Due to work and the need for specific work apps, I was passively forced to stick my BB Passport in the drawer of retired phones. (Actually, still use it as mini pc for home wifi)

So, being stuck on a physical keyboard and unable to wait for the KEY2, I picked up the most recent version (4gb ram, or whatever) KEYone.

To get to my question, how do I mute notification sounds for specific things? My biggest issue are my email (Gmail) sounds. Texts, phone, yes I want sounds. Gmail, no!

I went to settings/notifications and thought I disabled (blocked) Gmail sounds but it hasn't worked.

This is my first Android. No doubt, I'm still learning.

Oh a secondary, less important question: swiping down from the top shows notifications. They seem to be separate from the hub. It seems deleting message from hub doesn't delete the swipe down top notification. Can those be linked?

I have many questions, email/gmail sounds my biggest concern right now. Never fails, 10 nonsense emails start coming in right as I begin to fall asleep at night.

Thanks for any help! Sorry for such a wordy post! I would edit it, keep it short and simple but I already pressed submit.
    06-24-18 06:17 AM
    Due to work and the need for specific work apps, I was passively forced to stick my BB Passport in the drawer of retired phones. (Actually, still use it as mini pc for home wifi)

So, being stuck on a physical keyboard and unable to wait for the KEY2, I picked up the most recent version (4gb ram, or whatever) KEYone.

To get to my question, how do I mute notification sounds for specific things? My biggest issue are my email (Gmail) sounds. Texts, phone, yes I want sounds. Gmail, no!

I went to settings/notifications and thought I disabled (blocked) Gmail sounds but it hasn't worked.

This is my first Android. No doubt, I'm still learning.

Oh a secondary, less important question: swiping down from the top shows notifications. They seem to be separate from the hub. It seems deleting message from hub doesn't delete the swipe down top notification. Can those be linked?

I have many questions, email/gmail sounds my biggest concern right now. Never fails, 10 nonsense emails start coming in right as I begin to fall asleep at night.

Thanks for any help! Sorry for such a wordy post! I would edit it, keep it short and simple but I already pressed submit.
    You might want to try:

First, do you have the gmail app also collecting email or did you only set it up in the Hub?

Open Hub, Upper Left menu, Settings, Locate your email account, Scroll down to Email Notifications.... check those settings.

I don't tend to look at the Pull down Notification screen all that often, so I guess I ignore it but generally I don't see many repeats of my email notices. But you might TAP a notice. Sometimes, there's a prompt to stop notifications.

I'm sure that you have lots more questions - new OS, new issues!
    06-24-18 10:42 AM
    Go to settings and search disturb for Do Not Disturb mode and set that up. Not as good as Bedside mode on BB10 but is a passable substitute
    06-24-18 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the info! I turned off notifications in the hub now. Hopefully that does it!

Also, the Gmail app has my same email accounts so apparently I set it up too? I was going to delete them from the Gmail app but, the warning said I'd lose all my emails (on the phone I'd guess).
    If I remove the accounts in the Gmail app, will I actually lose the emails or would the hub hold them?

Thanks!
    06-24-18 11:25 AM
    The hub should sync them. Just disable the Gmail app. Settings: apps: Gmail: disable
    FF22 likes this.
    06-24-18 11:35 AM
    Gmail app -> Settings -> your gmail account -> Notification uncheck box.
    Works for me.
    06-24-18 12:01 PM