1 to 2 months now?? Mine is waiting for me on my front porch, but I feel badly for those who ordered today.
    Attached Thumbnails Now available from Amazon US  for 9!-screenshot_20170531-122621.jpg  
    05-31-17 12:31 PM
    Had they already taken your money?

Mine is supposed to get to me tomorrow, but Amazon still hasn't shipped it yet.
    Im in the same boat. Im not exactly confident its coming at this point, with the monumental failures of this launch so far. I called amazon to ask wtf is going on, and they dude in the India call center immediately offered to refund the extra I paid to upgrade to 1-day shipping. That worries me as well...its as if he knows its not coming as promised, but cant say that... Blackberry, get your s--t together. This is pathetic. You are so lucky us crackberry users are so loyal to tolerate this kind of pathetic launch, customer service, marketing, communication, etc. and you are on thin ice. We are the ones keeping you afloat against all the haters. The least you could do is communicate with us (you know, that pre-register site you made us do, that is now looking like a waste of our time), and get the product in the hands of willing buyers!!
    05-31-17 12:33 PM
    But wait.... wasn't the BS excuse for the delay that they wanted to avoid lack of supply because demand was so high?
    Given that BBMobile never really caught up to the limited UK and Germany release .... it would only be much worse if they had gone early. There wouldn't even be the limited supply they have now.

It hardly seems to be a BS excuse when there still isn't enough to go around even now having run the factories for another several weeks. The comments by the early reviewers that the OS/software was slow and unfinished was likely a large contributing reason to the delay, but as things have rolled out there has been a real scarcity of product.

If BBMobile has been doing USA carrier qualifications ( e.g., Verizon ) those to can drag on as a slow slough, too. I think there has been a number of contributors to the delay.

The fallacy here seems to be that TCL can ramp the production of KeyOnes up to whatever they wave their magic wand to. That probably is not true. There is probably a cap on production capacity.

For example, if the initial demand bubble is 20K /week and the factory can make 10K per week, they would have needed 4 weeks just to perhaps catch up to the early May demand. Adding the USA and Canada would spike that to 40K/week with the same 10K per week factory would just make it go slower for everyone.

Instead they wait until the initial demand bubble does down a bit in UK , Germany and then start the next demand bubble in Canada and USA. There are still probably folks outside of that subset of countries buying outside of those subset of countries. ( so have demand bubbles leaking from other countries.) .

There is no evidence that TCL has warehouse full of phones collecting dust. They don't. It also doesn't make alot of sense for TCL to ramp te factory to a level that is way past the sustain rate for this phone. These initial demand spikes are high but if sales of the phone are going to go from 200K/mo in May-June and then crater to 30K/mo in July having a factory that does around 50K makes more sense long term. BBMobile is spreading demand out over more months to better match the capacity.

BlackBerry Inc repetitively made far more phones then folks bought. They then needs cycles where they dump the phones into the supply chain and did fire sales to get rid of gobs of excess inventory. They did that for years and it really didn't work long term. (they had excess cash flow to cover up that gross sloppiness for years also.... but it was destructive long term none-the-less. It would be even more destructive and at a much quicker pace for TCL. )
    05-31-17 12:45 PM
    I went to check on my phone that I ordered and now it's showing expect one to two months before any more will ship that's on Amazon the GSM carrier
    05-31-17 12:47 PM
    I just received a shipping notification from UPS My Choice that indicates that my Keyone, ordered from Best Buy about 9am EDT will arrive tomorrow. I havent seen anything official from Best Buy yet, but I do have a tracking number. I would have thought that amazon would have been the better choice, but so far, indications look like Best buy will come through.
    05-31-17 12:51 PM
    1 to 2 months now?? Mine is waiting for me on my front porch, but I feel badly for those who ordered today.
    it appears that Amazon's web page updates are being thrown off by all of the activity on the phone. The CDMA page 'disappeared' for hours earlier today ( the product ID was there but text talked about the GSM phone). If go to a desktop web browser the timeline is states that "temporarily out of stock" and no time line. Whatever the manual (human) and automatic administration of the page contents is a bit out of sync.
    ( the time projections are being outdated as even more pre-orders flow in. )

