I forgot- best wishes to all with new devices! And I'm truly sorry to those who have been disappointed. I wish everyone could be as happy as me!
    the brother likes this.
    06-22-17 02:33 PM
    Got my Keyone last week and have been using it for over a week now.

1st THE BAD.

A) They should have made the phone slightly bigger.

B) Button placement ( on the right side ) is POOR - frankly sucks

THE GOOD

A) Battery exceeded my expectations - it's just awesome!

B) Keyboard feels really good and just after a few days I was already faster and more accurate typing on it. It could have been slightly wider however.

C) Fingerprint scanner is wicked FAST and given that I spend a ton of time in and out of the password keeper ( Blackberry App ) this alone has saved me MUCH TIME. I'm really liking the fingerprint scanner!

D) The phone is generally fast in and out of applications - I've not had a glitch yet - it's smooth!

E) The camera exceeded my expectations - it's very good and easily the BEST camera ever put in a blackberry.

I'm glad I got it but feel the phone would have got the attention of more people and would have sold better IF it was a little wider and maybe half an inch longer. The volume button on the right side of the phone is horrible and un-natural. That's really the only thing on the phone that sucks. The rest of it is a very positive experience.

I've been on CB for quite a few years and have been known for bashing what I didn't like BB was doing. In this case I think they did a good job with this phone excepting the volume button.
    06-22-17 03:03 PM
    two great moments...first when u see it in the flesh and second when u feel it in the hand. I love the feel
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    06-22-17 04:48 PM
    So I bit the bullet. The pull of the KEYone was too much for me (and my wife). Both of us ended up upgrading to the KEYone. We didn't realize how much we missed our buttons since we got them back.

What a great device.
    06-22-17 05:12 PM
    So I just got mine from Best Buy in the U.S., they finally had them back in stock in Miami and I got there right when they opened. I was worried about a few things since I have a LG G6 and so far my worries have been eased.

1. The Quality of the Display. I read a few complaints here. The G6 has the best display you can get in an IPS display (amoled is different). It turns out, the Blackberry Keyone display is really good. I don't feel this is a major downgrade from my G6.

2. Brightness of Display. Once you turn off adaptive display the brightness is good. To be honest that was the worst part of the Blackberry Passport, the adaptive display was not able to be turned off and the screen was too dim, too often.

3. Screen Lift. Jury is still out but no signs of anything to be concerned about on day 1 so far.

4. Lag. No lag to report yet but I will give it a few days to see.

5. Screen Size. I was worried the screen would be too cramped coming from a 5.7 inch screen. No issue here either, it works well and having the physical keyboard more than makes up for the lack of real estate.

EDIT: After using for most of today, this phone is really awesome so far

Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-20170623_120905.jpg
    Last edited by xpxpxpxp; 06-23-17 at 04:14 PM.
    kbz1960 and the brother like this.
    06-23-17 11:17 AM
    I received my KeyOne today and this is my first physical keyboard phone. I used PRIV for couple months but I never used keyboard on it.

phone is good as I was using iPhone last 3 years I feel bit heavy.
    06-23-17 10:48 PM
    Just got mine a couple days ago. Really like the hardware aspect of it. Though I'm not a fan of the location of the convenience key as it's right where my hand/fingers rest when I'm holding the phone to my ear - I keep accidentally muting the phone... hopefully a case will make the button less sensitive.

Android compared to BBOS, there is no comparison... I find BBOS far more intuitive. I have a technology background, and just working through the settings is un-intuitive on Android. That will take some time. Any time I want to make a configuration change, I end up google it because it just always seems to be exactly where I'm not looking.

I miss some of the BBOS standard apps - granted there are options through the play store, but some are lacking (ie no file manager, the default note/task/reminder app doesn't allow pictures or media attachments without having to go to another app, etc.) Out of the box you would think that an update device would have at least the minimally comparable apps of the older system. Doesn't seem to be the case.

It is a blackberry with the tactile feel to it, but the implementation of Android doesn't feel "Blackberry." Time will tell if the interface will become more intuitive in time. I do wish BB kept up with the BBOS and kept it relevant.

But as I say, gota give it some time to give time to adapt tot he new interface.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    06-24-17 01:59 AM
    I got my 100-3 (the Verizon CDMA version) about 10 days ago. No issues. Battery life gets me through two days without breaking a sweat. Even in bad reception and really hammering the phone I do not see any way I could kill the battery in a day. Well maybe if I tried to just watch videos or play games on a flight. But that is not at all the way I use my smartphones.
    06-25-17 02:18 PM
    Got mine today, purchased it out right at Wireless Wave! So far so good!
    06-25-17 07:16 PM
    Got it 4 weeks ago , the best BlackBerry device I have ever used ! recommend it to everyone who wants a physical keyboard device.
    xpxpxpxp likes this.
    06-27-17 01:57 PM
    I was fortunate to win one at the Chicago KEYᵒⁿᵉ meet-up on Friday night. Michelle outdid herself on shipping and it arrived yesterday. Today was my first full day with it. In a word, amazing! I love it!!

