when you pre order, will you get it the 31st or before ?
    Just checked with rogers rep not to long ago it'll be on the 31st even if pre ordered
    05-18-17 10:01 PM
    Done and done.
    23 of 23.
    1 day to process and an email will be sent with the actual cost of the phone - shouldnt be an issue since its an outright purchase vs an upgrade on a corporate plan.

Fingers crossed no hiccups.
    Been almost 24 hours. What is the total pre-orders in the que? Asking to judge demand on day one. Also assuming the que numbers represents all Rogers, not just local stores.
    05-19-17 03:33 AM
    did you order directly on rogers.com? new device purchase and online activation? I had miserable results, the choose tele# page crashed on me.
    05-19-17 08:13 AM
    as of 0928hrs EST; my reservation queue is #23 out of 186

havent gotten any email from Rogers regarding fulfillment. But the site shows the order with shipping, billing and total cost with taxes.
    chagheill likes this.
    05-19-17 08:29 AM
    as of 0928hrs EST; my reservation queue is #23 out of 186

havent gotten any email from Rogers regarding fulfillment. But the site shows the order with shipping, billing and total cost with taxes.
    Do you think the 186 number is for all Rogers nationwide or just your store?
    05-19-17 08:37 AM
    I wasn't given an option to choose a store pick up.
    Just a shipping address so I would assume it would be A queue for all of Canada's.
    Which is pretty low.
    05-19-17 08:42 AM
    ^ I'm curious about this as well...that be pretty low no?

Maybe they were right with Europe first. UK sold out at one store, and if this is a true figure - Rogers moved close to 200 nationwide.

*Edit: I can't see Att moving more as well if it were carrier issued. Eek.
    05-19-17 08:43 AM
    Agreed. 186 is a low number nationwide 24 hours into launch. Of course, this is just speculation. We do not know how Rogers counts this and if its accurate.
    05-19-17 08:52 AM
    Here is the option.
    Attached Thumbnails Offical Rogers - alt=  
    05-19-17 08:53 AM
    Did those of you who chose pay later receive a queue number?
    05-19-17 09:01 AM
    Agreed. 186 is a low number nationwide 24 hours into launch. Of course, this is just speculation. We do not know how Rogers counts this and if its accurate.
    This also brings up the 'set' delay to meet demand. I hope those are 1k skid numbers not actual units.

Can our Canadian friends confirm, if you had pre ordered Iphones...how did these figures looked? I guess "in line #"...
    05-19-17 09:03 AM
    This also brings up the 'set' delay to meet demand. I hope those are 1k skid numbers not actual units.

Can our Canadian friends confirm, if you had pre ordered Iphones...how did these figures looked? I guess "in line #"...
    No advertising equals low sales I don't have to say anything more
    05-19-17 09:22 AM
    choose the 'pay now, get it later option'
    my CC has not been charged as of today either.
    05-19-17 09:30 AM
    I wonder how many of the 186 preorders are CB users :O
    cmykink likes this.
    05-19-17 09:44 AM
    Where are the Canadians complaining about being "screwed" over the price because $549 USD /might/ make the KEYone $749 CAD? Direct exchange rate would be $741 CAD and it sure looks like the actual sale price is from $649-$699 CAD.
    05-19-17 03:26 PM
    Where are the Canadians complaining about being "screwed" over the price because $549 USD /might/ make the KEYone $749 CAD? Direct exchange rate would be $741 CAD and it sure looks like the actual sale price is from $649-$699 CAD.
    Ummm, when you earn Canadian dollars we always pay in CDN; unfortunately in this case we are paying more 30% more than people in US.
    In US you make USD and pay in USD.
    See the difference?.
    For example a coke is a dollar CDN from the machine. In the US the coke is a dollar USD from the machine.

The problem is BlackBerry reports it's earnings in USD and does not want to give up margin just to be nice to Canada.
    The reality is that US citizens pay less for products when the company reports it's earnings in USD.
    Apple charges way more for its iPhones in Canada just so it can get same margin as US buyers.
    Fair to US consumers, not fair to Canadian consumers.

Sadly it applies to CDN sports teams. Revenues are in Canadian but they pay players in USD. So it really sucks when exchange rate is so different in negative way.

