Neen through page 38-42 of manual many times, still don't get it. Here's what I'd like to see (and had on my Classic): Three "profiles"
    1. Normal: sound for call, text and email and What'sapp and alarms
    2. Silent:
    3. Priority: This is the one for when my teenage son is out on the town, if he calls or texts, I want to know, but I don't want to be waken up by emails, alarms or anything

1. Works fine except I get no sound when email arrives. I have set it up in Hub/Settings/my account: Email notificatons is on, Notification Sound is Space Seed, HeadsUp notification is ON, Vibrate is Once. But nothing happens when email arrives
    2: Works fine
    3: Calls work fine, but I get no sound when text arrives, even though in "Priority only allows" it says "Alarms, all messages, all callers"

Man, they made it complicated
    06-25-17 12:27 PM
    Use Sound Profile app by Corcanoe. You can do anything.
    06-25-17 12:36 PM
    Neen through page 38-42 of manual many times, still don't get it. Here's what I'd like to see (and had on my Classic): Three "profiles"
    1. Normal: sound for call, text and email and What'sapp and alarms
    2. Silent:
    3. Priority: This is the one for when my teenage son is out on the town, if he calls or texts, I want to know, but I don't want to be waken up by emails, alarms or anything

1. Works fine except I get no sound when email arrives. I have set it up in Hub/Settings/my account: Email notificatons is on, Notification Sound is Space Seed, HeadsUp notification is ON, Vibrate is Once. But nothing happens when email arrives
    2: Works fine
    3: Calls work fine, but I get no sound when text arrives, even though in "Priority only allows" it says "Alarms, all messages, all callers"

Man, they made it complicated
    But now mail arrived that made a sound. So the only problem I have right now is that I'd like to get the Text sound in Priority Mode, is there an easy fix for that?
    06-25-17 03:17 PM
    Can't really get it to work, do I need to pay for Pro version so actually use it?
    06-27-17 01:03 AM
    Can't really get it to work, do I need to pay for Pro version so actually use it?
    I don't remember. It's been a long time since I bought it, I don't know you get for free. But it can do absolutely anything.
    06-27-17 01:07 AM
    OK, I'll buy it, will spend time on it, and may come back with questions... :-)
    06-27-17 01:11 AM
    Spent hours on it now, and again switched back to Classic. Can somebody help me with specific steps to achieve what I need, or the K1 will go into a drawer, written off as a bad idea.
    I need the following:
    -A normal profile that makes sounds for calls, texts, emails, whatapps, calendar, etc
    -A "my teenage son is out all night" profile, that only makes sounds for calls and texts. I don't want to wake up during the night every time an email arrives.

(In Corcanoe I see no split of email and text, so I can't control receiving sounds for texts and not emails).

Smoke coming out of my ears by now, amazed at how complicated Android is. Even my iPhone, which I'm forced to use for work, is simpler.

Help!
    06-27-17 07:33 AM
    it's androod. some of the menus are a pain to negotiate.
    Last edited by steveCheshire; 06-27-17 at 10:15 AM.
    06-27-17 10:03 AM
    I can't find any way to do this. there are apps on google play e.g. custom text tones that might do it.
    06-27-17 10:14 AM
    You can't get it setup in here?
    06-27-17 10:20 AM
    In my Priority only allows I have Alarms, Remnders, Events, Messages, Calls. I assume that Messages both involve texts and emails, and that then doesn't work for me. I only want to get woken up when my son texts me at night, not when a mail arrives.
    06-27-17 11:14 AM
    Dang. I do find androids settings to be annoying.
    06-27-17 11:29 AM
    Agreed!! Nouget allows for customization and use this App for it,wrks great!!!
    06-27-17 02:56 PM
    "A "my teenage son is out all night" profile, that only makes sounds for calls and texts. I don't want to wake up during the night every time an email arrives."

I'm sure there are various Apps, but within the Nougat:

Under Settings - Sound - Do Not Disturb - Automatic Rules

Here you can select days and times.

Under Settings - Sound - Do Not Disturb - Priority Only Allows

Here you can select only receiving messages from contacts, or specific contacts..

I personally haven't used Priority/Do Not Disturb settings, but I've seen them and perhaps this is what what you mean?
    06-27-17 03:46 PM
    "A "my teenage son is out all night" profile, that only makes sounds for calls and texts. I don't want to wake up during the night every time an email arrives."

I'm sure there are various Apps, but within the Nougat:

Under Settings - Sound - Do Not Disturb - Automatic Rules

Here you can select days and times.

Under Settings - Sound - Do Not Disturb - Priority Only Allows

Here you can select only receiving messages from contacts, or specific contacts..

I personally haven't used Priority/Do Not Disturb settings, but I've seen them and perhaps this is what what you mean?
    You need to set up the Priority profile. It will allow specific contacts to get through.

But Sound Profile has it all. You just need to learn how to use it.
    06-27-17 03:52 PM
    Thanks for all the advice. For now, I've given up, K1 goes back in the drawer. I knew it would be difficult to switch system, but I had hoped that the new world would be better in most areas. Haven't seen it. Except for some nice apps, I found no advantages of Android and tons of complexity. I've now spent maybe 20 hours on this, and while it sort of works, I can't get notifications to work the way I want it, I can't get the led flash to tell me when I have to check it and stop flashing when I looked in the Hub, and to get my critical Calendar and Contacts synchronized with Outlook, I have to have 2 instead of 1 account set up in Outlook, which gives me a few other problems. Sorry to b.... a bit, but do you guys remember BB when it was running on proper BB servers? All mails, including all folders, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, all perfectly synchronized. That's 5-10 years back, one would think that things continuously got better, but it's gotten worse, more complicated for the user and not as good. Sad.

I'll never (voluntarily) give up on owning a BB with a keyboard, but apparently the K1 was not the way into the app world. Now I'm on my Classic, and happier than I've been in weeks.
    06-28-17 04:00 AM
    OK, things have changed. My new Dexcom 24x7 Diabetes monitoring sw can not run on my Classic, but it can on my KEYone, so no turning back now. I've used the KEYone for a week now, reread the manual, and gotten most sorted out. The important notifications are almost perfect, the LEDs I haven't sorted out, so I ignore them for now.

I've found out something useful, the notifications are shown on the top of the screen for a few seconds and then you can see the list of notifications by sliding down once with your finger. All fine. But...you have to be damn fast to read that notification or answer that call, is it possible to adjust the time it takes before the notifications disappear again?
    08-02-17 12:56 PM
    How did you get the dexcom to work on the keyone? I have to turn in a work phone I've had for several years and buy my own, I'd love to get a blackberry product, either keyone or priv, but the Dexcom connectivity is my biggest concern. Did you use xdrip or nightscout?
    08-21-17 03:33 PM
    How did you get the dexcom to work on the keyone? I have to turn in a work phone I've had for several years and buy my own, I'd love to get a blackberry product, either keyone or priv, but the Dexcom connectivity is my biggest concern. Did you use xdrip or nightscout?
    I use xDrip and I'm not sure how but the App worked immediately. Now for 5 weeks. I can only recommend it. I don't know PRIV, only K1
    08-21-17 03:54 PM
    Does anyone know what the wifi symbol with one or two "droplets" on the left side means? Is there a complete symbols list, the user manual does not include this one...
    08-24-17 11:32 AM
    It has nothing to do with WIFI it indicates on which network you are, in your case you are on 3G,try changing in settings ,then mobile network and change your network,I'm in 4G so in place of the two"droplets"I have "4G".

Have fun
    08-24-17 08:38 PM