Will come back later with more thoughts - this week is an incredibly busy week at work so the amazing battery life is is going to be a major asset. Already got the typing muscles back - I'm lovin' it!
    xpxpxpxp and the brother like this.
    06-27-17 10:05 PM
    I've been chomping at the bit for mine to arrive from Amazon, and have been checking my email on a near-constant basis over the weekend and throughout the start of the week. Now, it's OUT FOR DELIVERY and hopefully will arrive at the office before the end of the work day. I can't believe I've worked myself up so much over a phone, but there it is... I'll be back to provide an update after my K1 arrives... unless I lose my damn mind first!

1:48 p.m.: IT JUST ARRIVED!!! WOO HOO!

4:11 p.m.: WOW! I'm so impressed! I think I will love this phone.

It is SO GRATIFYING to get my fingers on a physical keyboard once again! WOW!

I don't have all of my apps and other data transferred yet; will look into that this evening after I get home.

I'll update this post again after I do.

Oh, and NO PROBLEMS with the screen popping off, and my first call went off without a hitch, with excellent sound quality.

Stay tuned!

DAY TWO UPDATE:

I am *definitely* loving this phone! It's great having that BB physical keyboard again. I underestimated how much I missed that.

And IT'S BACKLIT! Wow!

Overall, it's quite a pleasure to just handle and operate the device; so glad I took the plunge on this.

I was able to transfer my third-party apps in just a few seconds via WiFi, NFC and back-to-back placement.

Now I'm in the midst of transferring the rest of my data; something that is taking a few hours so far. Fortunately, I'm in the office and am able to use the hi-speed WiFi. Thus far, it took a good three hours for my data content on my old phone to transfer to Google Drive; now it's downloading from Google Drive onto my new BlackBerry.

I'll provide another update once that process is complete and I have a chance to review the results.

Kudos to BlackBerry and TCL Communications!
    Last edited by Vaughn Mises; 06-29-17 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Status update
    xpxpxpxp likes this.
    06-28-17 07:56 AM
    Got mine 2 days ago.
    I've never had a BB nor a PBK before, but this device really appealed to me, so I finally pulled the trigger! got it from Rogers outright.

I consider myself a 'productivity' user. I don't watch movies on a phone and I don't play games. But I do reply to a lot of emails, tweet and IM a lot during the day. So this made the Keyone look like a great choice.
    I AM a techie fan so I do like to get my hands on the latest and greatest, so the specs of the keyone scared me off a little.
    I'm coming from an S7 Edge (Windows 10 Mobile as secondary device) so I really wasn't sure what to expect. Was trying to decide between S8 and the Keyone. Finally went with Keyone because the S8 is really just 'more of the same'.

Only 2 days in and I'm still getting used to PBK (much easier than I expected) but I will say I've been pleasantly surprised, no regrets so far. Loving the build, looks and usability of the device.
    06-29-17 07:33 PM
    I was fortunate to win one at the Chicago KEYᵒⁿᵉ meet-up on Friday night. Michelle outdid herself on shipping and it arrived yesterday. Today was my first full day with it. In a word, amazing! I love it!!

Will come back later with more thoughts - this week is an incredibly busy week at work so the amazing battery life is is going to be a major asset. Already got the typing muscles back - I'm lovin' it!
    Hey I won a KEYᴼᴺᴱ at the Toronto meetup in March and it has arrived! Check out my IOU unboxing:

Cheers!
    llrenta likes this.
    06-29-17 11:45 PM
    I got my KeyOne three days ago and I'm really loving it!
    If I had to talk about the downsides though,
    - The lowest point for the brightness is still too bright
    - From a teenager point of view here, the Snapchat camera is AWFUL (I had a S6 before and it was not as bad as on the KeyOne)
    06-30-17 01:53 AM
    After using iPhone 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 then bit of Galaxy S6 7 and recently S8 i hava finally purchased Blackberry Keyone. Didn't really need a new phone, it was just part of nostalgia pulling me (blackberry bold days) to spend the spontaneous money.
    I'm probably not one of those person the market is "focused" on since i usually use my phone for occasioanl messages, watch youtubes, read news, and occasional simple games. (of course bit of phone conversation and txt messages here and there).
    I have 100% satisifed with my Galaxy S8 (the only downside or regret was the fact that i didn't purchase the S8+ instead). i figured if i buy it via Amazon, I'll be able to return it without issues so thought i might as well try it for a month a see how it goes.
    here are my thoughts,

