I like how we're "BlackBerry's official forums" now.
    06-24-17 11:48 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm not too keen on the look of the DTeks and looking more at the KeyOne, I'm still not feeling it although I can pick one up through my work for $350 Canadian off contract ( internal thing, can't buy for anyone else). I really want to stay with BlackBerry for the (maybe false, I don't know) sense of security and of course Canadian pride (as much as I can have for a device made in China running an OS made in the US tweaked by a company that was once the jewel of Canadian tech).

So at this point I'm really not sure what to do since my Z30 is starting to act up and apps are crashing regularly now. I've rebuilt(reloaded) it 6 months ago and I really don't want to bother with that again.

Maybe bbmo with put out a teaser soon that will get me over the hump of waiting.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 11:26 PM
    Yah, because it wasn't made out of the premium materials like plastic, lol.

I'm kidding, but I actually wouldn't recommend the DTEK50 to be honest. You'll get better performance out of a Moto G5 Plus for the same money, and you can pay for the subscription (if you want, of course, it's not bad at $1 a month. That's about $24 if you consider 2 years the average life span of a phone before you want to upgrade) for Hub+ to get the BB software stuff. You'll only lose out on the monthly security updates and the BB keyboard, password keeper, and a few other small things (as they're not included in the Hub+ suite)...
    Except the BB-keyboard, the Password keeper and DTEK are really valuable apps, in my opinion. Not to mention the security updates and the stereo speakers. And it's cheap. I don't know if it comes with a 12,600mAh portable battery bank now, but it did when I bought it. And it needs it. When I bought mine I compared it to others in the same price range, as I've never really been a BlackBerry fan to begin with and only went to BlackBerry when all the other manufacturers stopped making pkb phones. I still think it's great value for the money, especially if the power bank is still included. I still use that thing for my K1. Very handy.
    07-12-17 01:35 AM
    Alright, to close the loop my Z30 really started to frustrate me and I didn't want to have to keep reloading. Then my parents called and their Z10 also started acting up so I bit the bullet and bought a KeyOne. Worse case, if I don't like it I'll give it to my wife to use.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 10:13 AM
    dteks are now cheaper. see my thread in the dtek 60 forum.
    08-15-17 01:57 PM
    Looking forward to the next BB all touch device.
    08-15-17 02:29 PM
    My Z30 has been acting up out of nowhere recently. Especially the browser. I have a strange feeling BlackBerry is allowing BB10 to have some bugs on purpose now to force us to over on.

I have a Pixel now for work and love it. No problems whatsoever with it like I had with my KeyOne I sent back for a refund.

Very interested in the Krypton though.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 05:00 PM
    My Z30 has been acting up out of nowhere recently. Especially the browser. I have a strange feeling BlackBerry is allowing BB10 to have some bugs on purpose now to force us to over on.

I have a Pixel now for work and love it. No problems whatsoever with it like I had with my KeyOne I sent back for a refund.

Very interested in the Krypton though.

Posted via CB10
    Why? BlackBerry isn't even in the phone hardware business anymore. They're just not supporting BB10 anymore like the old days. Same result, just totally unrelated...
    08-15-17 06:07 PM
    Why? BlackBerry isn't even in the phone hardware business anymore. They're just not supporting BB10 anymore like the old days. Same result, just totally unrelated...
    Absolutely they are still in the hardware business. They just formed a partnership for another company to design and build them. BlackBerry still gets a share of the profits as well. How is that not considered "being in" the hardware business? I guarantee you there is some funny business going on behind the scenes with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 06:11 PM
    Absolutely they are still in the hardware business. They just formed a partnership for another company to design and build them. BlackBerry still gets a share of the profits as well. How is that not considered "being in" the hardware business? I guarantee you there is some funny business going on behind the scenes with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    How do toy know they get profit for it? It could just be an overall licensing agreement.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 06:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    They're in licensing agreements with three different companies and don't seem very interested with putting in very much effort. It's estimated they make a whopping $20 per device sold. They never sold any significant amount of BB10 devices and most of those were sold to BlackBerry enthusiasts such as myself who own several different BB10 models. We've (the majority) already moved on to BlackBerry Android since we're BlackBerry collectors. BlackBerry dumped improving BB10 and fixing bugs, just because they don't want to waste anymore cash on BB10. No conspiracy, there's just not enough BB10 enthusiasts to care about.
    08-15-17 06:27 PM
    Who wants to pay a monthly subscription?
    Me.
    08-15-17 06:37 PM
    Me.
    For what?
    08-15-17 06:39 PM
    For what?
    Are you quoting the movie "Warriors"...

Aren't you going to pay for that?

For what?

Ha ha.
    08-15-17 07:04 PM
    Are you quoting the movie "Warriors"...

Aren't you going to pay for that?

For what?

Ha ha.
    No.. LOL. I was asking, for what monthly subscription?
    08-15-17 07:08 PM
    No.. LOL. I was asking, for what monthly subscription?
    BlackBerry Hub+ Suite.

Please pay folks, don't be like this guy:

For what? Classic...
    08-15-17 07:34 PM
    BlackBerry Hub+ Suite.

Please pay folks, don't be like this guy:

For what? Classic...
    I love that movie.

Now I feel old.....
    08-16-17 08:32 AM
    I love that movie.

Now I feel old.....
    Ha...yeah, no kidding. I felt almost obligated to post that link. I could see you caught my reference but a lot of people on here probably had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.
    08-16-17 01:36 PM
    Moto G5 Plus is nice; Nokia 6 looks nice too. The OP could also get a dtek60.
    08-16-17 02:49 PM
44 12