For the notification problem. Yes, I do experience it for news apps. But for emails and text msgs, all notifications come through with no issues.

For news apps, I don't know whether the push notification for "breaking news" is different in iPhone or Android.

I didn't get "breaking news" for days in WSJ, BBC or even ABC Australia. Then few days ago, when North Korea had the 6th nuclear test, all news apps were suddenly activated again, receiving the "breaking news" from all news apps.

That's why I wonder, whether the notification problem is associated with the developer end or the keyone.
    09-04-17 10:08 PM
    100 percent BlackBerry issue. It's a complete SHAME that there is still no fix for such a major problem.
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-04-17 10:56 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile says the issue has been resolved, and will be available in the Sep patch. So I hear.
    DanylW likes this.
    09-04-17 10:57 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile says the issue has been resolved, and will be available in the Sep patch. So I hear.
    Good to know. Thanks for the update Conite. I actually only had the issue with google hangouts which is used a lot at my work. Just requires me to keep hangouts open in the background to get around it. Still nice to hear that they have a fix coming though.
    09-04-17 11:29 PM
    100 percent BlackBerry issue. It's a complete SHAME that there is still no fix for such a major problem.
    Then I wonder how to explain what I experienced?
    09-05-17 02:06 AM
    Thanks for the information.
    09-05-17 02:07 AM
    Source?
    09-05-17 08:32 AM
    So far I can't say if it is a BlackBerry specific issue, but I'm pretty sure it isn't on the fault of app developers.

My app Fuse for Android has a service running with a notification. I had it working fine on a Android 7.0 device, I recently upgraded to a BlackBerry KEYone (7.1.1) and now when I swipe away / close the app, the service is shut down as well and the notification is removed.
    09-05-17 09:40 AM
    Then I wonder how to explain what I experienced?
    Because it's an intermittent problem. My IG notifications will randomly work and sometimes not at all. I powered up my DTEK 60 which is still running on Android 6.0 and all of the notifications were working without having to leave apps open in the background.

When I initially bought my KEYone in June, everything was working just fine. It was the July update that messed up everything. Hopefully Conite is right and the September update should finally fix this issue.
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-05-17 01:50 PM
    Well my Pixel XL and Nexus 6P both work perfectly and have never had any notification issues. Both running stock android straight from the mother ship. My KEYone worked from May to the July update so.....looking at BB for this one.
    09-06-17 02:22 PM
    Just got the Sept upgrade updated. However, as said previously, I have no notification issue with my communication and social media apps, but had problems with news apps like ABC Australia, and WSJ.

After the update, I received a breaking news notification of WSJ on my iPhone 6s, but still no notification from WSJ on KeyOne.

Does push notification like this has different push rules on iOS and Android??
    09-23-17 07:36 PM