a Passport SE with native android support and fingerprint security and it will be the perfect device. Everyone who bought a passport will buy one for sure (don't know if that is good enough), but hopefully those wanting native android support will also buy one.
    I just bought a Passport. It should be here tomorrow. I don't find the keyboard on the KEYone cramped though. It did take me a week or two to get used to it but I love it.
    09-06-17 08:31 AM
    Activated my KEYone on Labor Day. Was up and running in a few hours with all of my apps, work email, and text messages. Took a couple of calls to Verizon to take care of some "settling in" issues. Thought I'd document my journey:
    * Initial migration was easy. Got my apps from Google play. I was basically running a bunch of the Google stack on my iphone (mail, contact, maps, etc) so it was easy.
    * To get text messages I used isms2droid.
    * When I tried to use cellular data while on a call I got a message that it wasn't possible or the phone wasn't enabled. So I followed the steps at the top of this thread (https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12920481). Called Verizon and they said I was already provisioned. I'll say the support guy was very helpful. Called me back on my Voip line so we could test the other stuff I did. First I went into Setting and search for Volte (selected Volte Preferred) -> Select Cellular Networks -> Selected Preferred Network Type -> Set it to LTE/CDMA. The support guy said it probably wasn't required but wouldn't hurt either. Next, punched in the code in the link *#*#46368676#*#* and just turned the settings off and on again, rebooted, and it worked.
    Took one more call to resolve no voicemail notification. Asked them to disable visual voice mail and return me to basic voicemail which they did. Was told to restart the phone and then I could dial voicemail and I had the option turn on the voice mail notification (option 4 then option 1 - with visual voicemail the options menu on option 4 doesn't include an option 1). So switching to basic voicemail fixed that problem.

Still in my first week but liking it so far. Used to be a BB user back in the day, then switched to a couple of android phones and later a couple of iPhones. Glad to be back on a BB.
    09-07-17 03:19 PM
    Just got my KEYone! bye bye iPhone!
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    09-08-17 05:58 AM
    Just got my Keyone. Work won't support it, so I use Outlook Web App and say their loss. At least they aren't Admins on My Phone anymore. like it so far. Miss some screen real estate for Videos, but for Business it's the Cats Meow.
    09-08-17 02:00 PM
    Just got my Keyone. Work won't support it, so I use Outlook Web App and say their loss. At least they aren't Admins on My Phone anymore. like it so far. Miss some screen real estate for Videos, but for Business it's the Cats Meow.
    Do they not support Android in general?
    09-08-17 02:17 PM
    been told i was the 600 one bought the devices at their shop today.
    I love this phone. It feels great in the hand and it's very snappy. It's like a cross between the bold, and the passport. Alot of ppl seem to know about this phone when I'm out and about. The favorite line is "hey is that the new KEYone" they don't even call it a BlackBerry lol anyways I now have two because I couldn't resist that all black finish
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-1686028734.jpg  
    09-08-17 03:56 PM
    I love this phone. It feels great in the hand and it's very snappy. It's like a cross between the bold, and the passport. Alot of ppl seem to know about this phone when I'm out and about. The favorite line is "hey is that the new KEYone" they don't even call it a BlackBerry lol anyways I now have two because I couldn't resist that all black finish
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-833990185.jpg  
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    09-08-17 03:57 PM
    Yes, but unfortunately the Hardware is identified as BlackBerry and the Server Rejects it through Intune Company Portal
    09-08-17 11:19 PM
    New His & Her KEYone's. Got them Thursday afternoon, trying to get used to the Android OS. No question it's a learning curve for me after so many year with BlackBerry.

09-09-17 06:11 PM
    I received my AT&T KEYone yesterday. I've been playing with multiple configurations (with and without a Google account, with a Google account created just for the phone, with my G Suite and Office 365 corporate work accounts, etc) all in different combinations.

I'll probably create a new Google account just to use for the phone, for recovery and the Play Store, as needed.

Very impressed with the BlackBerry stuff on the KEYone. Not impressed with Android.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-09-17 06:50 PM
    Just got mine. A few stutters and lag as I get things set up. It's a given. As it settles it will be fabulous.
    09-09-17 07:13 PM
    Such a sweet phone.

