This might be an easy task, but I thought someone could quickly help.

Can I set my call, text, email, whatsapp and Linkedin notifications seen only in the hub and with the RGB light notifying if I have a message or call in the hub? I don't like to see them in the notification bar that you can pull down.

Thanks in advance.
    06-30-18 09:02 AM
    Yes, you can. Go to Settings > Notifications then by app you can select which apps send notifications to the notification screen. Tedious to turn off a hundred apps, but I only want a couple to send there, so that's how.
    06-30-18 09:07 AM
    Yes, you can. Go to Settings > Notifications then by app you can select which apps send notifications to the notification screen. Tedious to turn off a hundred apps, but I only want a couple to send there, so that's how.
    Thanks. So I set HUB "block all" and now I should still see the RGB light flashing if I have a message in the hub, but I don't get the notification in the pull down menu?

Do I get a message sounds still?
    06-30-18 09:11 AM
    This might be an easy task, but I thought someone could quickly help.

Can I set my call, text, email, whatsapp and Linkedin notifications seen only in the hub and with the RGB light notifying if I have a message or call in the hub? I don't like to see them in the notification bar that you can pull down.

Thanks in advance.
    That's exactly how I setup my device, to show LED only:

1. Go into Settings\Notifications, hit the cog wheel and turn on Pulse Notification light (see additional comment at the bottom)*.

2. Turn On System UI tuner (long press the device settings cog wheel in the notification shade until it vibrates which indicates it was turned On)

3. Go into the settings of each app (Hub included), tap Notification and then tap the 'A' letter on the left which allow you to set the notification level.

If you don't want the icons to appear in the status bar your only option is Level 1 which also eliminate any vibration and sound you may have turned on in the app's notification settings. This is your only option to get rid of the statis Bar icons, there is no other way (I am with you on disliking them, if there is something I can't work with is unnecessary redundancy).

*you have the option to set the notification pulse only when the screen is off:

Pros: if you have the Notification Pulse turned On all the time (even when the screen is On) then while you work on the device, a notification comes in and the LED starts pulsing; it won't stop until the notification shade is revealed (note: only the notification shade will stop the LED from pulsing, not the Productivity Tab). I find it very distracting therefore the benefit of this settings.

Cons: since your app notification level is set to 1 you have no icons in the status bar which means that if your screen is On and your pulse light is set to show only when the screen is off you will not know that you have a new message until you pull the Productivity Tab or notification shade.

Hope this helps! Happy tinkering
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    06-30-18 09:57 AM
    That's exactly how I setup my device, to show LED only:

1. Go into Settings\Notifications, hit the cog wheel and turn on Pulse Notification light (see additional comment at the bottom)*.

2. Turn On System UI tuner (long press the device settings cog wheel in the notification shade until it vibrates which indicates it was turned On)

3. Go into the settings of each app (Hub included), tap Notification and then tap the 'A' letter on the left which allow you to set the notification level.

If you don't want the icons to appear in the status bar your only option is Level 1 which also eliminate any vibration and sound you may have turned on in the app's notification settings. This is your only option to get rid of the statis Bar icons, there is no other way (I am with you on disliking them, if there is something I can't work with is unnecessary redundancy).

*you have the option to set the notification pulse only when the screen is off:

Pros: if you have the Notification Pulse turned On all the time (even when the screen is On) then while you work on the device, a notification comes in and the LED starts pulsing; it won't stop until the notification shade is revealed (note: only the notification shade will stop the LED from pulsing, not the Productivity Tab). I find it very distracting therefore the benefit of this settings.

Cons: since your app notification level is set to 1 you have no icons in the status bar which means that if your screen is On and your pulse light is set to show only when the screen is off you will not know that you have a new message until you pull the Productivity Tab or notification shade.

Hope this helps! Happy tinkering
    Big thanks. Let the tinkering start
    06-30-18 10:14 AM
    Big thanks. Let the tinkering start
    Have fun!
    06-30-18 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    06-30-18 10:24 AM
    @FinnBerry all of that is pretty much gone with Oreo...
    07-18-18 11:25 AM
    @FinnBerry all of that is pretty much gone with Oreo...
    Yup. Let's hope future updates will change it.
    07-19-18 02:55 PM
    Yup. Let's hope future updates will change it.
    There is hope!

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/hub-notification-channels-oreo-1153752/
    08-14-18 08:40 PM
    Thanks, this is awesome.
    08-14-18 10:15 PM
    Thanks, this is awesome.
    You might want to check this out in the meantime:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arnotification

What bothers me the most is notification icons in the status bar staying until attended. If I can clear them with a keyboard shortcut or perhaps assign the Convenience Key to do the same then I think we'll be one step a ahead or maybe in a better position altogether as we have been notified followed by a quick dismissal (without needing to pull down the shade) so we can continue to concentrate on the task at hand with no distractions.

Let me know how you find it!
    08-15-18 02:02 AM
    You might want to check this out in the meantime:

What bothers me the most is notification icons in the status bar staying until attended. If I can clear them with a keyboard shortcut or perhaps assign the Convenience Key to do the same then I think we'll be one step a ahead or maybe in a better position altogether as we have been notified followed by a quick dismissal (without needing to pull down the shade) so we can continue to concentrate on the task at hand with no distractions.

