Great to see people receiving units. Does the notification light work well like it did back a dozen years ago? Where is the notification light located and Is it red by any chance (what kind of customization does it offer)? Can't wait for it to get to the US. Thank you for any insights ahead of time.
    05-15-17 08:04 AM
    Should be RBG. Similar to the priv I would guess. (Sorry this isn't really a review as you requested)
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-15-17 08:18 AM
    The LED is located in the very small hole to the right of the speaker grill. It is much smaller than it was on previous BlackBerry devices, however don't let this tiny cut-out fool you - the light is very bright and is just as good as it always was, easily readable in bright conditions and when viewed at an angle.

The notification light is indeed RGB and can be adjusted in multiple ways: The Hub let's you set seven different colors for your mail accounts. In general, the app needs to be able to adjust the light, WhatsApp and Yaata for example also have seven different colors listed. There are also some apps available, which let you customize the notification LED on a more global basis, however I never tried one of those.
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-15-17 08:44 AM
    I downloaded 'Light Manager Pro' from the App Store.
    Lets me choose the colour of the LED for each individual app. Even lets me create whatever colour I want from a colour wheel - very in depth.
    The app also lets you control the frequency of the LED flashing which is a bonus!

Finally a pink / purple notification for Instagram!
    paperbackpiles and Malduin6 like this.
    05-15-17 10:58 AM
    Taigratrommel, THANK YOU! Great review and pretty fascinating since I haven't had that great notification light since the Bold. I've had android phones since then and none seemed to have worked as well. The whole seven color hub thing sounds incredible.

Aneres11, sweet idea on the pink/purple. I just want red for texts, green for hangouts, and something for gmail, maybe blue for bb messenger (though I think all my friends have long since moved away from bbm, sadly).
    05-15-17 01:54 PM
    Custom Alerts and Add rule are not responsive in ny Keyone Hub - any ideas?
    06-01-17 12:49 AM
    The notification light is indeed RGB and can be adjusted in multiple ways
    That's nice to hear. Someone asked about the LED on Amazon and Customer Service replied that it was white-only.
    06-01-17 01:01 AM
    It is RGB. One of the most shiny I've ever seen despite the small size.
    06-01-17 01:06 AM
    That's nice to hear. Someone asked about the LED on Amazon and Customer Service replied that it was white-only.
    They are only reading off what the website says which is false.
    06-01-17 01:07 AM