Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    All,
    My notifications haven't worked since the July Update however today I went into settings-apps-hub-notifications

The top button was green where it said block all notifications flicked it across like the photo and notifications are working again.
    I'm sure others have tried this but worth a quick check as it solved mine, and I hadn't adjusted this, very strange.

Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Notification Fix following July Security Update-28422.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    08-05-17 12:58 PM
    What was the notification issue I keep seeing on these forums? I can't seem to get a clear idea of what exactly the issue is.
    08-05-17 01:19 PM
    What was the notification issue I keep seeing on these forums? I can't seem to get a clear idea of what exactly the issue is.
    Most apps cannot send push notifications ever since the AAL964 (June 5) update. System apps, whatever your text app is, Facebook, most Google apps, maybe a couple others still go through.

On the surface it seems the cause is something to do with how apps run in the background. Take once I close the Weather Channel app, my on going temperature notification closes as well, or if I close Poweramp, the music stops. The workaround is leaving affected apps open in the background.
    Last edited by megafan2000; 08-05-17 at 02:11 PM.
    08-05-17 01:58 PM
    That's very odd. I haven't had any issues with mine. My Kakao texts come in fine and same with Google Now updates. Both apps aren't open in the background. I did just get this unit 2 days ago so maybe BlackBerry fixed it? I'm on ANN355.
    08-05-17 02:42 PM
    I got ANN355 yesterday. Like I said texting apps and Google Apps seem to be among the few unaffected apps. Most other apps will not send your notifications unless it's actually open. Pick a news app and subscribe to breaking news, or a weather app and let it run a temperature notification and you'll see. Close that app - no notifications.
    08-05-17 02:54 PM
    That's very odd. I haven't had any issues with mine. My Kakao texts come in fine and same with Google Now updates. Both apps aren't open in the background. I did just get this unit 2 days ago so maybe BlackBerry fixed it? I'm on ANN355.
    Some apps are OK. Everyone has the problem, and no fix has been issued.
    08-05-17 03:18 PM
    I never had issues with Hub or Whatsapp notifications but other apps from time to time are flimsy
    08-07-17 04:02 PM
    tried this already and still doesn't work. the issue is not specific to the Hub. the problem is with this update when you close an app, it closes it completely and does not run in the background. thats why when you leave the app open, the notifications come in no problem.
    08-07-17 06:17 PM
    Agreed. For me, I have the KEYone next to the DTEK60 and Priv @ night. I have the same notification settings across the board. Those devices sound off... the KEYone, nothing.
    08-07-17 07:35 PM
    why haven't they addressed this ! why isn't crackberry crackin' heads!! heads would roll if I were a moderator (lol) /s

but seriously double u tee f
    08-07-17 07:45 PM
    My phone never got the July update. I was recently gifted with the August update (AAN355) and now most of my notifications are hosed. I've gone into Battery Optimization settings and set them all to "Not optimized" and they're still not working. Grrrrr.
    08-08-17 05:07 PM
    Flamingo (Twitter client) is definitely affected by this. That's one example
    08-09-17 08:47 AM
    Friendly for facebook too.. But sometimes it's working. Don't know what trigger it though..
    08-09-17 09:02 AM