I'm amazed at how quickly I've got used to Android after nightmares with a Galaxy S6 POS. Like 2 days and I was scrolling around comfortably, and I haven't even set up any key shortcuts yet.

10/10 so far.
    09-11-17 08:43 AM
    Best blackberry ever. I am thoroughly satisfied with this phone. and all my friends who made fun of me for getting a bb 10 phone in the past acknowledged that this new blackberry keyone is def better. a lot better! and also i sense many people are getting sick of being with apple/iphone forever. i still like apple but man this new blackberry blows it away as a daily driver. my iphone feels like a child's toy comparatively.
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    09-11-17 02:49 PM
    Got the ATT all black today. Tried the sprint but sprint coverage and their support (over the phone) was almost scary bad for me. I forgot how good this phone is for me. yes it lags (maybe software update?) but battery lasts forever compared to my Note 5. Yes, keyboard isnt as good as classic but it I can type pretty good two handed with this anyway. I have 14 days to decide but (on day1) its looking like a keeper. My relationship with BB goes all the way back to the Verizon 7250 and that badass Nextel 7500 IDEN series. If they only did a modern version of 7250, that was the greatest keyboard for me. The phone was bulky but sweet to type on.
    Last edited by nycwayne; 09-13-17 at 02:30 PM.
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    09-12-17 11:05 PM
    I picked up and set up my KEYone on Monday afternoon. It's now Friday. I have to admit, coming from the Q10, I am sorely missing the swipe-y-ness of the BB10 OS.

My experience so far is not awful, I do like the screen real estate, flick typing (missed that from Z30 days!), screen that rotates, access to a few more apps I like to use on other devices and Q10 didn't have or support well. I find myself wishing the hub was more like BB10 though I'm sure I'll get more used to how it operates on android. I also suspect from reading of others experiences so far some of my dislikes are more attributable to not liking android as my main OS than this device.

I was looking for a short cut for the "recent items" (square) button since mine doesn't always seem to launch (screen protector on may be the culprit, I've learned) and have yet to find a way to do that. I've also experienced camera being unresponsive a couple times when launched, requiring a reboot to work again. People who abandoned BlackBerry before BB10 really didn't understand how infrequently I rebooted my Q10! I would like the circle select on the screen like on the Q and would like more apps integrated with the "return" key on the keyboard, that was probably my biggest annoyance the first couple days for text/bbm/etc, having to touch the screen "send". Of course, I may not have found the way to better set up apps yet, too. I'm a bit concerned about my battery life so far, but I'm going to give that a bit more time to sort out. I'm not making it through a day on a whole charge and feel I should be able to so we'll see.

Overall, I knew I couldn't keep my Q10 forever, as much as it's been my favorite device so far, so I'm happy to make this switch to my most familiar and favourite brand and learn how to make the android OS work for my everyday life. I also have an android tablet, use an iPhone 7 and iPad so I'm fairly versed in using what I need to for the task at hand but blackberry has always driven my personal, everyday life.
    09-15-17 11:32 AM
    You should consider trying out the BlackBerry Q20 classic. As for the keyone, they just need to bring the peek into hub back.
    09-15-17 05:55 PM
    After one week, with my phone.. I can not deny that this is the most beautiful phone I have ever had.. and that with my wife using S8 and watching the new iPhone X keynote.
    09-16-17 09:56 PM
    Got my Keyone Saturday and my first impressions are fantastic. The physical keyboard has a great feel while the hub makes my work so much easier. The battery lasts nearly two days and never gets warm under light load.

I have always been in the Microsoft ecosystem (touchpro 2>HTC trophy>Nokia 928>Nokia Icon), but the lack of support and the fact there is no new hardware for Verizon put the last nails in the coffin. Oh speaking of switching from windows what are these things called apps? Lol
    Last edited by WarmBlueFlames; 09-18-17 at 10:24 PM.
    09-18-17 09:35 PM
    finally I got a Keyone......
    09-26-17 02:52 PM
976 ... 2425262728 ...