I'm still rocking my z30 and although it's getting old (I picked it up the day my daughter was born and will be 3 years old in August) and starting to act up (already reinstalled the OS recently) I'm just not 100% sold on the KeyOne.

I was getting excited for the new device even though it's running Android. As a matter of fact, I've started to resign to the fact that it's really my only choice with a two party system now

After procrastination and not buying the device as soon as it was available, I'm now less sold on the PK and think I was to keep the view able space as large as possible.

Now I've only ever used BlackBerry since getting in to the smartphone game over a decade ago and want to / will support this Canadian company by buying another handset from them... I'm just wondering what's in store by way of slab phones in the coming months if anything.

Have there been any rumors or leaks?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 01:19 PM
    If you buy these:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...00-1-a-1113060
    https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...ypton-1108714/
    06-23-17 01:50 PM
    There was also a cnet article posted back in Jan/Feb 2017 that they plan on releasing 3 devices this year. The KEYone and the successors to the Dtek 50 & 60. (in which they're changing the name)
    06-23-17 02:12 PM
    Saw something today about an all touch slab with a 1080p screen in the works. I would just wait if a PKB is not what u want.
    06-23-17 02:48 PM
    Saw something today about an all touch slab with a 1080p screen in the works. I would just wait if a PKB is not what u want.
    Where? Inquiring minds want to know.
    06-23-17 02:55 PM
    Where? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Something came over my phone from gsmarena about a possible next device to be most likely an all slab one. Lost the link tho. Can't find it. Sorry man.
    06-23-17 03:03 PM
    Something came over my phone from gsmarena about a possible next device to be most likely an all slab one. Lost the link tho. Can't find it. Sorry man.
    I'll look it up, thanks.
    06-23-17 03:08 PM
    I'm still rocking my z30 and although it's getting old (I picked it up the day my daughter was born and will be 3 years old in August) and starting to act up (already reinstalled the OS recently) I'm just not 100% sold on the KeyOne.

I was getting excited for the new device even though it's running Android. As a matter of fact, I've started to resign to the fact that it's really my only choice with a two party system now

After procrastination and not buying the device as soon as it was available, I'm now less sold on the PK and think I was to keep the view able space as large as possible.

Now I've only ever used BlackBerry since getting in to the smartphone game over a decade ago and want to / will support this Canadian company by buying another handset from them... I'm just wondering what's in store by way of slab phones in the coming months if anything.

Posted via CB10
    If you want a slab Android phone, why even bother with BlackBerry? Just get one of the millions of slab Androids out there and buy the hub+ suite. I vote for Moto G5 Plus if you want a good balance of cost and battery life. It's pretty affordable unlocked and is a decent mid-range device (same specs as the KEYone), and has a good sized battery to boot.
    06-23-17 03:20 PM
    If you want a slab Android phone, why even bother with BlackBerry? Just get one of the millions of slab Androids out there and buy the hub+ suite. I vote for Moto G5 Plus if you want a good balance of cost and battery life. It's pretty affordable unlocked and is a decent mid-range device (same specs as the KEYone), and has a good sized battery to boot.
    Who wants to pay a monthly subscription?
    06-23-17 03:31 PM
    Its at Costco now for $219. Facntastic price.
    06-23-17 03:48 PM
    Exactly.
    IdBeats likes this.
    06-23-17 04:39 PM
    Then don't.
    06-23-17 04:57 PM
    Then don't.
    Exactly and I won't lol. Just wanted the person suggested to, just buy a different phone and get the suit that it involves paying a monthly subscription.
    simon williams4 likes this.
    06-23-17 05:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Get a DTEK50 or 60 instead. You might like either of them. After my BlackBerry Leap, the DTEK50 proved to be a much better replacement than I thought it would be.

It has its shortcomings and it's advantages, pluses and minuses, and it's definitely not a BB10 device, but you can find all that info readily available.