I suspect it will settle down later today. Right now I think it is which semi-cached distributed version you happen to run with whatever app/browser you happen to be using.
    05-31-17 01:03 PM
    Interestingly enough, at 205p EDT on 5/31 I get the official email from Blackberry Mobile stating the Keyone is on sale at Amazon and Best Buy. It came just in time for all the stock to be gone! Kind of funny.
    05-31-17 01:07 PM
    If I didn't want the phone so badly I'd be laughing.

Interestingly enough, at 205p EDT on 5/31 I get the official email from Blackberry Mobile stating the Keyone is on sale at Amazon and Best Buy. It came just in time for all the stock to be gone! Kind of funny.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    05-31-17 01:18 PM
    I just got one too a few moments ago, I impulsively sent a irate reply.
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    05-31-17 01:21 PM
    I also got my "official" email at 1:07pm CST. (2:07pm EST). Funny that everything is out of stock. On the other hand, they got more of my money, because I ordered the dual shell case from the same link.

Which is now promptly out of stock at Amazon less than 15 minutes after I purchased mine. There were only about 17 cases available by the time I got to Amazon. 11 when I was done checking out, and now poof -- gone.

Fantastic launch.
    05-31-17 01:22 PM
    05-31-17 01:24 PM
    if BBMobile had 20K emails registered and knew they only had 6K phones to sell when they sent out the email probably didn't make much of a material difference. Instead of the available phones evaporating in 2-3 hours ( via word of mouth from press release, crackberry, social media , etc.) it would have evaporated in 20-30 (or less ) minutes. Probably an even larger group of about as angry folks because saw a 'buy' button before they could finish the checkout process.

BestBuy has stuff in the pipeline. Amazon probably will get a refresh in a week . If folks just get in line to order they'll get one. ( starting the queue/line earlier wouldn't necessarily have made the wait time any shorter. )
    05-31-17 01:30 PM
    For those who did not get stock I would continue to try both Amazon and Best Buy. I didnt see the link last night that Amazon had stock. I did get up at midnight and checked Amazon and didnt even see the GSM Keyone listed (the international one was the first in my results). It was about 4am when I got up that I realized that I had missed the whole thing. Initially from 4am (EDT) til 9am, Best Buy showed no stock in the Atlanta area, and not available to purchase either, then around 9am, there was stock and it was available for two day and over night shipment , as well as store pick up on Saturday. Things seem pretty fluid, so I would just keep checking.
    05-31-17 01:32 PM
    if BBMobile had 20K emails registered and knew they only had 6K phones to sell when they sent out the email probably didn't make much of a material difference. Instead of the available phones evaporating in 2-3 hours ( via word of mouth from press release, crackberry, social media , etc.) it would have evaporated in 20-30 (or less ) minutes. Probably an even larger group of about as angry folks because saw a 'buy' button before they could finish the checkout process.

BestBuy has stuff in the pipeline. Amazon probably will get a refresh in a week . If folks just get in line to order they'll get one. ( starting the queue/line earlier wouldn't necessarily have made the wait time any shorter. )
    Agree, but you would think the same people that registered on the website are the same people that knew this thing was coming out today, and the same people that have been watching Best Buy and Amazon for stock. Im not interested in bashing TCL or Blackberry Mobile, Im sure its hard to launch a product like this and hit dates, fulfill orders. It is what it is, its just a phone. In the grand scheme of life, not really that important.
    05-31-17 01:35 PM
    it appears that Amazon's web page updates are being thrown off by all of the activity on the phone. The CDMA page 'disappeared' for hours earlier today ( the product ID was there but text talked about the GSM phone). If go to a desktop web browser the timeline is states that "temporarily out of stock" and no time line. Whatever the manual (human) and automatic administration of the page contents is a bit out of sync.
    ( the time projections are being outdated as even more pre-orders flow in. )

I suspect it will settle down later today. Right now I think it is which semi-cached distributed version you happen to run with whatever app/browser you happen to be using.
    It probably doesn't help that people are placing orders and canceling depending on where they think they can get it first.
    05-31-17 02:38 PM
    As of about 45 minutes ago the CDMA version was available on Amazon again, albeit with a "temporarily out of stock" note. Went ahead and ordered it anyway, just to secure a place in line.

