After a very long hiatus, the prodigal son has returned. Last phone I had was the Torch and then went with the Note series. I still love my Note, but not feeling the other S series phone. I'm disappointed that American Telephone & Telegraph is not carrying the Key2, so looking to see how this KeyOne works out. I already had to get a replacement due to a dim illuminated keyboard, so Blackberry is not winning my loyalty right now.........
    09-29-18 06:10 PM
    I have my keyone black edition now for two weeks and absolutely happy with it. I bought it at a german retailer for 299€, it is a really good price for a decent device.
    No reception issues or poor speak quality here.
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-06-18 03:42 AM
    I've had my KEYone almost a week. I bought it unlocked at Best Buy for $399. It's my fourth BB. I've had Pearl, Bold 9700, Passport, and now KEYone. I don't understand it enough to even know how much I like it yet. Keyboard is nice. I thought I'd need glasses to see it, but I am adjusting. I'm confused by the integration with Google. My pictures are all over the place. I need to figure out how to move pictures so I can organize them like I did in the Passport. I successfully transferred contacts, pictures, videos, lists, and documents from the Passport using "other method", not Google. Google was taking so long that the Passport couldn't keep up staying charged. Other method seemed to transfer straight to the KEYone. The only thing that did not transfer were my calendar entries. I tried three times, so I guess I will have to type it all in once I figure out how. I find it a hassle to learn how to use a new phone, and because of this I really miss the Passport. I am trying to embrace the "how fun... a new phone" attitude.
    If you would have used a Gmail account on your BB10 device then you could have synced all your contacts and calendar entries to it. When you signed into the new phone you would have only needed to sign into the Gmail account and voilà. It's not a pain if you know how
    12-06-18 04:52 AM
    Great to be Back In Black! After having not being able to get my hands on a Keyone until 3 days ago I am able to feel hints of BB on this device.
    It took being able fondle a clients Keyone that I decided to buy one for myself after hanging up the Passport for a iPhone 7 8 and X.

The keyboard Password Keeper and ease of emails ( on a physical keyboard) were the deciding factors. I am able to use most work apps, sure I'll miss a few games like RR3 but glad I switched back.

Still figuring everything out.
    Sigewif likes this.
    12-09-18 10:04 PM
    Great to be Back In Black! After having not being able to get my hands on a Keyone until 3 days ago I am able to feel hints of BB on this device.
    It took being able fondle a clients Keyone that I decided to buy one for myself after hanging up the Passport for a iPhone 7 8 and X.

The keyboard Password Keeper and ease of emails ( on a physical keyboard) were the deciding factors. I am able to use most work apps, sure I'll miss a few games like RR3 but glad I switched back.

Still figuring everything out.
    Welcome to KEYone ownership! I think you will enjoy it. I have had mine for a year and a half.
    12-10-18 12:42 AM
    Any KEYone owners who transitioned from a Priv? I'm considering making the jump after 2 years and can't afford the Key2 at the moment. Right now, the most logical step for me (if I want to continue w/ BB is the KEYone). I love pkb's, and am not ready to give up on BlackBerry devices.

Any advice or suggestions would be helpful. Is the KEYone a step up from the Priv???
    12-10-18 06:41 PM
    Any KEYone owners who transitioned from a Priv? I'm considering making the jump after 2 years and can't afford the Key2 at the moment. Right now, the most logical step for me (if I want to continue w/ BB is the KEYone). I love pkb's, and am not ready to give up on BlackBerry devices.

Any advice or suggestions would be helpful. Is the KEYone a step up from the Priv???
    I have both and still use my Priv as backup. But my KEYone is much faster so I give my Priv a rest and let my KEYone do the heavy lifting. Apps that struggled on the Priv do fine on my KEYone (example, navigation apps. like Google maps and Waze) Have you considered the KEY2LE? It is cheaper than the KEY2. (It doesn't have the captivative keyboard of the KEY2 but has gotten pretty good reviews if you can do without it).
    Last edited by Sigewif; 12-23-18 at 12:05 PM.
    12-17-18 02:02 PM
    Just got my Keyone, switching from my trusty Classic and so far only having problems getting my BBM to work. Like someone above said, not happy my pictures are randomly all over the phone but it will take some time to organize. Any help and or tips would be greatly accepted!
    12-20-18 07:15 PM
    Got my Black Edition QWERTY 2 weeks ago.
    (we have QWERTZ in Germany usually)

Brand new from a big reseller on Ebay (229€).
    [https://www.ebay.de/itm/RIM-Blackber...AAOSw~rhcBoyL]

I really like the Look and feel of the Black Edition.
    SD625 sure is not the fittest for heavy Users/Office but with the 4GB RAM working fine for me. Camera is kind of potatoe-like compared to my S9. Screen also not a great LCD but not that bad either. Batterylife is just Love now!