It works in Canada's favour when we manufacture a product in Canada and sell to US. Instant 30% competitive advantage.
    05-19-17 03:58 PM
    Ummm, when you earn Canadian dollars we always pay in CDN; unfortunately in this case we are paying more 30% more than people in US.
    In US you make USD and pay in USD.
    See the difference?.
    For example a coke is a dollar CDN from the machine. In the US the coke is a dollar USD from the machine.

The problem is BlackBerry reports it's earnings in USD and does not want to give up margin just to be nice to Canada.
    The reality is that US citizens pay less for products when the company reports it's earnings in USD.
    Apple charges way more for its iPhones in Canada just so it can get same margin as US buyers.
    Fair to US consumers, not fair to Canadian consumers.

Sadly it applies to CDN sports teams. Revenues are in Canadian but they pay players in USD. So it really sucks when exchange rate is so different in negative way.

It works in Canada's favour when we manufacture a product in Canada and sell to US. Instant 30% competitive advantage.
    All of this is wrong. Even minimum wage in the US is no where near the Canadian min wage.
    05-19-17 04:03 PM
    All of this is wrong. Even minimum wage in the US is no where near the Canadian min wage.
    Sorry but this has nothing to do affordability. Canada also has way higher income taxes and other taxes so you can't argue minimum wage.

This has everything to do with profit for TCL. If they sell a KEYone for $500 USD. Then sell for $500 CDN in Canada then which device are they making more $$ on?
    05-19-17 04:11 PM
    I will pay the I don't use Rogers delay tax..... common Telus/Bell
    05-19-17 04:19 PM
    Sorry but this has nothing to do affordability. Canada also has way higher income taxes and other taxes so you can't argue minimum wage.

This has everything to do with profit for TCL. If they sell a KEYone for $500 USD. Then sell for $500 CDN in Canada then which device are they making more $$ on?
    That's like saying the Japanese keyone should sell for 500 yen ...

Also, income tax for low income individuals, comes out to very little after available deductions and credits.
    05-19-17 04:19 PM
    You can't go wrong for $0 on a 2 year contract for those of you wanting to go the carrier route.
    05-19-17 04:22 PM

They would be making more money on the U.S. sale.

$549 USD ~= $741 CAD at the moment.

For the same profit margin, they would need to sell the KEYone at $741 CAD. Some people were speculating that the KEYone would land for $799 CAD, thus making Canadians pay more. The pricing looks to be $649-$699 CAD, so Canadians are actually paying /less/ than their U.S. counterparts.

I'm just wondering where those people who were complaining about the speculated $799 CAD price are? They were quite critical about pricing and Canadians are actually being treated to a "nicer" price. Where are the mea culpas?

Brits are paying $449 GBP, not $421 GBP as a direct currency exchange would have it. They have reason to complain they're paying more.

As for earnings, I know my job pays the same in GBP as it does in USD; that is, if I were to move to England, I'd be payed a smaller number in GBP. A 1 GBP Coke costs more than a $1 USD Coke, in much the same way as a $1 USD Coke costs more than a $1 CAD Coke.
    jakie55 likes this.
    05-19-17 04:33 PM

Also, income tax for low income individuals, comes out to very little after available deductions and credits.
    Wow so missing the point. That's why TCL does not charge the same in each Country because TCL, Apple, Samsung etc want to make the exact same margin per device everywhere in the world. In this case the margin is counted in USD. They don't care if it's fair. Non US countries will all pay more for the same device.
    BTW, low income people in general won't be buying this phone in any country.
    Not sure why you are bringing affordability into this?

Companies don't care! It's all about profit!
    Unfortunately, non USA people buying this phone are paying more than people in US. (Assuming you are paid in currency of country you live in)
    Simple economics 101. I would hate to run a business with you :-)
    05-19-17 04:33 PM

How many 500 yen KEYone's can I buy? I'll take the lot...
    05-19-17 04:34 PM
    Wow so missing the point. That's why TCL does not charge the same in each Country because TCL, Apple, Samsung etc want to make the exact same margin per device everywhere in the world. In this case the margin is counted in USD. They don't care if it's fair. Non US countries will all pay more for the same device.
    BTW, low income people in general won't be buying this phone in any country.
    Not sure why you are bringing affordability into this?

Companies don't care! It's all about profit!
    Unfortunately, non USA people buying this phone are paying more than people in US. (Assuming you are paid in currency of country you live in)
    Simple economics 101. I would hate to run a business with you :-)
    Canadians are paying $649-$699 CAD, so the profit margin is less for TCL.
    05-19-17 04:36 PM
181 12345 ...