Let me know how you find it!
    Thanks.
    08-15-18 08:52 AM
    Thanks.
    You might want to try this!

https://www.xda-developers.com/notif...-android-oreo/
    08-17-18 09:28 PM
    Wow. Thanks again.
    08-18-18 12:23 AM
    In further investigating Notification Importance app support I reached out to WhatsApp to see if their app simply doesn't support the new feature or they have a bug which they are aware of as it looks like the importance level of this app doesn't seem to stay as configured which is an issue discussed in other forums as well.

To my complete surprise, according to WhatsApp this is an intended behavior!

One can set the Importance Level to Low all day long; the next message up will bring it back to Urgent, by design.

How frustrating, unnecessary and most importantly intruding (in your face?).

If that's the case, it looks like app developers aren't obligated by Google to fully support Notification Level or they find ways around it.

+++

On Android 8.0 and higher, WhatsApp added Group notifications and Message notifications, which have the following special rules:

The notifications are always on. If you turn them off, the notifications will turn back on when you receive a message.

Medium and Low importance are disabled. If you set notifications to Medium or Low importance, the notifications will automatically change to Urgent importance when you receive a message.

If you want to set the behavior to Medium importance, you can set the notification sound to None. For all other pre-populated notifications, we don't recommend modifying importance.

This is an intended functionality of the app and its features. We apologize for any confusion.

+++
    @FinnBerry
    08-20-18 06:54 PM
    @FinnBerry get this app, map it to your convenience key, or even a keyboard shortcut (or both) and simply hit your shortcut / convenience key every time you receive a message in order to clear the notification icons in the status bar.

The reason I liked Level 1 notifications on Nougat is because any other level creates notification redundancy (blink light & status bar icons) and I don't like to see notification icons in the status bar after a message was received since I use the notification light.

I feel that this app is a good compromise and works like a charm! It allows me to continue working in a specific app without getting distracted by some Unread notifications.

08-23-18 11:15 AM
    @FinnBerry get this app, map it to your convenience key, or even a keyboard shortcut (or both) and simply hit your shortcut / convenience key every time you receive a message in order to clear the notification icons in the status bar.

The reason I liked Level 1 notifications on Nougat is because any other level creates notification redundancy (blink light & status bar icons) and I don't like to see notification icons in the status bar after a message was received since I use the notification light.

I feel that this app is a good compromise and works like a charm! It allows me to continue working in a specific app without getting distracted by some Unread notifications.

Thanks. Whatsapp notification strategy is really bad.

I have set up pretty much every notification to zero. So basically I get only calls and texts through. I have gotten used to it. I receive so much email and whatsapp that this is good setting. I check my messages when i have time for them.

But i will try this one too. I hope they get more settings to hub too.
    08-23-18 10:05 PM
    Thanks. Whatsapp notification strategy is really bad.

I have set up pretty much every notification to zero. So basically I get only calls and texts through. I have gotten used to it. I receive so much email and whatsapp that this is good setting. I check my messages when i have time for them.

But i will try this one too. I hope they get more settings to hub too.
    But when you set it to zero you lose Hub integration (with the exception of emails and SMS).

Also, setting notifications to zero means that you need to periodically go into the apps and check your messages as none of them will appear in Hub, or Productivity Tab.

Are you OK with that?
    08-23-18 10:12 PM
    i get emails, texts, calls and whatsapp in the hub. only texts and calls ring. whatsapp is located in the locker too. i don't see whatsapp settings anymore at the notification settings, because it's at the locker. i think i get red dot on hub, even the phone RGB light blinks. hub definitely receives whatsapp.

i need to check this better.
    08-23-18 10:19 PM
    i get emails, texts, calls and whatsapp in the hub. only texts and calls ring. whatsapp is located in the locker too. i don't see whatsapp settings anymore at the notification settings, because it's at the locker. i think i get red dot on hub, even the phone RGB light blinks. hub definitely receives whatsapp.

Interesting! So when putting apps in the Locker you get no notification (other than the red dot and blink light) yet Hub integration stays intact.

Yes?
    08-23-18 10:48 PM

I tested Locker with Android Messages and I still see the notification icon in the status bar.

Are you getting the WhatsApp icon in the status bar though the app is in the Locker or you have WhatsApp notifications completely turned off and if that so, how exactly do they integrate in Hub given that the integration is notification dependent?
    08-24-18 05:36 PM
    08-29-18 11:38 AM
    @FinnBerry this was made for you!

/blackberry-key2-f472/immersive-mode-write_secure_settings-1154878/
    Read the whole thing then download the app from the link posted in post # 9.

Enjoy!
    09-29-18 03:12 AM
    @FinnBerry this was made for you!

/blackberry-key2-f472/immersive-mode-write_secure_settings-1154878/
    Read the whole thing then download the app from the link posted in post # 9.

Enjoy!
    Thanks alot!
    09-29-18 05:20 AM