No. If they change their mentality people and carriers can believe in this fine product.
    BlackBerry Android updates are more regular than most devices that carriers have, so I'm not sure how that would make any difference to them.

Frankly, carriers generally hate updates, as it gives their support teams more to deal with. It's Google that wants updates pushed for the good of the brand and the ecosystem.
    10-25-18 10:44 AM
    BlackBerry Android updates are more regular than most devices that carriers have, so I'm not sure how that would make any difference to them.

Frankly, carriers generally hate updates, as it gives their support teams more to deal with. It's Google that wants updates pushed for the good of the brand and the ecosystem.
    Conite, as I said in my "O.K."-post above, I am with you. The point is: BBMo should say the same as you. That means they should stop proclaiming " monthly security updates" in every presentation of a new device, as they did at last at the presentation of the KeyTwo LE in Berlin and in the videos. If BBMo would declare, they bring updates and security patches as Google proclaims, noone would feel mocked up and most of us here would be satisfied. And satisfied consumers can report to their friends in another way than today.
    Elky64 and terminatorx like this.
    10-25-18 11:16 AM
    Conite, as I said in my "O.K."-post above, I am with you. The point is: BBMo should say the same as you. That means they should stop proclaiming " monthly security updates" in every presentation of a new device, as they did at last at the presentation of the KeyTwo LE in Berlin and in the videos. If BBMo would declare, they bring updates and security patches as Google proclaims, noone would feel mocked up and most of us here would be satisfied. And satisfied consumers can report to their friends in another way than today.
    Meh.

"Best cup of coffee in the city".
    10-25-18 11:30 AM
    Meh.

I don't unterstand this " argument". It is not
    my style of discussion.
    Last edited by CrackPriv; 10-25-18 at 12:30 PM.
    10-25-18 11:33 AM
    I definitely agree. Truthful language is important, because otherwise, we'll end up with zero words that can be taken seriously!
    FF22 and terminatorx like this.
    10-25-18 04:00 PM
    what they said!
    10-25-18 04:42 PM
    Are "monthly security updates" a fake ?
    No but the concept of MONTHLY security updates is FAKE NEWS and deceptive advertising!
    Bostil1987 likes this.
    10-26-18 11:25 AM
    October 29th, 2018: still no security patches for october, still on september...though the DTEK app says there is an update available... manaully updating does not help...
    10-29-18 07:01 AM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ is still rocking the July 1, 2018 update. The most(ly) secure Android device.
    10-30-18 06:04 PM
    Meh.

I wouldn't care as much about the late monthly updates as long as my device wasn't broken from newer updates. For example, over a year ago I was using Google Pay all the time on my K1. Now ever since I got the pos Oreo around Aug, it's no longer working. Also my device shows as not certified with abg366. This is beyond f'ed conite. I thought I would never say this, but I am really disappointed and thinking of just getting a Pixel. The physical keyboard is great, but this mickey mouse patch n' break schedule is very tiring. You need to understand peoples frustration instead of always trying to defend these guys at every opportunity.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    10-30-18 08:04 PM
    I wouldn't care as much about the late monthly updates as long as my device wasn't broken from newer updates. For example, over a year ago I was using Google Pay all the time on my K1. Now ever since I got the pos Oreo around Aug, it's no longer working. Also my device shows as not certified with abg366. This is beyond f'ed conite. I thought I would never say this, but I am really disappointed and thinking of just getting a Pixel. The physical keyboard is great, but this mickey mouse patch n' break schedule is very tiring. You need to understand peoples frustration instead of always trying to defend these guys at every opportunity.
    We were talking about the marketing of "monthly" security patches.

But, yes, I can sympathize with your issues - although I have personally not experienced them.
    10-30-18 11:31 PM
    But, yes, I can sympathize with your issues - although I have personally not experienced them.
    Not a single problem since upgrading to Oreo? Which PRD and which carrier?
    10-31-18 12:16 AM
    Not a single problem since upgrading to Oreo? Which PRD and which carrier?
    63116-001
    10-31-18 12:17 AM
    I thought I would never say this, but I am really disappointed and thinking of just getting a Pixel.
    I was all set on taking T-Mobile up on their One Plus 6T trade in offer this morning until I learned the 6T takes away both the headphone jack and the notification light. The light is one of those key features that drove me to the KEYone from an iPhone.
    10-31-18 12:20 AM
    We were talking about the marketing of "monthly" security patches.

Which model do you have and what PRD number?

Mine is a black edition K1 *-039
    10-31-18 10:06 AM
    Which model do you have and what PRD number?

Mine is a black edition K1 *-039
    63116-001

Silver, NA.
    10-31-18 10:08 AM
    63116-001

Silver, NA.
    It's been a few cases so far that I have heard of people not having this issue, but like you they have the silver NA. I wonder what the deal is with the BE, it should have been resolved by now. That's why waiting for these late updates is even more frustrating.
    10-31-18 10:13 AM
    It's been a few cases so far that I have heard of people not having this issue, but like you they have the silver NA. I wonder what the deal is with the BE, it should have been resolved by now. That's why waiting for these late updates is even more frustrating.
    Black Edition on Oreo.
    No issues at all.
    Though I don't use Google Pay.
    10-31-18 11:08 AM
    Black Edition on Oreo.
    No issues at all.
    With the crazy number of variants of the BE that information is suitably vague. And also, some lucky users have already received at least one update post-Oreo. Please post your PRD, OS release number, and carrier.
    10-31-18 11:58 AM
    Black Edition on Oreo.
    No issues at all.
    I was talking specifically about Google Pay, which has ceased to work ever since Oreo rolled out on my phone. Other than that glaring issue, my BE also works fine!
    10-31-18 07:36 PM
    I was talking specifically about Google Pay, which has ceased to work ever since Oreo rolled out on my phone. Other than that glaring issue, my BE also works fine!
    My bad then.
    10-31-18 09:18 PM
    My bad then.
    Hi . I have bb keyone black edition prd 100 - 2 63117-040 france . My last up date is june 2018 . My keyone received Oreo 8 ?
    11-30-18 10:55 AM
47 12