Right , but that would mean "factory unlocked" big difference!. But you can buy the phone off contract with Rogers for full price on a month to month agreement.
    You can pay $50 to make your phone factory unlocked if on a month to month.
    What a scam from Rogers. Especially when there is a law in Canada that allows anyone to buy and have it unlocked for free if paid in full.
    05-28-17 11:25 AM
    What a scam from Rogers. Especially when there is a law in Canada that allows anyone to buy and have it unlocked for free if paid in full.
    Maybe it's free now? Go research and verify it directly with them.
    05-28-17 11:27 AM
    Maybe it's free now? Go research and verify it directly with them.
    I have been looking to it last year. That is what it says but not applied by retailers
    05-28-17 11:28 AM
    I called a corp store located in Pacific Center Mall and they guy I spoke with said quote; "They will be available May 31st and you can pre-order them"! My take on that was they prolly had them but werent allowed to sell any till the actual launch date!? Anyways my reservation is going to that location anyways so Im not concerned as its been in shipped status since friday. Typically I just go in as they usually have bb devices in stock as was the case with getting the PRIV.
    05-28-17 11:32 AM
    No there isn't.

From the CRTC Wireless Code

1.*Unlocking

A service provider that provides a*locked device*to the customer as part of a contract must

for subsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, upon request, at the rate specified by the service provider , no later than 90 calendar days after the contract start date.

for unsubsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, at the rate specified by the service provider, upon request.
    05-28-17 04:04 PM
    No there isn't.

From the CRTC Wireless Code
    Where is the rest of it?
    05-28-17 04:19 PM
    Where is the rest of it?
    You're not seeing my quote? The section on unlocking is pretty clear in the link. Nothing about free unlocks.
    05-28-17 04:22 PM
    5. If a consumer purchases a cellular telephone from a provider without entering into a service contract of at least six months in duration with the provider or if the consumer pays the total cost of the telephone handset before taking possession of it, the provider must, on the request of the consumer at any time after the purchase, remove free of charge any network lock that has been applied to the telephone.
    05-28-17 04:37 PM
    Bill C-343
    05-28-17 04:40 PM
    That was a private member's bill that has not become law.

https://openparliament.ca/bills/41-2.../?tab=mentions

05-28-17 05:28 PM
    I am #58 in line with rogers, and exited to get it..
    05-28-17 05:45 PM
    yes it would have been nice to have been passed but at the time there was alot of media attention around this bill but was never really pressured. So it fizzled out and nobody including the crtc has brought it up again. I think issues like this is based on public pressure.
    05-29-17 02:33 AM
    Just got an email from Rogers stating my phone has been shipped to my store!! Looks like I'll have it in my hands on Wednesday can't wait
    I just phoned. its sitting there waiting for me ,I told him I wasn't using a device upgrade as ordered and that I'm not paying an extra 30 a month, as I found out after the fact .. he said he wasn't sure I could get it then, he wont know until I get in there tomorrow. I told him we can call customer service and maybe work something out. I may have to look at another way to get the Keyone. As someone whos combined Rogers bills are 300 + per month I hope they can bend the rules if need be
    05-30-17 07:18 PM
    Yep, played with one fresh out of the box at my friends Rogers store on Thursday and could of purchased it on the spot if I wanted it.Attachment 424007
    The Corp Rogers Plus store I dealt with for all of my BB devices said that my reservation has finally come in BUT they cannot sell them till tomorow, May 31st. The official launch day! So no early sales!😒
    05-30-17 08:06 PM
    Out of the blue, I got an email this evening from Rogers saying my KeyOne has been shipped to my home. This is almost 2 weeks from the May 18 pre- order date when I fumbled through the Rogers website and selected the full cost, pay later option, because I didn't want to mess with my legacy contact with Rogers.

Up until today, no one at Rogers knew the status of my order, and I had not received any confirmation email on my pre-order. And my Rogers account showed no indication of any pre-order.

I had given up on the pre-order and was ready to buy from Amazon on June 1st.

Rogers thinks like a monopoly.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to using this new phone to take my productivity to a new level. No more battery anxiety.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 08:56 PM
    FYI for next time you order a reservation device. They use to email with tracking numbers for your pre-reserved ship outs and they stopped doing that as far as I know from getting new devices the past couple of years. However, shipping and tracking id will always be noted on your account. I fould this out when I ordered the PRIV. All we usually get two email. One about the 40$ credit reversed on your account and another about your new device on its way being shipped to your local destination. And I always ship to a corp Rogers Plus store as they get the speediest shiopments.
    05-30-17 10:57 PM
    I initially did a pre order to be shipped to by home. While i didn't get any email or more of any kind on my online account I had no trouble with confirming and then cancelling via the online chat support. They were very clear that it would ship until today. That is why i cancelled and opted for in store reservation. Mine is at the local store and am picking it up in two hours.
    05-31-17 06:24 AM
    Got my email from Rogers last night that it was shipped, checked the tracking this morning and it'll be at my house by end of the day. Pre ordering online worked great.
    05-31-17 07:59 AM
    Got my email from Rogers last night that it was shipped, checked the tracking this morning and it'll be at my house by end of the day. Pre ordering online worked great.
    Good for you.
    When did you preorder?
    I did on 18th. still show in progress.
    Wonder if I can go to Rogers to buy 1 and cancel the preorder.
    05-31-17 08:10 AM
    Good for you.
    When did you preorder?
    05-31-17 08:11 AM
    Good for you.
    When did you preorder?
    I Pre ordered on the 19th. Live in Winnipeg so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
    05-31-17 08:18 AM
    I Pre ordered on the 19th. Live in Winnipeg so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
    Just receive an email from Blackberrymobile. You can buy now. I check. from Rogers Bell and sasktel only. No mention of Amazon.ca
    Appreciate your quick reply. Have fun. Lol.
    05-31-17 08:21 AM
    Just receive an email from Blackberrymobile. You can buy now. I check. from Rogers Bell and sasktel only. No mention of Amazon.ca
    Appreciate your quick reply. Have fun. Lol.
    I'm actually out of town right now so it'll still be a couple days before I get my hands on it. Looking forward to it tho!
    05-31-17 08:32 AM
    I'm having some horror stories... I'm going to pick up my keyone from Rogers in about 4 hours.

It's a new account and I want to do an outright purchase with no plan, is this possible??

Worst case I can do a no term with the cheapest monthly plan and cancel after a month right?
    05-31-17 09:09 AM
    Look what I have )
    Attached Thumbnails Offical Rogers - alt=  
    05-31-17 09:11 AM
181 ... 5678