Tks, good to know I have my $700, ready to purchase

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 07:11 PM
    I feel for you folks.... In Canada, Telus and Bell share towers, so phones on either carrier just work across the country. Rogers is a little smaller, and so their coverage in remote rural areas may be sketchy. I would lose it having to figure out just which carrier worked in what area. All three are GSM carriers, so unlocked phones just work. Of course, we pay the Canada tax to have the convenience.
    03-18-17 07:40 PM
    Tks, good to know I have my $700, ready to purchase

Posted via CB10
    I will be attending the crackberry meetup in NYC next wed and get to test out the KEYONE personally. I will be sharing some photos and thoughts afterwards. Looking forward to it.

Posted via CB10
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    03-18-17 08:11 PM
    There are already several unlocked devices that you can use on the Verizon network. As long as the phone has the right frequencies you can use it on Verizon.
    03-20-17 12:44 PM
    I hope they release it unlocked soon, so we those who want it can get it and then start talking about it and showing others how awesome the phone is.
    ...then by the time it does hit the carriers ya'll will talk about how old and outdated it is.
    03-21-17 10:54 AM
    Exception... rather than the rule. But the US is a rather large country, so it's hard to say what is true of the South West is going to be the same in the North East, much less on even smaller scales. We all have to use what works best in our little corner of the world.
    Um, neither, different places have different coverage for different carriers. There is no one "best," just which is best for where you live or spend most of your time...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-21-17 11:12 AM
    Sadly, if Verizon does what Verizon is famous for (dragging their feet)...they will probably pick up the KEYone last, right about the time people are over it like they did the Priv.
    03-21-17 11:35 AM
    I am planning on buying unlocked from BlackBerry to run on AT&T as soon as it's released. No reason to get from AT&T anymore since their plans are now paying full price for phones in payments. I prefer the unlocked anyway in case I travel internationally.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 11:46 AM
    ...then by the time it does hit the carriers ya'll will talk about how old and outdated it is.
    Well it's better for me to use it for a bit and then say it's outdated, then for me to say that it's outdated before it even hits the market.

I wish they would give us some type of update on the phone, so those that want it know when we can expect it.
    03-21-17 11:48 AM
    Well it's better for me to use it for a bit and then say it's outdated, then for me to say that it's outdated before it even hits the market.

I wish they would give us some type of update on the phone, so those that want it know when we can expect it.
    My comment was tongue-in-cheek, but this is what happened with the Verizon-branded PRIVs, however.
    03-21-17 12:00 PM
    Agreed. Verizon has by far the best service between Boston and D.C., especially in rural areas.
    03-23-17 12:07 AM
    So getting back to the original post, I don't think US is going to see KEYone in April. April is next week and from what we have seen it hasn't passed through FCC yet unless as another post suggested that they did it secretly which doesn't seem to be their past behavior. This may be a June/July thing for the US. Or (and I never have a full understanding of this), buy a phone from another region that has GSM bands (AT&T/TMO)? But CDMA (Verizon) users will have to wait? Either way, my desire to handle a KEYone will likely not happen here in the US unless I come across someone who has one. Those odds will be low.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    03-23-17 10:31 AM
    So getting back to the original post, I don't think US is going to see KEYone in April. April is next week and from what we have seen it hasn't passed through FCC yet unless as another post suggested that they did it secretly which doesn't seem to be their past behavior. This may be a June/July thing for the US. Or (and I never have a full understanding of this), buy a phone from another region that has GSM bands (AT&T/TMO)? But CDMA (Verizon) users will have to wait? Either way, my desire to handle a KEYone will likely not happen here in the US unless I come across someone who has one. Those odds will be low.
    It passed FCC yesterday
    03-23-17 10:51 AM
    It passed FCC yesterday
    That's the Unlocked variant though, not CDMA version yet.
    03-23-17 11:00 AM
    I hope US tmobile can do buy one get one free deal like samsung s7 deal from last year

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 11:19 AM
    There's only like a big front page article that was shared on their facebook and twitter as well as Bla1ze personally coming to the forums to also announce that states it went through FCC...

