KEYone be like...

Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-tw_startrek-1024x545.png
    zephyr613, jmr1015 and chockster like this.
    04-27-17 11:50 AM
    I thought May 5th would be one of first, now I am super impatient (as if I wasn't anyway)... gorging on unboxing YouTube videos now...
    bluesqueen23 and pale_face like this.
    04-27-17 11:54 AM
    KEYone be like...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tw_startrek-1024x545.png 
Views:	755 
Size:	493.3 KB 
ID:	421938
    I very much prefer to type than to talk to an inanimate object and broadcast to everyone what I'm doing. But that's just me...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    dollface, KeithDet and xmasberry like this.
    04-27-17 11:58 AM
    I thought May 5th would be one of first, now I am super impatient (as if I wasn't anyway)... gorging on unboxing YouTube videos now...
    Lol, I always end up watching other videos than what I intend to when going to YT...

04-27-17 11:59 AM
    Great info thanks. Does anyone know if bedside mode is on the Keyone?
    04-27-17 12:02 PM
    Definitely subscribing to this thread to check back in until the 31st of May. Hoping we get availability on all 4 carriers (Verizon, AT&T, TMO, Sprint) here in the states. Fingers crossed we start seeing some advertisements soon.

Thanks for the info guys and gals.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-27-17 12:14 PM
    Attachment 421896

On the bus on the way back to work. Going to prolong the excitement for as long as possible before I rip the packaging off this thing!

Posted via CB10
    SECURE branding on it! Remember some other discussion where the observation was BB not pushing that branding anymore.
    04-27-17 12:24 PM
    I have my KEYone!

SOOO excited to see other people getting them today. Such a photogenic phone. Can't wait to read all of the impressions from new owners.
    04-27-17 12:44 PM
    Kevin. I know you said in your unboxing just go get one. But can you give us some more fun vids when you start feeling better? They are so informative. Would really love it too pass the time while us down in the ok US of A wait till May/ June
    04-27-17 12:48 PM
    Well I don't think I will be able to get one in my country. Going to wait till 31st of May though maybe some miracle will happen.
    04-27-17 12:56 PM
    Normal.. give it a few days to settle in.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I was told about my Priv; it's very scary to hear that the K1 is warm after having a Priv for the last 1.5 years that constantly overheats and slows the performance. I'll be waiting until a carrier has it in the US, so there should be plenty if feedback by then to determine what problems (if any) exist.
    04-27-17 01:22 PM
    Just leaving Selfridges and have decided not to get the Keyone. The sceen is too small for me!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 01:30 PM
    So they still have stock in London?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 01:32 PM
    Just leaving Selfridges and have decided not to get the Keyone. The sceen is too small for me!

Posted via CB10
    You'll stick to your laptop then? Lol

Attachment 421946

04-27-17 01:36 PM
    Yes - people are still buying them as I leave

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 01:42 PM
    Hey guys, just got mine today and all I can say is WOW! Just wanted to post a few quick impressions.

Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-img_20170427_200606.jpg

This phone is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm coming from the Passport (as you can see in my pics below), and first thing I noticed is that this phone is quite light, maybe I didn't realize how heavy the Passport was but this phone feels amazing in the hand and the rubber back gives a fantastic feel.

The bezels between keyboard rows look like bright steel which is a nice touch compared to the Passport's.

Screen is gorgeous and crisp.

About the keyboard - I love that you can type numbers and symbols now without needing to type on the glass.

Also, ofc, love the keyboard scrolling, but it feels like the space bar is not part of the scrolling interface, so need to scroll sort of along the sides around space bar (i.e. left side or right side) if you like doing the full scrolling motion vertically.

Keys feel a littler more plasticky than passport, but I doesn't bother me. The keys on Keyone also have a more "snappier" response than the Passport's which is nice. And I like the "resting" areas on the bottom left and bottom right where there are no keys.

About the browser - I'm missing the Blackberry browser already LOL where I could zoom in and out just by swiping my thumbs on the keyboard, and also miss the shortcuts like pressing "B" to go to bottom of page, or "R" for reader mode. I'm hoping there is a separate app available for the BB browser

But overall, REALLY loving this phone. And although Passport will have a special place in my heart, it did get a bit frustrating at times when there were certain apps you wanted to run..

Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-img_20170427_193642.jpg

Official "I got my KEYone" thread!-img_20170427_193056.jpg
    04-27-17 02:44 PM
    Hey guys, just got mine today and all I can say is WOW! Just wanted to post a few quick impressions.

