Haven't seen anything about passing FCC. Haven't seen anything about US Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc). Doesn't seem like US will get KEYone anytime soon.

Roveer
    03-16-17 09:57 AM
    Sorry, I thought I read on this forum it had passed the FCC requirements already.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 10:11 AM
    I reached out to T-Mobile on Twitter, and asked if they would be carrying the phone. This was their response -
    @tmobile: @hoopitz No word yet Benji but keep an eye on our Newsroom for updates! https://t.co/l4WKa1g0qP *KittyG

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 10:12 AM
    Sorry, I thought I read on this forum it had passed the FCC requirements already
    WiFi yes, FCC no.
    03-16-17 10:13 AM
    One down one to go,

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 10:15 AM
    May be a long wait on US carriers. They will probably just watch first to see how it's doing. Plan on getting an unlocked one directly from TCL site if you want it at or near launch.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 11:30 AM
    When they said starting in April, I took that to mean end of April or early May.

I would also assume that the device would have to be in an official production unit status for it to be evaluated.
    03-16-17 11:47 AM
    May be a long wait on US carriers. They will probably just watch first to see how it's doing. Plan on getting an unlocked one directly from TCL site if you want it at or near launch.

Posted via CB10
    This is the main reason I wish I was on AT&T. Could buy unlocked and run it on their network on release day. It's too bad I'm often in rural areas and need my device available. Verizon kills AT&T in this regard. Can't switch.
    03-16-17 11:53 AM
    This is the main reason I wish I was on AT&T. Could buy unlocked and run it on their network on release day. It's too bad I'm often in rural areas and need my device available. Verizon kills AT&T in this regard. Can't switch.
    Sadly with Verizon's ridiculous taxes, I will never go there. Not saying AT&T is some sort of God-send, but they are better imo and since they are on GSM easy to switch phones. I hear your outcry though. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 11:57 AM
    At the event they stated will sell unlocked version first with carriers coming later in US. So I imagine several more months before we hear anything from them.
    03-16-17 12:12 PM
    At the event they stated will sell unlocked version first with carriers coming later in US. So I imagine several more months before we hear anything from them.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they sell unlocked without carriers at launch to maximize revenue from BlackBerry loyalists, then push out to carriers a few months later, with price promotions. Alternately, they may have a completely different device in mind for widespread carrier adoption. In that case, the K1 may simply be aimed at BlackBerry loyalists to ensure that the millions of current BBOS/BB10 users have a compelling Android option.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-16-17 01:08 PM
    Sadly with Verizon's ridiculous taxes, I will never go there. Not saying AT&T is some sort of God-send, but they are better imo and since they are on GSM easy to switch phones. I hear your outcry though. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    If my lifestyle didn't take me into the mountains and other rural locations I would be with AT&T as well. Hopefully Verizon will allow unlocked devices like AT&T in 2019 after they ditch whatever they need to network wise.
    03-16-17 01:29 PM
    Here's to you getting your wish!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 01:36 PM
    I hope they release it unlocked soon, so we those who want it can get it and then start talking about it and showing others how awesome the phone is.
    03-16-17 03:08 PM
    If my lifestyle didn't take me into the mountains and other rural locations I would be with AT&T as well. Hopefully Verizon will allow unlocked devices like AT&T in 2019 after they ditch whatever they need to network wise.
    Don't worry the KEYone will work on verizon. Verizon is advertising BYOD, BlackBerry just never made a factory unlocked cdma phone. Thank god BlackBerry Mobile is making one.
    On the long shot that they block it just activate it over the phone and give them your Priv's IMEI and your good to go.
    03-16-17 03:14 PM
    If TCL is going to have ANY hope of capturing Enterprise customers.... AT&T and Verizon must both have agreed to carry the KEYone and it's all touch companion. So I do expect both will have it at some point after the unlocked devices become available...

Sadly the CES promises of devices shipping "soon" after MWC and then the "launch" at MWC that was clearly well before they were ready... has just lead to some anxiety. Sadly it seems BlackBerry turned over the hardware "playbook" and TCL is sticking close to how BlackBerry has been doing things.
    03-17-17 07:29 AM
    Sadly it seems BlackBerry turned over the hardware "playbook" and TCL is sticking close to how BlackBerry has been doing things.
    This is depressing.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    03-17-17 07:53 AM
    I have the exact opposite problem in the rural area in which I live. My work phone is Verizon and I get poor to no service near my neighborhood. My personal phone is on AT&T and I get great service. Actually had to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T for the same reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 08:22 AM
    I have the exact opposite problem in the rural area in which I live. My work phone is Verizon and I get poor to no service near my neighborhood. My personal phone is on AT&T and I get great service. Actually had to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T for the same reason.

Posted via CB10
    Exception... rather than the rule. But the US is a rather large country, so it's hard to say what is true of the South West is going to be the same in the North East, much less on even smaller scales. We all have to use what works best in our little corner of the world.
    03-17-17 08:36 AM
    Most phone manufactures request confidentiality during the FCC approval process, so its nothing new that we do not have that info.

See the FCC filing for the Samsung Galaxy 8. It was submitted in January, and made public on March 8.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor..._id=A3LSMG950U
    03-17-17 01:54 PM
    Most phone manufactures request confidentiality during the FCC approval process, so its nothing new that we do not have that info.

See the FCC filing for the Samsung Galaxy 8. It was submitted in January, and made public on March 8.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor..._id=A3LSMG950U
    Did they do that with the Priv or Dtek 50/60?
    03-18-17 11:07 AM
    Did they do that with the Priv or Dtek 50/60?
    I can't say, as I was not following those releases the way I am following the KEYone.

All I can say, is that it is customary for phone manufacturers to request confidentiality during the FCC approval process, and why I gave the example of the Samsung Galaxy 8, to show that the application can be at FCC for a couple of months while not available to the public.
    03-18-17 12:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Net10 has a Verizon version of their simcards.
    That's what I'm using. 36 bucks per month, same network, same good coverage. 4gb of LTE speed , unlimited 2G after.
    All my Verizon phones work on it.
    03-18-17 12:23 PM
    Stupid question, this for the tech’s out there if I purchase a KEYone, in Canada, Telus uses T-Mobile in the states as it's partner and the US mobiles our not on board will the phone work in the US.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 07:00 PM
    Stupid question, this for the tech’s out there if I purchase a KEYone, in Canada, Telus uses T-Mobile in the states as it's partner and the US mobiles our not on board will the phone work in the US.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Tmobile is a GSM carrier.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 07:09 PM
77 123 ...