Hi there,
    I tried the KeyOne last year and loved it but had one problem with notifications: when I activated Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc. in BB Hub I got every notification twice (one in the hub and a red dot on the app itself) - I hated it and later went back to my iPhone.

I’m still not over BB because I miss the BB10 days and want my PK back.

Is it now with updates possible to only get notifications in the hub? I’m thinking about getting the Key2 at the end of the month because I love that phone from all the YouTube videos and pictures I’ve seen so so much.
    But the notification thing is a big argument for or against it. Hope you guys can help me. If it’s still not working maybe you do have another suggestion - on iOS you can (for example) turn notifications and red dots of for specific apps.
    06-10-18 09:01 AM
    Hi there,
    I tried the KeyOne last year and loved it but had one problem with notifications: when I activated Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc. in BB Hub I got every notification twice (one in the hub and a red dot on the app itself) - I hated it and later went back to my iPhone.

I’m still not over BB because I miss the BB10 days and want my PK back.

Is it now with updates possible to only get notifications in the hub? I’m thinking about getting the Key2 at the end of the month because I love that phone from all the YouTube videos and pictures I’ve seen so so much.
    But the notification thing is a big argument for or against it. Hope you guys can help me. If it’s still not working maybe you do have another suggestion - on iOS you can (for example) turn notifications and red dots of for specific apps.
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Sorry that I can't really answer the question but will pose one back: Do you need to have the underlying Apps showing on the Home screen? If you get the info in the Hub, do you need them elsewhere? I guess they will still have "splats" in the AppDrawer.
    06-10-18 12:35 PM
    I will put the apps only in the app drawer not the home screen because I have the hub. But I don’t want a hub status bar notification and app status bar notification as well. I think I will try the Key2 out and see how it works out...
    06-10-18 12:41 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Sorry that I can't really answer the question but will pose one back: Do you need to have the underlying Apps showing on the Home screen? If you get the info in the Hub, do you need them elsewhere? I guess they will still have "splats" in the AppDrawer.
    It's better to have your most-used apps on the homescreen, it makes flipping from one to another very expedient as they're in static locations instead of using the recents button to select an app that may or may not be in the same spot due to time used. I believe there's a way to shut off the spark but I don't use the BlackBerry launcher.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-10-18 01:53 PM
    I will put the apps only in the app drawer not the home screen because I have the hub. But I don’t want a hub status bar notification and app status bar notification as well. I think I will try the Key2 out and see how it works out...
    Pull down the Notification screen, Press and HOLD on a specific Notification and you get some options - you can control what notices show up, I gather. I've not really played with blocking any.
    06-10-18 07:39 PM
    I've heard there are more notifications options with Android Oreo. Is this true?
    Once our KEYones update, we might have a bit more freedom there.
    06-12-18 01:57 PM