Maybe because i'm ready used to S8, the phoen feels a bit too wide and thick. The quality of the build-wise it seems like it s a bit step down from Blackberry passport but not too far behind.
    Blackberry passport was probably one of the most surprising phone i've ever had. the reception was great and the phone calls sounded so clear more so than any other phone i've ever used.
    maybe i was expecting similar quality so i was bit disappointed. (perhaps because the phoen is actually is made by TLC not RIM but who knows.)
    for someone who comes from recently using Galaxy S8 for a month+, i was able to immediately see the difference in "speed" or how it reacts to stuff. Nothing is unbearable and im sure its something i can get used to but it is differently a step down compared to some of the top of the line phones with top of the line processors + memory.
    convenience key is a brilliant idea (unlike the useless bixby key on the galaxy s8) except that i wish it was at a different spot. I orignally had it set on camera but currently have taken it off functionality alltogether. i seem to cllick the button by mistake everytime i pick up the phone.
    I have TMobile USA and working WiFi calling was a must and luckily Wifi calling works briliantly so far.
    whenever the phone is connected to 2.4ghz it functions smooth but for some reason connecting to 5.0 ghz wifi seems to fail wifi calling.
    i still have couple of weeks to decide whether this phoen is worth the keep or just return it and get maybe grab LG G6 instead.
    so far though, the build quiality, wifi calling working, battery lasting longer than S8 it's been going pretty good. phone is slower but not slow. will keep ya'll updated.
    07-02-17 04:47 PM
    After a much anticipated wait...my Keyone arrived Thursday night! I've been on this phone non-stop! I've had solely Blackberries since 2002-2003ish. Hence, the transition to the Android OS will take A LOT of time and practice. First impressions after 72 hours...
    1) BATTERY LIFE IS BEASTLY! I've charged twice in 72 hours, currently at 85%, and I have over 27 hours of Screen On Time...I'm guessing my next charge will be sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening.
    2) Feel and look. Feels incredibly solid and durable. Great looking phone also. After 2 years on the Passport, it's far easier to use. I only can use one hand, so it's great size compared to the Passport.
    3) OS...it is a huge adjustment, getting familiar with the Android OS. Seems like an incredible amount of redundancy, and will take months to find the right apps to perform basic functions effectively, efficiently, and comprehensively. (need a Crackberry list of most preferred apps and setup)
    4) Notifications settings...along with the OS transition, it seems that it will take weeks to get my sounds, vibrations, and LED lights coordinated and situated...luckily, I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenge (if I can just stop being interrupted by work, sleep, and non-Keyone people!!
    All said, I love the phone. Great look, battery, and quick...though it seems a little slow accessing my pics...I have thousands of pics and music in my 128GB SD card, maybe that's why. Anyway, great phone.
    #TeamBlackberry #TeamKeyone .
    07-02-17 07:45 PM
    I luvvvvvv my 🔑 One
    xpxpxpxp likes this.
    07-02-17 07:57 PM
    This the best BlackBerry hands 👐 down
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-5059.jpg  
    bluesqueen23 and xpxpxpxp like this.
    07-02-17 09:14 PM
    Stunning is the word wow! received yesterday evening! When you have it in your hands you realize how special and awesome is the #keyone
    Sigewif likes this.
    07-04-17 04:58 AM
    Finalllly!

07-04-17 06:25 AM
    I picked one up on Sunday as my LG G4 suddenly died on me and Telus had no loaner phone to give me. So far, I like the phone, but am still getting used to the keyboard (the one on the Passport I owned before I got the LG G4 was a bit better).

The only quibble I have with the phone, and it's a minor one, is that the web browser seems a tiny bit slow when scrolling, it's not nearly as fluid and smooth as the browser on the LG G4, although I suspect this might have something to do with the fact that the KEYone doesn't have the latest and greatest processor.

Still, I don't need the latest and greatest, as I use my phone mainly as a communications tool and personal organizer.
    07-04-17 07:46 AM
    I got one for my birthday! I'm glad that I can get the physical keyboard.. but I'm still very skeptical on the device.. Its much bigger that I had expected it to be! Looks classy though.. I'm still undecided between keeping my stupid 6S or transition to Keyone completely.. Anyways!!! YAYYY I'm back
    gqmovement likes this.
    07-05-17 12:44 PM
    I picked one up on Sunday as my LG G4 suddenly died on me and Telus had no loaner phone to give me. So far, I like the phone, but am still getting used to the keyboard (the one on the Passport I owned before I got the LG G4 was a bit better).

The only quibble I have with the phone, and it's a minor one, is that the web browser seems a tiny bit slow when scrolling, it's not nearly as fluid and smooth as the browser on the LG G4, although I suspect this might have something to do with the fact that the KEYone doesn't have the latest and greatest processor.

Still, I don't need the latest and greatest, as I use my phone mainly as a communications tool and personal organizer.
    Wait.
    You got a Keyone as a loner?!!

I went to Telus to buy and the girl gave me a shmpeal on how they don't sell them, or stock. It's mainly business and you have to go a Corp store (even though in the window it says they deal with business solutions)

Went to bell, walked past her and said you could of had my monies.
    07-05-17 01:58 PM
    Wait.
    You got a Keyone as a loner?!!

I went to Telus to buy and the girl gave me a shmpeal on how they don't sell them, or stock. It's mainly business and you have to go a Corp store (even though in the window it says they deal with business solutions)

Went to bell, walked past her and said you could of had my monies.
    I didn't get a loaner from Telus. I should have said that I left the Telus store empty-handed and walked over to the T-Booth store and got my BlackBerry KEYone there. Not too happy with the service I got from Telus, so I walked. They didn't even try to keep me as a customer.
    07-05-17 05:18 PM
976 ... 2021222324 ...