The file is named TMPSVN by the update app before installing. After installing it shows build number AAP638. Same in settings - about phone.

Maybe it stands for TeMPorary SubVersioN?
    Thanx for info
    11-03-17 01:51 PM
    UK unlocked in Germany still waiting......... What did the UK do wrong to get the shaft each month?
    11-04-17 01:48 AM
    Here is the latest explanation from BBM. Now, they point out the need of adapting the Updates for full compatibility in every region (literal copy of BBM support answer): "Please note that updates are handled by the Updates application. It could take some time to be properly configured for each region, hence there will be delays, but only to assure full compatibility".
    11-04-17 04:23 AM
    We must start a worldwide press campaign about products with the name BlackBerry on it and how they practice the security updates !!!
    11-04-17 04:31 AM
    We must start a worldwide press campaign about products with the name BlackBerry on it and how they practice the security updates !!!
    Please create a support ticket at BBM website. The more the better. This is a way of creating concern-awareness!!
    11-04-17 05:05 AM
    Weird thing ... Still nothing (UK)
    11-06-17 01:23 PM
    Stil nothing new for my Blackberry KeyOne Black Edition in germany... Still September
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    11-06-17 02:57 PM
    Still on August patch here. I have a BlackBerry KeyOne Black Edition living in Dubai
    11-06-17 05:50 PM
    Please create a support ticket at BBM website. The more the better. This is a way of creating concern-awareness!!
    Did this, they take your details, do nothing then close the ticket! However, you are right, if we all do it, it will show up in their statistics. Or give us a proper explanation (i.e. not treating us like children).
    11-07-17 04:11 AM
    Did this, they take your details, do nothing then close the ticket! However, you are right, if we all do it, it will show up in their statistics. Or give us a proper explanation (i.e. not treating us like children).
    So after I submitted my ticket then the support engineer told me to dial some number on the dial pad to check-in. I did that but no update showed up. Then today when I did the update myself manually by using the FOTA Test Mode. I shared the instructions with him and told him to spread this amongst his team and to the management. He replied back and thanked me and told me that he will forward my solution to the management. Pretty sad you get more help on a forum than you do with actual tech support.
    SarahHill365 likes this.
    11-07-17 04:53 AM
    the support engineer told me to dial some number on the dial pad to check-in. I did that but no update showed up.
    It still baffles me why they would suggest that. The KEYone gets its updates from TCL's servers. The code you dialed (*#*#CHECKIN#*#*) only checks into Google's servers. There's no update there for the KEYone, that's why it didn't do anything.

Then today when I did the update myself manually by using the FOTA Test Mode. I shared the instructions with him and told him to spread this amongst his team and to the management. He replied back and thanked me and told me that he will forward my solution to the management.
    Problem is: They removed access to the Test Mode in recent updates. So there's currently no easy way to install updates for a different variant to your device.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-07-17 06:03 AM
    It still baffles me why they would suggest that. The KEYone gets its updates from TCL's servers. The code you dialed (*#*#CHECKIN#*#*) only checks into Google's servers. There's no update there for the KEYone, that's why it didn't do anything.

Problem is: They removed access to the Test Mode in recent updates. So there's currently no easy way to install updates for a different variant to your device.
    yeah I realized that. So not only does TCL suck with updates, and now they removed the only way we had to grab the updates ourselves! good job TCL! NOT!
    11-07-17 06:25 AM
    I may have to look into a Pixel 2 XL. Need to see if I can live with that screen.
    11-07-17 11:52 AM
    Blackedition still no Update in Germany. Silver Edition got the update. That is totally nonsense
    11-07-17 11:55 AM
    Absolutely nonsense... BBM support team apologises and apologises all the time but no feedback from supervisors. I feel bad saying this being a BB fan... but this is POOR technical support.
    FF22 and SarahHill365 like this.
    11-07-17 12:00 PM
    BBB100-2 in Switzerland. Still on September update. The main reason why i bought the the black KeyOne, was the security patches. sad
    11-08-17 05:17 AM
    I bought it because of keyboard camera batterylife buildquality secure software. the monthly update is important and promised. but sadly it's not here till now. but if the only reason to buy a phone is the security patches you should have chosen a Google phone
    11-08-17 06:29 AM
    I bought it because of keyboard camera batterylife buildquality secure software. the monthly update is important and promised. but sadly it's not here till now. but if the only reason to buy a phone is the security patches you should have chosen a Google phone
    The main reason, not the only...
    11-08-17 09:37 AM
    Just got AAQ302 on BBB100-2 german MediaMarkt silver KeyOne, after AAPxxx a few days ago.
    Security Oct 5...
    FuzzyManas likes this.
    11-08-17 11:20 AM
    Just got AAQ302 on BBB100-2 german MediaMarkt silver KeyOne, after AAPxxx a few days ago.
    Security Oct 5...
    Mmmm why not in other European countries? It does not make any sense
    11-08-17 01:48 PM
    just autoload without wipe if you care that much
    11-08-17 01:51 PM
    thanks to Germany! i used my VPN and selected Germany and voila, there is the update! BB100-2
    11-08-17 01:55 PM
    thanks to Germany! i used my VPN and selected Germany and voila, there is the update! BB100-2
    That wouldn't do it. Updates are distributed via PRD code, not physical location. Must have been a coincidence.

What is your PRD model?
    11-08-17 02:06 PM
    There is no logic to it.
    Half of Europe have it........ The UK unlocked phones are always late.
    Are these early phones more fragile?
    11-08-17 02:10 PM
    There is no logic to it.
    Half of Europe have it........ The UK unlocked phones are always late.
    Are these early phones more fragile?
    AAQ302 has been authorized by 8 more BBB100-2 jurisdictions since yesterday.
    11-08-17 02:17 PM
252 ... 678910 ...