Where is the OTA security patch October 2018 for KeyOne BBB 100-2 ? (Germany Vodafone)?
    Felipe Arriaza likes this.
    10-25-18 08:30 AM
    Where is the OTA security patch October 2018 for KeyOne BBB 100-2 ? (Germany Vodafone)?
    What is your PRD?
    10-25-18 08:33 AM
    Welcome to BBMobile and BlackBerry Ltd. Security updates are never on time or consistent. Get a Pixel if you want a secure Android experience.
    10-25-18 08:36 AM
    What is your PRD?
    What is PRD?
    10-25-18 08:36 AM
    it is inconsistent, I see many other versions have it already but the big three in Canada are not even showing up as nearly ready for ota, sill calling it the October update when we are almost in November
    10-25-18 08:37 AM
    Welcome to BBMobile and BlackBerry Ltd. Security updates are never on time or consistent. Get a Pixel if you want a secure Android experience.
    Are "monthly security updates" a fake ?
    10-25-18 08:37 AM
    What is PRD?
    Attached Thumbnails October security patch for KeyOne BBB 100-2-17422.jpg  
    10-25-18 08:39 AM
    What is your PRD?
    Attached Thumbnails October security patch for KeyOne BBB 100-2-17422.jpg  
    10-25-18 08:41 AM
    Monthly updates is just a single component of overall device security. Google's own Enterprise recommendation is one every three months, and their proposed minimum for all is 4 per year (same but different).

http://help.blackberry.com/en/securi...y-Guide-en.pdf
    nrussell18 and bibbula like this.
    10-25-18 08:45 AM
    Monthly updates is just a single component of overall device security. Google's own Enterprise recommendation is one every three months, and their proposed minimum is 4 per year.

http://help.blackberry.com/en/securi...y-Guide-en.pdf
    I'm sure the root of trust provides a high level of comfort for someone running the May update of 7.1.
    10-25-18 08:48 AM
    I'm sure the root of trust provides a high level of comfort for someone running the May update of 7.1.
    It's Integrity Detection that is the source of comfort.

Real-time analysis of app behavior, and checksum on all system files.
    bibbula likes this.
    10-25-18 08:50 AM
    Oh yay!! This argument again. We aren't allowed to point out that they are behind in security updates without conite chiming in about how we shouldn't care.
    anon(10218918), Moon_Man and FF22 like this.
    10-25-18 08:52 AM
    It's Integrity Detection that is the source of comfort.

Real-time analysis of app behavior, and checksum on all system files.
    Broken 5G wifi on 7.1 using K1 May update. Broken Google Pay on some K1 users using 8.1 on the August or September patch. But the real time analysis is great stuff.
    terminatorx likes this.
    10-25-18 08:53 AM
    Oh yay!! This argument again. We aren't allowed to point out that they are behind in security updates without conite chiming in about how we shouldn't care.
    I didn't say you shouldn't care, I was just pointing out that it's not less secure then a Pixel - which was the contention.

I would take BlackBerry Android with 2 months or better updates (on average), over vanilla Android with monthly updates. Not even close.
    10-25-18 08:53 AM
    Broken 5G wifi on 7.1 using K1 May update. Broken Google Pay on some K1 users using 8.1 on the August or September patch. But the real time analysis is great stuff.
    Are we not talking about security patches?
    bibbula likes this.
    10-25-18 08:54 AM
    Monthly patches provide security and bug fixes. What good is a secure phone when your overall experience is being impacted. I like my K1BE, but my wife's Pixel 2 is phenomenal. Beginning of the month, new updates like clockwork.
    10-25-18 08:56 AM
    Monthly patches provide security and bug fixes. What good is a secure phone when your overall experience is being impacted. I like my K1BE, but my wife's Pixel 2 is phenomenal. Beginning of the month, new updates like clockwork.
    Security updates, and feature / bug fix updates are two different things entirely. I can't speak to the issues that you are having problems with.

Your original contention to which I was responding was that the Pixel is more secure.
    10-25-18 08:59 AM
    Security updates, and feature / bug fix updates are two different things entirely. I can't speak to the issues that you are having problems with.

Your original intention to which I was responding was that the Pixel is more secure.
    Either way, they fail to provide security updates like they promised. They didn't say that might miss a few months, or completely ignore a specific PRD for like 6 months. It's like a dart board. That is not a secure android device. This explains why my employer (a Canadian Bank) are using iPhones, not not Android BlackBerry's. And the remaining BB10 devices are going to be shut off at the end of the quarter. It's pathetic.
    Elky64 and G_Unit MVP like this.
    10-25-18 09:04 AM
    Blackberry Mobile still advertises with "monthly security patches". Such fake advertisement should be forbidden.

No wonder that only a few buy BBMos.
    -I really like BlackBerries (also the newer ones), but BBMo/TCL is the wrong partner!
    Ahmedgamel and gg bb like this.
    10-25-18 09:14 AM
    That is not a secure android device. This explains why my employer (a Canadian Bank) are using iPhones, not not Android BlackBerry's.
    Well, it IS more secure than any other Android device, and the reason the bank doesn't use it is because Apple (and Samsung) are much more future-proof brands.
    10-25-18 09:41 AM
    Blackberry Mobile still advertises with "monthly security patches". Such fake advertisement should be forbidden.

No wonder that only a few buy BBMos.
    -I really like BlackBerries (also the newer ones), but BBMo/TCL is the wrong partner!
    Got anyone else lined up?

Still infinitely better than the ONLY alternative - no devices at all.

Personally, I love the hardware (as good or better than anything BlackBerry ever had made for them directly), and am fine with, on average, 10 updates a year.
    10-25-18 09:41 AM
    Got anyone else lined up?

Still infinitely better than the ONLY alternative - no devices at all.

Personally, I love the hardware (as good or better than anything BlackBerry ever had made for them directly), and am fine with, on average, 10 updates a year.
    O.k. -If they stop mucking up the consumers with fake advertising and come out with true communication ! Without a better quality management and communication service BBMo will not survive. It seems to me as the same asian mentality that was used in Fukushima...
    10-25-18 09:54 AM
    O.k. -If they stop mucking up the consumers with fake advertising and come out with true communication ! Without a better quality management and communication service BBMo will not survive. It seems to me as the same asian mentality that was used in Fukushima...
    If they don't survive it will be because a physical keyboard niche no longer exists as they had hoped. It will not be through administrative minutiae as you suggest.
    10-25-18 09:58 AM
    If they don't survive it will be because a physical keyboard niche no longer exists as they had hoped. It will not be through administrative minutiae as you suggest.
    No. If they change their mentality people and carriers can believe in this fine product.
    Elky64 likes this.
    10-25-18 10:03 AM
    You can certainly care but for everyone complaining in these forums that ain't going to get your device an update so kinda of a waste of time but whatever floats your boat I guess.
    10-25-18 10:20 AM
47 12