One of the REALLY stupid software implementations is that i can not use Nova Launcher and the Shortcut Keyboard Keys....and the BB Launcher is just ridiculous compared to Nova etc.

Also the -glossy- keyboard and many minor software stupidities are a little annoying.
    But overall im very happy cause I tried for 6 years now to get good at touch+type and i just cant do it. (Nokia QWERTY E-Series before that!)

So now i can choose which Phone to carry around with Multi-SIMs.
    (same number on both phones)

lag? crashes?
    I'm thinking of buying it for 300 euros.

Thanks
    SD625 + 3GB RAM has its "limits". Try getting the 4GB RAM BE if you wanna be on "a safer side" -it was on Sale several times (in Europe) for much under 300€. (i.e. Ebay)
    I can easily make my BE "Lag" while my S9 would just be bored...(Yes ofc totally different SoC)
    01-06-19 06:00 AM
    From Dubai,

Got my KEYone Limited Edition. Just now
    01-08-19 07:18 AM
    I'll write more later. ordered phone from ATT Death Star in Irving Texas yesterday at noon. arrived in West Virginia at 9:30 am today.
    listening to my activated FM chip and exploring the possibilities. I've been on this for like four or five hours of screentime and battery is at 81 percent. unbelievable.
    I love this keyboard. when I saw pics I was afraid keyboard would be too small but I find it is actually easier to type on than my BlackBerry Classic was.
    01-15-19 07:20 PM
    I'll write more later. ordered phone from ATT Death Star in Irving Texas yesterday at noon. arrived in West Virginia at 9:30 am today.
    listening to my activated FM chip and exploring the possibilities. I've been on this for like four or five hours of screentime and battery is at 81 percent. unbelievable.
    I love this keyboard. when I saw pics I was afraid keyboard would be too small but I find it is actually easier to type on than my BlackBerry Classic was.
    Congratulations. I'm still on the keyone, don't feel like jumping ship to key2 yet. love it.
    01-15-19 08:36 PM
    This is muy first full day with Keyone. I've been on this thing all day. I drive several hours a day and have been listening to YouTube on autoplay all day. been on it at least three hours screen time since I got home. had several conversations. not a single electron of charging and my battery is at 35 percent. meanwhile I've had to keep charging my P.O.S. work issued iPhone.
    01-16-19 08:42 PM
    I liked the fact they included a Sim card removal tool in the box.

It keeps blowing me away. I got this text from my son saying "I got a 94 on my math final "
    I went to type congratulations but ere my fingers touched the keyboard there was a list of texts ready to go "Yay!" "congratulations," etc. then my daughter texts "I got an A in math." again, there were perfect suggested responses to the question.
    I've also noticed whenever someone asks me something in a text, there are good suggested answers ready to go. The more I use it the more it gets in my head.
    01-17-19 10:51 AM
    Greetings from Italy.
    Got my second-hand KeyOne in October 2018, after a disappointing Huawei.

I am very pleased with this device: more than 90 days of phone calls, web research, and a lot of smooth writing in different languages.

It suits my needs perfectly.