On a side note, I'm annoyed that 2 of the 6 reviews aren't reviews of the phone, but one-stars from people complaining about availability.
    05-31-17 03:04 PM
    It probably doesn't help that people are placing orders and canceling depending on where they think they can get it first.
    Yeah ill never understand that with any product/purchase.

"I canceled my order because another store says they have it so I'll just go there."

Tip: don't cancel anything until your purchase is in your hands and paid for.

I would order 2 more from best buy right now if website allowed me to add them to my shopping cart.

But by all means if any of you are frustrated and placed your order prior to 11pm est on May 30th go ahead and cancel your order. It will just help me to move up in the order.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 03:12 PM
    WTF Amazon!? Isnt there a distribution center in Chino, like 45 minutes away ?! Get your sniz together. I wouldve paid a bunch for overnight, but nope. You're making the entire West coast apparently wait an extra day for the horse and buggy to get here. Boo.
    LOL@Horse and buggy. Too funny.
    05-31-17 04:48 PM
    Got my official email from BlackBerry Mobile today at 12:05 pm MST notifying me that the KEYone was available for purchase at Amazon and BestBuy., several hours after both sites reported it to be out of stock. Amazon now reports it will be 1 to 2 months until they will ship any new orders. Sure am glad I took the time to get signed up for pre-order notification.
    05-31-17 04:53 PM
    As of about 45 minutes ago the CDMA version was available on Amazon again, albeit with a "temporarily out of stock" note. Went ahead and ordered it anyway, just to secure a place in line.

On a side note, I'm annoyed that 2 of the 6 reviews aren't reviews of the phone, but one-stars from people complaining about availability.
    It's been back up all day actually, just not available. My order says "Processing" and they will email me when the delivery date becomes available. I ordered early last night
    05-31-17 04:56 PM
    If they happen to have a second one in stock, when you get there, grab it for me

Posted via CB10
    So I finally picked it up! The rep seemed surprised that they still make blackberries and made a comment that he missed it, and I piqued his interest when I told him it was an Android phone. I asked how many were shipped and he said they only got ONE! And Mission Valley got ONE!... Geezus! Come on BBMobile, only 2 in stock in all of San Diego?

At least I got mine tho! 😅😁👍
    Attached Thumbnails Now available from Amazon US  for 9!-20170531_181831.jpg  
    05-31-17 08:42 PM
    So I finally picked it up! The rep seemed surprised that they still make blackberries and made a comment that he missed it, and I piqued his interest when I told him it was an Android phone. I asked how many were shipped and he said they only got ONE! And Mission Valley got ONE!... Geezus! Come on BBMobile, only 2 in stock in all of San Diego?

You look like one happy dude, congrats!
    05-31-17 08:45 PM
    My Amazon order finally shipped. Still scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I was starting to worry.
    05-31-17 08:53 PM

That's insane that there were only 2 in all of San Diego!! Glad you got one of 'em!

Even though Amazon says mine is getting delivered tomorrow, I kept checking the status to see if maybe it would get dropped off today. Spoiler alert - it did not.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 09:29 PM
    I'm one of the ones that ordered mine through Amazon, but via the TCL storefront. Expected delivery was anywhere from a week to two weeks. I received an email a short time ago that it was shipped tonight through FedEx. I'm eager to see the tracking info updated to see exactly when it'll arrive. I would like to believe it will be before next week.
    footnote likes this.
    05-31-17 09:31 PM
370 ... 89101112 ...