Name:	IMG_20170427_200606.jpg 
Views:	1718 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	421954

I'm coming from the Passport (as you can see in my pics below), and first thing I noticed is that this phone is quite light, maybe I didn't realize how heavy the Passport was but this phone feels amazing in the hand and the rubber back gives a fantastic feel.

The bezels between keyboard rows look like bright steel which is a nice touch compared to the Passport's.

About the keyboard - I love that you can type numbers and symbols now without needing to type on the glass.

Also, ofc, love the keyboard scrolling, but it feels like the space bar is not part of the scrolling interface, so need to scroll sort of along the sides around space bar (i.e. left side or right side) if you like doing the full scrolling motion vertically.

Keys feel a littler more plasticky than passport, but I doesn't bother me. The keys on Keyone also have a more "snappier" response than the Passport's which is nice. And I like the "resting" areas on the bottom left and bottom right where there are no keys.

About the browser - I'm missing the Blackberry browser already LOL where I could zoom in and out just by swiping my thumbs on the keyboard, and also miss the shortcuts like pressing "B" to go to bottom of page, or "R" for reader mode. I'm hoping there is a separate app available for the BB browser

But overall, REALLY loving this phone. And although Passport will have a special place in my heart, it did get a bit frustrating at times when there were certain apps you wanted to run..

Name:	IMG_20170427_193642.jpg 
Views:	2186 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	421953

Name:	IMG_20170427_193056.jpg 
Views:	2184 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	421955
    Thanks for the post! And I wish BB would release an Android browser with keyboard shortcuts. I have heard there are some Android browsers with them though. Please post them in my master list thread if you know of them!! :-)

skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-27-17 03:03 PM
    I checked the dev mode and cursor doesn't seem to be there
    04-27-17 03:17 PM

Name:	IMG_20170427_200606.jpg 
Views:	1718 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	421954

Thanks for the review. My only concern is overheating. It is running the latest android OS so it is a bit concerning however, hopefully after the phone calibrates, that will diminish. That is one thing iOS does very well.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 03:17 PM

Thanks for the first impressions! Do you know if it's possible to assign key presses to the browser actions you described?

Any thoughts on the camera?
    04-27-17 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the first impressions mate. Looks beautiful!!! How's the backlight on the keyboard? Does it look uniform?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 03:25 PM
    I thought the priv has browser shortuts like B for bottom or T for top. The keyone not? Maybe try a different browser

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-27-17 03:28 PM
    That's what I was told about my Priv; it's very scary to hear that the K1 is warm after having a Priv for the last 1.5 years that constantly overheats and slows the performance. I'll be waiting until a carrier has it in the US, so there should be plenty if feedback by then to determine what problems (if any) exist.
    Exactly. Maybe the heat will dissipate, but after the Priv, I will need to see it to believe it.
    04-27-17 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the post! And I wish BB would release an Android browser with keyboard shortcuts. I have heard there are some Android browsers with them though. Please post them in my master list thread if you know of them!! :-)
    Thanks man, I'll be checkign out your thread. Unfortunately I don't know any. The other great thing is how BB Browser has the URL box at the bottom, not the top, anyway - if anyone has good recs for a browser similar to BB let us know!

Thanks for the review. My only concern is overheating. It is running the latest android OS so it is a bit concerning however, hopefully after the phone calibrates, that will diminish. That is one thing iOS does very well.
    No heating issues at all, actually feels a bit cool tempwise just like my Passport right now. Might need to see after a few restarts and running some apps tomorrow, but so far no heat issues at all.

Thanks for the first impressions mate. Looks beautiful!!! How's the backlight on the keyboard? Does it look uniform?
    Thanks man - backlight looks uniform in normal room. But I went to a dark room and noticed the left group of keys and the right group of keys are both SLIGHTLY brighter vs. the middle group of keys. It is very slight. Not sure if my eyes were playing tricks lol, or if this is intended as a sort of visual "path" effect since most of your thumb scrolling/swiping activity will be done on these areas.
    04-27-17 03:54 PM
    Had mine streaming a podcast and navigating via google maps in Android Auto for a 2 hour trip home in the car. No heating up, was cool as a cucumber when I picked it up out of the car when I got home.
    Cong Tuan Nguyen and Snap51 like this.
    04-27-17 03:56 PM
976 12345 ...