A happy BBB100-2 user.
    01-22-19 03:50 AM
    Just got a limited edition black variant. I had a silver KEYone and the a silver key2. I switched to a Oneplus 6t because it of my experience with the key2 keyboard was horrible. I'm back on KEYone I feel like I also loose functionality when I come back to bb but I'm all about the physical kb. It's nothing compared to the pp but imo it's better than the key2 sow if I could get my wifi talk/text on mint mobile to work that will be awesome.
    01-30-19 12:03 PM
    Just got my keyone silver edition!! I'm very excited to be back on a blackberry. unfortunately my Q10 went MIA, and with the unsettling future after December for bb10 I decided to get the keyone. And for little added flair I got a purple case to give it that style look! so far my experience with this phone is awesome!
    01-30-19 01:09 PM
    Picked up a new Keyone Black Edition and I'm loving it! Gave my iPhone XR to our youngest daughter because I just couldn't fight the PKB withdrawals anymore!
    sesp9 likes this.
    02-09-19 04:10 PM
    just got my Keyone Bronze edition yesterday and I must say I'm impressed with everything I read in all the reviews. the keyboard is awesome and the battery life is amazing. Really hated to leave my Red Passport but charging it several times a day to make it through the day. I'm getting used to the Hub and the other features switching to Android.
    I really loved BB10 in its heyday and I'm sure I will grow to love the keyone..
    Sigewif and sesp9 like this.
    02-26-19 01:58 PM
    Just got my Keyone Black Edition yesterday in Australia. Everything is great so far. It took a couple of hours to set up initially because it kept finding a new update (because the phone has been out for 2 years now).
    So far so good, will be interested to see how this phone keeps up with today's apps and processes. I am coming from a Huawei Mate 10, and although the SoC is a downgrade, I haven't seen much of a difference in basic app usage - (Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Youtube etc.)
    I do play games on my phone but they are not graphics intensive, and so far everything I've installed is running with no issues. I did just get a Low Memory alert this morning but I closed some of the open apps and it settled down. I guess I'll need to keep an eye on open apps from now.

Physical Keyboard is a dream and I love the compact form factor compared to my Mate 10, which was quite wide and uncomfortable to hold with one hand.
    The Camera is something I haven't tested yet but will have a try later today - hopefully it's decent (Mate 10 camera was excellent so I'm prepared for lower performance here)

All in all I've been looking to get more productive and reduce my screen time on time wasting apps-- this phone seems to complement that mindset.
    02-26-19 05:50 PM
    I've had my KeyOne for 5 days. It's a slick looking phone and I feel like I'm a part of a special, secret club. My previous phone was a Priv. I love my phone so far, but I am having issues with notifications. The voicemail notification doesn't show up, and I'm not sure yet if the missed call LED light works. It seems like notification settings overall are not as straightforward as on the Priv. I'd love some tips and tricks from the OG Keyone users.
    03-03-19 07:48 PM
    Waited impatiently for the eBay International Shipping to produce the phone I had bought on eBay. Sometimes I enjoy taking a chance, so I did a "buy it now" on a KeyOne that was being sold for parts only. The seller described the problems as being unable to charge, random crashing, and overheating sometimes when it could charge, so I read a lot of posts here on CrackBerry and decided I'd risk the $120 US. Well, it arrived today and took some time to get working, but after the 32-second power reset and the compressed air on the charger port, it came back to life and I've been able to resuscitate it. Just finished the updates, and it moved to Oreo 8.1.0, build ABP244. Don't seem to be any problems with overheating now (when I first unpacked it and plugged it in you could have fried an egg on the back of the phone), and now it's trabsferring the content from my DTEK50. Very excited to be able to get this working again, and hopefully it will help console me for moving from my Passport SE. Thanks to all CB regulars for all the help, which made this trip possible.
    sesp9 and gouger05 like this.
    03-05-19 12:31 AM
    I as well have gotten my KEYone brand new on ebay and hope it arrives before I leave for my trip but if not I'll be exited to get it when I get back... I bought mine as a secondary device because I'm tired of hitting random keys on virtual keyboards when I'm typing out long paragraphs.. I only picked up the 3GB/32GB black one but it's more then enough for a secondary device
    sesp9 likes this.
    03-06-19 08:04 PM
    Got mine about a week ago. "Used" but very few hours on it (seller said he used it on an international trip due to the extra security, and used a different phone the rest of the time...) I like my keyboards, I updated from a Stratosphere 2 (basically this is a Galaxy S2 with more RAM.. but still only 1GB... and LTE tacked on.) Quite pleased. Not 100% pleased that the BBB100-3 may not receive Android 8.x, but I was on 4.1 on the Stratosphere so 7.1 is a pretty big upgrade already. Activation was painless. Since my old phone was 4G but not VoLTE capable, it took several hours for whatever to percolate through from Verizon's billing system to the phone switch, advanced calling on the phone would not activate until then. 1x voice quality in my area has always been "good enough" but not great, Iowa City, IA has many many university students on relatively few cell sites; so, having that nice and clear VoLTE is particularly nice in this area.

Cheers!
    --Henry
    04-07-19 01:44 PM
    Should have posted two weeks ago but I forgot. I just got BE KEYone 4/64 the - 039 variant. So far so good.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-07-19 03:40 PM
976 ... 3536373839 ...