03-23-17 11:41 AM
    I hope US tmobile can do buy one get one free deal like samsung s7 deal from last year

Posted via CB10
    Nah, they'll have a buy one and get a lecture from their sales staff about why you should buy a Samsung instead deal.

03-23-17 11:41 AM
    Nah, they'll have a buy one and get a lecture from their sales staff about why you should buy a Samsung instead deal.

I think most people know what Samsung will offer lol. I probably will have S8 before keyone in my hand but I hope to take advantage of great carrier deals like buy 1 get 1 free but I highly doubt that keyone will offer that kind of deal. Not sure how Samsung is able to do it last year.
    03-23-17 11:47 AM
    I think most people know what Samsung will offer lol. I probably will have S8 before keyone in my hand but I hope to take advantage of great carrier deals like buy 1 get 1 free but I highly doubt that keyone will offer that kind of deal. Not sure how Samsung is able to do it last year.
    Get the s8, sell it, buy a KEYone and profit. :-)

03-23-17 11:48 AM
    Just wanted to chime in here - I was on the phone with Tier III Business from VZW yesterday trying to work out the Visual VM issue (don't get me started) and I asked about the Key One. The 2 Tech guys stated that they also have been asking their managers and superiors as they have heard nothing but good things about the phone and wanted to be able to answer major business customers (such as myself) when asked.

They both responded that VZW has requested repeatedly from both Blackberry and Blackberry Mobile (TCL) to "allow" them to carry the device, but further discussion that have/may have been going on, they cannot say. Suffice it to say that before moving on to my technical issue, they said that they should be able to answer my question by the end of this month "wink-wink" - They actually said "wink-wink" on the phone. They also said that the "end of the month" statement was not when they would be carrying it whether in stores or on line, but they "might" be able to answer all of our questions by then.

Forgive all the quotes" just conveying what transpired here at the office during a 43 minute call with VZW - always a pleasure - but this time I got a follow up phone call from a Supervisor asking me for a survey which I gladly answered..
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-23-17 11:51 AM
    Get the s8, sell it, buy a KEYone and profit. :-)

I hope so but S8 is almost $1000 lol. Not sure if they can do buy 1 get 1 free again.
    03-23-17 11:52 AM
    I hope so but S8 is almost $1000 lol. Not sure if they can do buy 1 get 1 free again.
    Oh, thought you were saying that you would be able to get some deal with the s8 through the carrier.

03-23-17 11:58 AM
    Oh, thought you were saying that you would be able to get some deal with the s8 through the carrier.

That was last year with S7. Hope to see some great keyone offers by US carriers!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 12:01 PM
    They also said that the "end of the month" statement was not when they would be carrying it whether in stores or on line, but they "might" be able to answer all of our questions by then.
    I'll take this good news and run with it. Thanks. I'm hopeful US pre-orders will open this weekend or next. Mainly because this Saturday will be a full month since MWC. They gotta show us something....

**Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9000...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    03-23-17 02:50 PM
    Jessica: Hi! I can assist you with determining if you can bring your device to our network.

You: I was looking to purchase a Blackberry Keyone when they are released, and was wondering if it would work with Verizon?
    Jessica: Welcome to Verizon Wireless Sales chat!

Jessica: Whom do I have the pleasure of chatting with today?

You: ******* *******
    Jessica: Nice to meet you, *******!

Jessica: I'll be happy to assist you today

You: Thank you!
    Jessica: Yes, the Blackberry would be compatible on Verizon

You: The Keyone?
    Jessica: Yes

You: Would I need to purchase it through Verizon or is it ok to buy it through Blackberry?
    Jessica: You can purchase it through Verizon when it comes avilable.

You: Ok thank you so much for your help Jessica! You've been super helpful!
    Jessica: My pleasure

Jessica: Are there any other questions that I can help you with today?

You: That's it, thank you Jessica!!
    Jessica: It's been my pleasure assisting you today! Thank you for chatting with Verizon Wireless! Have a great day!
    03-23-17 03:33 PM
77 1234