It was actually the KeyOne that was the bigger disappointment, after I finally got to see and try one in person.
    Barbareren likes this.
    06-23-17 07:00 PM
    dtek 50 replaced my leap.....very happy with it
    06-23-17 07:42 PM
    Exactly and I won't lol. Just wanted the person suggested to, just buy a different phone and get the suit that it involves paying a monthly subscription.
    Only recommended it because OP sounded like he liked the BB suite, and without paying you get ads. Nobody "wants" to pay for a subscription. I don't "want" to pay for a subscription to cable tv, but if I want to watch those channels I have to... But in the end, $1 a month equates to $12 a year, $24 for 2 years. Getting a non-BB all-glass slab would likely save you more than $24 for the same specs...

For me, I buy BB phones because of the pkb. Without it, there are cheaper options or better spec options. And you can just buy Hub+ (although you won't get everything, but you'll get some of the stuff at least) to use on it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-17 07:50 PM
    Only recommended it because OP sounded like he liked the BB suite, and without paying you get ads. Nobody "wants" to pay for a subscription. I don't "want" to pay for a subscription to cable tv, but if I want to watch those channels I have to... But in the end, $1 a month equates to $12 a year, $24 for 2 years. Getting a non-BB all-glass slab would likely save you more than $24 for the same specs...

For me, I buy BB phones because of the pkb. Without it, there are cheaper options or better spec options. And you can just buy Hub+ (although you won't get everything, but you'll get some of the stuff at least) to use on it.
    Totally get that.
    06-23-17 07:53 PM
    Get a DTEK50 or 60 instead. You might like either of them. After my BlackBerry Leap, the DTEK50 proved to be a much better replacement than I thought it would be.

It has its shortcomings and it's advantages, pluses and minuses, and it's definitely not a BB10 device, but you can find all that info readily available.

It was actually the KeyOne that was the bigger disappointment, after I finally got to see and try one in person.
    Yah, because it wasn't made out of the premium materials like plastic, lol.

I'm kidding, but I actually wouldn't recommend the DTEK50 to be honest. You'll get better performance out of a Moto G5 Plus for the same money, and you can pay for the subscription (if you want, of course, it's not bad at $1 a month. That's about $24 if you consider 2 years the average life span of a phone before you want to upgrade) for Hub+ to get the BB software stuff. You'll only lose out on the monthly security updates and the BB keyboard, password keeper, and a few other small things (as they're not included in the Hub+ suite)...
    06-23-17 07:54 PM
    Who wants to pay for some resource hogs services?
    06-24-17 09:00 AM
    Did someone say Samsung users? ;p

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 09:17 AM
    Well, because you don't, that must mean nobody wants to, because you represent the standard everyone should follow, duh.
    06-24-17 09:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    just tweeted

BlackBerry's next device rumoured to feature 5.2-inch touch display, Snapdragon 625 or 626 | MobileSyrup
    06-24-17 09:43 AM
    Did someone say Samsung users? ;p

Posted via CB10
    Or Sony XD
    06-24-17 09:49 AM
    Well, because you don't, that must mean nobody wants to, because you represent the standard everyone should follow, duh.
    I didn't say such thing. But for me BB services are not important in order to decide if I purchase a K1 or not. PKB is. And for what I've read in these forums PKB is the main reason to buy K1 for most of the people here.
    For those needing a slab with BB services I consider it's better to purchase a 400€ device with better hardware and you'll have 200€ (price difference with K1) to subscribe to BB services for 200 months
    06-24-17 09:59 AM
    Did someone just suggest getting a dtek50 or 60?

They're not even readily available anymore and if they are, they're near their full msrp which is a huge rip-off given the recent uncertainty and "rumors" that they've been "abandoned"

If you can get a dtek50 for $100 or a 60 for like $200 sure (in cad).

For $619 cad the dtek60 is not a good buy at all. Not right now loll

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 10:11 AM
44 12