I noticed that both DE and UK have listed the buy option on the bbmobile site from various stores but not directly from TLC/BB.
    Atm this 2 countries are the only ones that have a buy now option that redirects you to a 3'rd party store, I'm wondering where the rest of Europe will buy the phone since right now it appears to be sold only through retailers and not directly like shop.bb is doing with older BB models.
    Any inside or thoughts on this? Am i correct to assume that when the device will have the US/CA/world release we will be able to buy directly from bbmobile?
    05-12-17 06:40 AM
    I kind of doubt TCL will sell them directly rather than teaming up with local retailers to sell their devices.
    05-12-17 06:56 AM
    I kind of doubt TCL will sell them directly rather than teaming up with local retailers to sell their devices.
    If you are right than the monthly updates should be delivered how? For the Priv it was clear that all shop.bb phones get the updates first, than the ones bought from retailers and finally the ones on various carriers, since they will not sell directly the phone should I assume that all bbb100-1 will get the updates at the same time no matter where they have been bought, the same with 100-2 (the exception here being the ones carrier locked)?
    05-12-17 07:24 AM
    No other thoughts on this matter? No inside info?
    05-13-17 03:20 AM
    No other thoughts on this matter? No inside info?
    Nothing so far. As far as I can tell, the same distribution channel will sell the KEYone to resellers in some EU countries, while there are some changes here and there (for example in Germany).
    I suppose this is still developing as TCL makes its agreements with the new channel partners.
    FYI my company is the largest BlackBerry reseller in Hungary, but as for now, thing are a bit chaotic here and also for the rest of the CEE market.
    05-13-17 03:42 AM
    Nothing so far. As far as I can tell, the same distribution channel will sell the KEYone to resellers in some EU countries, while there are some changes here and there (for example in Germany).
    I suppose this is still developing as TCL makes its agreements with the new channel partners.
    FYI my company is the largest BlackBerry reseller in Hungary, but as for now, thing are a bit chaotic here and also for the rest of the CEE market.
    So in theory, when the phone will be available in my country (Romania, hehe we are neighbors ) it's safe to assume that the stores that will have it, have bought the phone from the same place the stores from UK and DE have, right?
    05-13-17 03:46 AM
    So in theory, when the phone will be available in my country (Romania, hehe we are neighbors ) it's safe to assume that the stores that will have it, have bought the phone from the same place the stores from UK and DE have, right?
    I'm not quite sure, since there are different models (SKUs) for different regions, and also there are different regional distributors (or at least this is how it was in the past). As for the software updates, I guess all european open market models will get the update at the same timeframe.
    05-13-17 04:04 AM
    I'm not quite sure, since there are different models (SKUs) for different regions, and also there are different regional distributors (or at least this is how it was in the past). As for the software updates, I guess all european open market models will get the update at the same timeframe.
    If BlackBerry's current monthly security update release continues, then the US/ CA get theirs first, and quite a number of days later the rest of us, lol.

I'm in Australia, asia pacific BlackBerry region, and it can take two weeks or so to get our security updates, after US release.
    05-13-17 04:14 AM
    If BlackBerry's current monthly security update release continues, then the US/ CA get theirs first, and quite a number of days later the rest of us, lol.

I'm in Australia, asia pacific BlackBerry region, and it can take two weeks or so to get our security updates, after US release.
    Everyone is a second class citizen outside the US borders.
    05-13-17 04:20 AM
    As far as I know there are 2 models, BBB100-1 and BBB100-2, the second one being for EU and Asia while the first for US/CA.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see from where the rest of EU will be able to buy phones.
    05-13-17 04:25 AM
    Have you got your May security update yet?

It's been released for the dteks and priv. ( not my priv yet though)
    05-13-17 04:26 AM
    Have you got your May security update yet?

It's been released for the dteks and priv. ( not my priv yet though)
    No, no may update for my Priv, the april update came towards the end of the month I expect may to be the same.
    05-13-17 04:35 AM
    What about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, has that gotten the May security update?
    Last edited by Heavens1; 05-13-17 at 05:38 AM.
    05-13-17 05:04 AM
    Whawg about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, has that gotten the May security update?
    Yeah, the ppl that have it said the update came already.
    05-13-17 05:13 AM
    European store. I think we must wait and wait.

In germanny they saying that the 3 weeks they mention before is changed into 5 weeks. So 15 june maybe. In the Netherlands there is still no Idea when the device will come and same for belgium.

S
    05-13-17 06:06 AM