Got this strange promotion line on top - any idea what, why and how to get rid off?
    Attached Thumbnails Odd promotion banner problem.-screenshot_20190608-124741.jpg  
    06-08-19 10:52 AM
    Got this strange promotion line on top - any idea what, why and how to get rid off?
    It's from an app you downloaded.
    06-08-19 11:06 AM
    It's from an app you downloaded.
    Makes sense - tku
    06-08-19 11:08 AM
    Try going to,

Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Advanced -> Special app access -> Display over other apps

You can also search for "Display over other apps" from the main Settings page.

From there go through the list and disable access for each app that is Allowed. Every time you disable an app check to see if the message is gone from the Home screen. If it is then you'll know which app is causing the problem.
    FF22, bbone99 and sorgo like this.
    06-08-19 12:21 PM
    good article regarding this
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/androi...popup-adverts/

Also, uninstall all apps you are not using this is always worth spending 10 minutes.
    06-09-19 04:06 AM
    Try going to,

Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Advanced -> Special app access -> Display over other apps

You can also search for "Display over other apps" from the main Settings page.

From there go through the list and disable access for each app that is Allowed. Every time you disable an app check to see if the message is gone from the Home screen. If it is then you'll know which app is causing the problem.
    Tku - unfortunately i couldn't find those settings, also i deleted the last 3 apps which where under suspicion, but nothing changed, the promotion logo keeps coming back and also other commercials. I actually would have expaected that DTEK should have detected this malware but all seems fine from that side - and i got my BlackBerry K1 is now almost 2 years and never had something like that. Guess will have to do a fully sec wipe 😒
    06-13-19 09:38 AM
    Tku - unfortunately i couldn't find those settings, also i deleted the last 3 apps which where under suspicion, but nothing changed, the promotion logo keeps coming back and also other commercials. I actually would have expaected that DTEK should have detected this malware but all seems fine from that side - and i got my BlackBerry K1 is now almost 2 years and never had something like that. Guess will have to do a fully sec wipe ������
    I noticed your system text isn't in English, is there any similar wording to "display over other apps" in your device settings?
    06-14-19 12:40 AM
    I noticed your system text isn't in English, is there any similar wording to "display over other apps" in your device settings?
    I usually switsch to English when trying to duplicate settings - is it the 'draw over other apps' menue that you where speaking about? See attn.
    Attached Thumbnails Odd promotion banner problem.-screenshot_20190614-090847.jpg  
    06-14-19 02:11 AM
    Yes. Look under 'draw over other apps'
    Invictus0 likes this.
    06-14-19 04:38 AM
    Yes. Look under 'draw over other apps'
    Ok - I refused access for most of the apps there now, let's see how it goes and the will try reinstalling those deleted apps and aswell deny access there - will report back these days !
    Invictus0 likes this.
    06-14-19 05:03 AM
    ok - so refusing access to app hasn't worked - I only got three BlackBerry apps (launcher, keyboard and phone) with granted access but the commercials keep coming back.

too bad any other hints or ideas?
    06-15-19 09:38 AM
    ok - so refusing access to app hasn't worked - I only got three BlackBerry apps (launcher, keyboard and phone) with granted access but the commercials keep coming back.

too bad any other hints or ideas?
    Can you try doing the same for "picture-in-picture"? Also, who is your carrier and where did you buy the KeyOne from?
    06-15-19 03:13 PM
    Can you try doing the same for "picture-in-picture"? Also, who is your carrier and where did you buy the KeyOne from?
    Tku! Ok - did that with PIP too, but the banner keeps coming back 😐...
    My KeyOne is unlocked using sunrise as a carrier back in Switzerland.
    So I gues the last thing is fully security wipe - ? ...or is there other things or tools?
    06-16-19 03:28 AM
    Tku! Ok - did that with PIP too, but the banner keeps coming back ������...
    My KeyOne is unlocked using sunrise as a carrier back in Switzerland.
    So I gues the last thing is fully security wipe - ? ...or is there other things or tools?
    Strange, I wonder if it's a system level app that's causing it. I'm not able to find anything about carrier bloat, is DTEK showing any warnings about it?
    06-16-19 01:05 PM
    Strange, I wonder if it's a system level app that's causing it. I'm not able to find anything about carrier bloat, is DTEK showing any warnings about it?
    No - no warnings from DTEK, and yes - it's strange and anoying the other day while using the HERE-app and navigating while driving a game add show up, blocking all screen ...
    06-17-19 01:11 AM
    No - no warnings from DTEK, and yes - it's strange and anoying the other day while using the HERE-app and navigating while driving a game add show up, blocking all screen ...
    I'm out of ideas, it's possible a rogue app may have installed something. You should see it in Settings -> Apps, if there's nothing there then a wipe after backing up important files might be the only thing left to try.
    06-17-19 08:23 AM